FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Fane of Kaprima 60 (normal/hard)

NOTE: As of 9/9/13 this dungeon has been removed from the game.

http://cdn.bluegartr.com/tera/fane-entrance.png

Map

http://cdn.bluegartr.com/tera/fane.png

Bosses
    • Logran
    • Agarta
    • Kornus
    • Kaprima

Drops ( Level 60 )

• Azimuth Coat (Leather)
    • Baby's Sigh (Earring)
    • Bloodspring Drop (Necklace)
    • Boots of No Return (Leather)
    • Caged Raindrop (Earring)
    • Caged Wind (Earring)
    • Chainbreakers (Metal)
    • Circumstand (Priest)
    • Constance (Archer)
    • Darkpath Treaders (Metal)
    • Deathgrips (Leather)
    • Distant Susurrus (Earring)
    • Dormancers (Cloth)
    • Earthtomb Plate (Metal)
    • Ebbing Steps (Cloth)
    • Fatespinner (Sorcerer)
    • Fatigued Boots (Leather)
    • Gloves of Chicanery (Leather)
    • Grooved Setting (Ring)
    • Hypnopath (Metal)
    • Kryheart Setting (Ring)
    • Napcatchers (Metal)
    • Night Slippers (Cloth)
    • Phoenix Fantail (Necklace)
    • Quaver Ring (Ring)
    • Quietus Plate (Metal)
    • Sandman's Grip (Leather)
    • Skyborne Reach (Metal)
    • Slumber Jacket (Leather)
    • Sorrowpathers (Cloth)
    • Unshackled Vest (Leather)
    • Zephyr Ring (Ring)

Guides

Dungeon Guide: Fane of Kaprima 60

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

http://i50.tinypic.com/24wcxzo.png

Posting as requested.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Hah, ahaha. perfect.

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Our party is having a hell of a time with HM Kaprima. Our melee DPS seem to get constantly raped within 10% of starting her, basically fucking any hope we have. The tank is fine, and in general ranged DPS (me) are fine. However it's apparently really damn hard to tell when she's about to assrape you when you're standing behind her and can't easily see animations.

Do any of you melee DPS (zerkers specifically) have any good words of wisdom to impart? Apparently even if you can see an attack coming, you get stuck in attack animations too often, meaning you take asstons of damage.

Also, I told them to all just go lvl sorc since we're OP, but they won't listen. :D

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Coren Cypher
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Also, what is the order for spikes in the crab room? Something like N, S, N, N, S, blah blah. I assume there is a pattern and that it is not random.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lilura Sainik
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Coren View Post
    Also, what is the order for spikes in the crab room? Something like N, S, N, N, S, blah blah. I assume there is a pattern and that it is not random.
    Maybe it's different in HM, but I know in normal it's straight up N, S, N, S, etc... Every night we ran it this week it went this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Coren View Post
    Our party is having a hell of a time with HM Kaprima. Our melee DPS seem to get constantly raped within 10% of starting her, basically fucking any hope we have. The tank is fine, and in general ranged DPS (me) are fine. However it's apparently really damn hard to tell when she's about to assrape you when you're standing behind her and can't easily see animations.

Do any of you melee DPS (zerkers specifically) have any good words of wisdom to impart? Apparently even if you can see an attack coming, you get stuck in attack animations too often, meaning you take asstons of damage.

Also, I told them to all just go lvl sorc since we're OP, but they won't listen. :D
    I can't say for certain since I tank, but generally melee stick to the side when doing Kaprima rather than the back. Be aware that after the scythe slam, Kaprima will follow up with a frontal assault (only tank cares about this), a backward hit (that misses if you stick to the side) and a cyclone (where you get the fuck out).

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

For Zerker there is no reason to be behind Kaprima at all times. Zerker can stand at her side and charge, then move behind to release and get the behind bonus. If they didn't know, when it comes to blocking the backwards spin they need to turn the way she's going to spin back to block it.

Other than that, they need to make sure they can see what she's doing. You need to be able to atleast see her scythe when it hits the ground. If the tip is up, they know she's going to back spin. Eye glint, however.. is hard as hell to catch for her stationary spin. There isn't enough warning to block it half the time. (Although in normal mode I swear they slowed it down. I was able to block almost every one when I heard the glint.)

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Haven't done HM myself but, when the boss slams the scythe into the floor, he has a chance of doing 1 of 3 moves.
    Considering the animation is about 2 seconds long (in berserk fast movement mode), you get plenty of time to avoid what he will be doing next.
    (zerker advice since I play one!)
    the back slam, is easily avoidable, as I usually dps at an angle to keep the "back dps bonus"
    The backwards spin however is the most deadly (but I believe he no longer bleeds ou with it anyway si its kinda weak now I'd presume, as that was the most deadly aspect...).

Anyway...! usually as a safety measure, when he does the slam, I would run at an angel away from him, like say I'm at the south east of his body position. I would run toward the south east about 3-4 steps aim my axe block to the west.

The spin "moves", and as such, just blocking facing the boss directly is useless, as you will take several hits, being on the 'side" of the cyclone movement however, will block the entire spin. There is 1 exception to this, that may be higher dps up time BUT, a big risk (especially in HM I'd presume because of the damage). The zerker would have to perfectly align to the back of the boss, and be "moved" back as the boss moves blocking.

I do the side block method because theirs less risk (if not none, if you watch closely), for some dps downtime. It was better then hoping I'd do it perfectly , and if not, taking a bleed effect that rapes, and hoping the healer would save me in time from it, as the obscene damage you'd take messing up + bleed is a good 40-50K damage on normal mode for messing up.

P.S. I do the "run out and charge, run in when near fully charged and dps" method, its usually the least "damage taking" method, unsure if your zerker is doing that... it may look odd/funny, but its the highest survival way of doing things.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

What has been said is very good advice. Good zerkers should employ the "hit and run" method. Charge at a safe distance, run in when they're ready for Thunder Strike to go off, SLAM, move to safe distance, use Fiery Rage, begin charging again, rinse, lather, repeat as necessary.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hit and run, keep an eye on its moves and patterns. Anarchic Crux x 4.

I already told em this but as a reminder of the most troublesome moves that hurt DPS:

2 types of scythe slams:
    -BLUNT side down, pointy side up: Will follow up with cyclone
    -POINTY side down, blunt side up: Follows up with either 2 more hits directed at tank, or one single slam directly behind her. 95% sure she alternates between the two so you know which she will do next if you remember the last one

The other move that can hit DPS often is the eye glint spin. That one you just need to be fast on. Eye glint followed by the start of a winding motion = block asap.

Most of the advice so far is based on NM, but I know Coren means specifically the HM mode boss in which you need to maximize DPS while not dying. This is really tough on berserkers. It's doable, but tough. The HM boss moves faster, hits harder, still has a bleed effect on cyclone, and will kill everyone if he is not killed in 10min so it's a DPS race. Every bit of time and damage makes a difference in this fight. Many have failed with less than 1% life left.

Wordsmith Cookie
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

spikes on HM crab is always:

N - S - S (repeat) the 1st north to first south is always around 30seconds from each other. So:

North > quick break > South > long break > South > long break > repeat

N - S - S - N - S - S - N - S - S , etc

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lilura Sainik
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Glad to know HM is different than NM. Lord knows my group would have gone in expecting NSNSNS only to lose at least our slayer... because he's slowwwwwwwwwww

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

In regards to Kaprima's scythe slam, there is another key that you can spot before she even slams the scythe on the group point up or down. When she is going to do the spin (point up) she will lower her hand on the scythe. **You can watch her re-grip it as she starts the motion.

On the other hand, It's harder to tell for sure, but I believe she does the exact opposite and raise her hand towards the blade, when she will do the point down slam. It's not as deliberate or easy to see as the point up slam, but you should be able to tell the difference once you start looking for it. Feel free to tell your friends where you heard it from :D.

**I haven't done kaprima on anything but lancer yet so I don't know what you can or can't see from behind.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I cant see shit directly behind, though slightly to the side can see point up or down. Maintaining 12m out its only a step back to not get spun.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Timer/Bonus room:

Hear things like old ktera quest etc. However past few weeks ever since it was mentioned in other thread I've been recording #of superior drops in norm runs. 100% 5 drops with timer/4 pillars and a range of 3-5 (average 3.9) without. Have not been writing down runs with backstab/3 pillar trick.

Curious as what other people are getting for hard data.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I think Kane (or was it Lone?) said they have data on the drop rates doing with and without the timer. Hopefully he posts it here, as we need every inch of data possible.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Another video for war solo awesome+hilarity