Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Clearly not Tonko
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    No one is saying you shouldn't get beta access if you pre-ordered.

Are you bitter that the real beta testers (you know the ones that test all the time not just one weekend a month) get to do so for free?
    Yeah, man. Super ticked.

This may not apply to you, but the people with their entitled attitudes are pretty silly. I'm sure you know most MMOs will offer a free trial after the game has been out for a while. You can try it then. It's pretty standard. I hope that doesn't make it seem like I am up a dev b-hole but that's my opinion.

The VGcharts I believe is box copies only and only in the US. Most people probably bought digital, so I'm sure the number is much higher than that.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Thanks for posting that. look at halo 4. . also does that pre-order also include pre-purchase?

Also how mainstream do you want guild wars 2 to be? I mean its actually reaching people that have never touched an MMO in their lives. I think that's pretty mainstream. I also have realized from the people I have spoken to personally that have doubts, they are actually the mainstream MMOers, that have been burnt before.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/good-for-noobs/
    That's pretty much me. I just don't want to waste money again. I am much more on the side of not spending on a new MMO than I am toward taking the risk. I assume Anet would still want me as a customer though.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
    Yeah, man. Super ticked.

This may not apply to you, but the people with their entitled attitudes are pretty silly. I'm sure you know most MMOs will offer a free trial after the game has been out for a while. You can try it then. It's pretty standard. I hope that doesn't make it seem like I am up a dev b-hole but that's my opinion.
    No, I understand what you are saying, but there is a window of opportunity for new MMO's. I would expect them to try to get as many people interested as possible. I am not even writing off the chance of an open beta at some point. I am just not going to purchase a game just to get beta access. And I am almost definitely just going to buy the game based on what fan boys say. I would like to try it out, and I am more likely to purchase it if I like it after trying it then just purchasing it and hoping. I have purchased and hoped before, and I ended up wasting money.

That's not Anet's fault, but once bitten, twice shy, baby.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

It's not their fault that you decided to buy shitty games that when leaked footage came out of the SWTOR beta, it looked completely lackluster and slow and etc etc. If you bought an EA owned game and were disappointed that's really not Anets fault that you wasted money and were surprised when the game was not up to snuff. Taking that mindset over to a completely unrelated company makes 0 sense. If I got burned by SWTOR I wouldn't refuse to buy WoW, Tera, GW2, etc etc. They are made by a completely different company.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

and the Big Beta Event Weekend #1 is oovveerrrrrrrr.

And since this thread has devolved even further since the event is over there is no reason to keep it open.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4