Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Make sure to remember that the DR percents listed are for mobs that are your level, and that the mobs in act 2 are going to be at least over 60. I'm pretty sure kripp was able to do it with 700 resists and ~9000 armor iirc? Can't guarantee my memory right now though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Turalyon

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    Are there any Barbs on here that can play in act II or above Inferno? I mean go in solo and kill shit reliably without dying non-stop. If so could you please post your builds? The jump in monster power is fucking ridiculous, even with 77% armor reduction and like 600 + in all resists.
    I just soloed 99% of A2 with 5x valor, I'm full on tank - shit dps @4k, 62k HP 970-1k r-all. I go with charge/dreadnought,warcry/impunity, ignore pain/iib, revenge/provocation, frenzy/maniac, wotb/insanity. I had trouble with zoltan kulle so I made my game public; I ended up soloing him since no one joined and then 3 wiz jumped in the game for belial afterward. I wanted to try and solo him but I was like fuck it I'll try another time.

edit: I got work in like 10 mins, I'll post up my stats and shit afterward

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmir Rainteau
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Any monks have success in act 2~3 Inferno?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yikes 4k, that must have been some slow killing. I have like 25-30k damage depending on passives, 9k armor and 300ish resists atm. Mobs just destroy me in Act II. Act I including butcher is a joke though.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Turalyon

definitely slow killing, and it's sort of embarrassing knowing my enchantress almost does as much dps as I do. granted, the feeling of fighting champs and living through poison, laser beams, frost nova is definitely worth it. it gets the job done. I figure high dps/low surv builds would work on ranged classes, but atm on melee it's just not feasible without top tier gear.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So any fellow barbs out there can share any tips on how the hell do you farm Inferno post Act 1? I just soloed Belial, but Act 2 is nowhere near the thing I would call farmable, I spent 75% of the time running away from champion packs that are simply not killable by a barbarian, I doubt upgrading my resist from 65-66% to 75% would be of any help, when they have a shitload of life and destroy you in less than 5 seconds if you try to stand and hit them. Sure, I went through the whole act with at least 3xValor but the ratio killable/not killable is just absurd, I didn't really have much fun playing that way to be honest.

In short, I don't think you can get good gear from Act 1 (unless you get a near perfect roll), how/where do I farm with 50k HP, 14k DPS, 9k armor and 500-600 resist (buffed)?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

I'm interested in the barb talk/builds. I'm 57 and in Act 3/Hell and champs/elites wreck my shit. I don't have a lot of resist (unfortunately) and I'm tired of kiting. Should have been a ranged class, lol.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmir Rainteau
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

You'll probably have to play the AH game to get your resists a bit higher as well as some items that give % reductions to melee/ranged/elite.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Question for my WD : I'm really confused as to what stats to stack, should I go high INT (150+) blues or keep my 70-110 INT + other stats (usually crit %, crit dmg and all resist) rares? I saw tanky WD builds and I saw glass cannon WD builds, but I'm interested as to how you guys have seen it played and if you have any other tips.

And a random question : Is there any good A2 farming route or should I be running A1 since it's faster? Don't think I'm geared enough to clear all of A2 yet.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    And a random question : Is there any good A2 farming route or should I be running A1 since it's faster? Don't think I'm geared enough to clear all of A2 yet.
    Before advancing to act 3, I farmed Skeleton King with x5 Valor stacks and sold the drops on the AH in order to fund my DH's gearing. Unfortunately, the AH is completely flooded with 1k+ weapons now (people abusing Act 4 minibosses WP etc), so you won't really make much money off of the items SK drops anymore.

Here's a link that explains Inferno acts in regards to item tier level drops:

http://www.osirisguide.com/inferno-mode-items-guide/

Inferno Mode Item Tiers

Unlike the previous acts, where tiers of items were based on monster level within that difficulty level, things are a bit different when it comes to Inferno Mode items. Here is how it works:

Act 1: This act can drop items up to tier 16. Monster levels here are level 61.
    Act 2: Drops up to tier 17. Monster levels here are 62.
    Act 3 and 4: Drops up to tier 18. Monster levels here are 63.

This means if you want Tier 18 items (the best base stats in the game), you have to get them from Acts 3 and 4 of Inferno Mode. They will not drop in Act 1 or 2 or in Hell Mode despite an old Blizzard post that said they would. The latest Blizzard info says this is how Inferno drops break down.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ugh. Somehow I feel like I'm going to be chasing the tail end of whatever's good. I still can't farm Inferno, so I've been doing Act 3 runs just to collect gold. I'm ALMOST at a million, but if Act 1 is already old news, I have no idea how I'm going to be able to get enough gold to get decent gear.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    Before advancing to act 3, I farmed Skeleton King with x5 Valor stacks and sold the drops on the AH in order to fund my DH's gearing. Unfortunately, the AH is completely flooded with 1k+ weapons now (people abusing Act 4 minibosses WP etc), so you won't really make much money off of the items SK drops anymore.

Here's a link that explains Inferno acts in regards to item tier level drops:

http://www.osirisguide.com/inferno-mode-items-guide/
    Do you know what ponies are then? Always figured they were the equivalent of act 3/4 mobs.

SPOONY BeARD
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dakin Reyes
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Meko View Post
    I'm interested in the barb talk/builds. I'm 57 and in Act 3/Hell and champs/elites wreck my shit. I don't have a lot of resist (unfortunately) and I'm tired of kiting. Should have been a ranged class, lol.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VPT!ebV!aaccZb

This is the build I used to progress through and now farm a1 Inferno - Pre 60 I'd use Vengeance is Mine and Invigorate/Hardened Wrath for Revenge and Warcry respectively. Stat priority for Barb goes:

Resist All > VIT > + Armor > STR > Physical resist.

For your weapon, you want a fast 1 hand with as much DPS/STR/VIT/Life on Hit as affordable. Bolded Life on Hit because it's very important. I would sort AH 2 levels below to your current, search for 300-400+ Life on Hit + STR + VIT. Filter by DPS and see if anything is in your price range. If not, continue to use the filters until you find something suitable. I'm running with a 540? DPS 1-hand sword, 1.4 attack speed, with 450 Life on Hit and kill things suitably fast. Another tip to find a great weapon for level 57 is sort by 'lower level requirements'. You can effectively find weapons w/ level 60 stats and use it at 57.

For normal mobs, just run in, stack your Frenzy, keep Rend up, and spam your Revenge button. Revenge (especially runed to 30% at level 60) will be your main source of damage and keep you alive. For champ packs, basically save WoTB and Earthquake - run in, pop WoTB and Earthquake, then dps as normal. In act 2 I'll probably have to switch out Earthquake for Ignore Pain, and Rend for Charge or Leap for more survivability.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Noobta View Post
    Do you know what ponies are then? Always figured they were the equivalent of act 3/4 mobs.
    Act 3 & 4. At least from what I've seen, anyways.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

So are you dual wielding or using 1h with shield? Based on your stat recommendation, I would assume shield. Also, here is the build I currently use:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VkT!bda!Ycbcbb

SPOONY BeARD
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dakin Reyes
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Meko View Post
    So are you dual wielding or using 1h with shield? Based on your stat recommendation, I would assume shield. Also, here is the build I currently use:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...VkT!bda!Ycbcbb
    1h + shield. Superstition and Tough as Nails are also better passives. I never really liked Cleave over Frenzy, Sidearm w/ Frenzy offers some AoE plus much better for single target, and you'll have plenty of AoE between Revenge and Rend. The good thing about using a shield is that Revenge can proc off blocks. Seismic Slam is just too narrow an ability when 80% of the time you'll be surrounded by mobs, plus the knock back kind of defeats the purpose of spamming revenge as fewer mobs will be hitting you. Rend is only 45% less weapon damage, but costs 10 less fury and hits 360 degrees.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

Very good point. I'm just a fan of dual wielding some 1h'ers. I'm gonna try out the build and see how it works. That "Impunity" rune looks amazing....at 60.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Are you dual weilding because of the additional stats on the offhand weapon, or did someone actually determine there was some other benefit to doing so?

Also, are the servers still down? I keep getting Error 37.
    Nvm, now I'm erroring out after retrieving hero list.
    Screw this, I'm going to go play something else.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

I'm dual wielding because it's awesome? I was doing it for more overall dps output.

STR-1 DEX-1
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

If you don't mind grinding a little bit you can do what I did and ding 60 on Barb in act2 hell. Maghda quest is 250k-300k/run(clear the small waypoint area then everything else on the way, make sure to save 8 prisoners), kill her then repeat. Starting at 57 I was getting 2mil exp/hr with bad gear and a bad spec. I really expected exp to drop way off at some point but it never did.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast