+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

wheres a good place to farm gold? just beat diablo on hell, dont wanna do inferno till i got better gear

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

How do you remove people from your flist? More specifically, those that aren't my friends. This hacker that I posted recently about is still on my flist, under "recent players" and I just want to get rid of it.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin View Post
    2 one handers should never be stronger than a 2hander. The damage on them doesn't stack up.
    It shouldn't be, but DPS wise.. I've found 2 hand crossbows trumps out a bow/quiver in regards to both a crit build, and just faster fire in general. Have been using it for a while and really like the setup.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    It shouldn't be, but DPS wise.. I've found 2 hand crossbows trumps out a bow/quiver in regards to both a crit build, and just faster fire in general. Have been using it for a while and really like the setup.
    My longterm goal is to have 2 hand crossbows both over 1k dps and both with +25% attack speed. Shit ill die soooooooooooo quick.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    It's multiplicative so order doesn't matter. (For armor/resists at least, not sure about ranged/melee but I assume that too.) First is dodge check, then you reduce damage, then you do shield block. So if you had 70% armor reduction, 60% lightning reduction, and 20% melee reduction you should take 9.6% of the damage from a melee lightning attack before shield block.

Also do you have snapshots of your gear? You have almost as much resists as me.. with a lot more damage and hp. And a shit ton more armor. I want to know how you're doing it lol.
    Could you explain how you get that 9.6%? I'm not a math guy and I just don't understand how all these numbers add up to that. I changed my build up a bit since last night to go for some more damage, but here it is. SS taken with Warcry on. I plan to go for a bit more HP though once I get some more gold.

Spoiler: show

Edit: Also posting the build I use. I don't see many people use leap, but I find it to be awesome. With Iron Impact on my armor goes up to 27.7k for 4 seconds, and Leap recast is only 10 seconds so I can get that armor value 4 out of every 10 seconds. Also is an amazing utility skill for many reasons. Getting the fuck out of shitty situations, leaping into a group of enemies and snaring them, or just saving time while traveling.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Seeing all of your 5 digit+ DPS builds makes me with my 3.8k build here at level 54, Haha.

@Syntex.. Yeah, I wanna dual wield those Hand Crossbows like a boss and build a crit build at some point. :<

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    Could you explain how you get that 9.6%? I'm not a math guy and I just don't understand how all these numbers add up to that. I changed my build up a bit since last night to go for some more damage, but here it is. SS taken with Warcry on. I plan to go for a bit more HP though once I get some more gold.

Spoiler: show

Edit: Also posting the build I use. I don't see many people use leap, but I find it to be awesome. With Iron Impact on my armor goes up to 27.7k for 4 seconds, and Leap recast is only 10 seconds so I can get that armor value 4 out of every 10 seconds. Also is an amazing utility skill for many reasons. Getting the fuck out of shitty situations, leaping into a group of enemies and snaring them, or just saving time while traveling.
    70% DR from armor, 60% DR from resists, 20% DR from "Reduces damage from melee".

(1 - .70) * (1 - .60) * (1 - .20) = (.30) * (.40) * (.80) = 0.096 --> 9.6% damage taken.

---

And really nice gear. I didn't even know values that high were possible on some of that stuff lol. In regards to leap it's definitely a great skill. I believe that every build should have either leap/armor or furious charge/hp. The utility of those moves for avoiding obstacles is simply a must have.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I meant like in easy to understand terms ><

not really concerned about melee or missile damage reduction atm just the armor and resist and how they come together to equal a total in the example I gave last page.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Ok can anyone tell me the real reason of banner?

Each time i play with people they spam the banners like it was no tomorrow.

I know the banner is used to join someone on the field, but doesnt the banner auto update the persons location?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Are there hidden achievements? Like ones that you can't see before you actually unlock them? Minus the nightmare>hell>inferno ones of course.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

They just like being annoying.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I meant like in easy to understand terms ><
    lol, I'll try a more simplified version. Against a level 60 monster: 7000 armor gives you a damage reduction of 70%. 700 resist gives you a damage reduction of 70%. These damage reductions are multiplied together.

So (70% DR from armor) * (70% DR from resist) = (91% Total Damage Reduction).

To put it another way.. If you have a 70% damage reduction, that means you're only taking 30% of the original damage. Thusly, (30% damage taken after armor reduction) multiplied by (30% damage taken after resist reduction) = (.3) * (.3) = (.09) = 9% damage taken after both reductions. Since it's multiplication the order doesn't matter. Armor before resist and resist before armor will give you the same number.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Ok so you multiply the remainder percents together. So if I have 77% reduction from armor and 55% reduction from Ice resist for example. I would multiply .23 with .45 to get the percent of damage I would take from an ice attack. That's not too complex if I am right. Do we know what level monsters in Inferno are? I assume it rises per act.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yep you have it right.

I assumed they were 60,61,62,63; but that was just pure guessing from me. It shouldn't be too far off from there though.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

If we have 70% damage reduction from armor against a l60 what do we have against a l61, or is that unknown?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The armor formula is apparently: Armor / (Armor + (50 x Mob Level)). For resists: Resist / (Resist + (5 x Mob Level)).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What's the highest tier of droppable gem?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Since there is a 3rd factor in damage reduction in the missile/melee category, for the above example I did wouldn't it be .23 x .45 x 1.0 to figure up the total percent of damage I would take from a L60? Assuming in the example I have 0 points in Melee/Missile reduction. I can't just leave that 1.0 out of the equation can I?

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

How rare are the legendary crafting recipes? I just found one for legendary ceremonnial knives level33~ and crafting them costs a hefty amount of essence and teeth. Of course, my first character is a DH so I cant make much for myself lol.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    Since there is a 3rd factor in damage reduction in the missile/melee category, for the above example I did wouldn't it be .23 x .45 x 1.0 to figure up the total percent of damage I would take from a L60? Assuming in the example I have 0 points in Melee/Missile reduction. I can't just leave that 1.0 out of the equation can I?
    If you assume that you have 0 melee/ranged reduction then you can just leave the 1.0 out since multiplying by 1 changes absolutely nothing. You just need to remember to include that term when you have some melee/ranged reduction. And once again it should be multiplicative with the others so order won't matter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast