+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rules of TERA     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Rules of TERA

Just for kicks, I compiled my first 12 rules of TERA. These are meant to be humorous, yet true. Everyone is free to add their own rules, and if I like it I'll add them to the list.

Rule of TERA #1: The amount of defense female character armor provides is directly proportional to the amount of skin it reveals.
    Rule of TERA #2: The item you are running an instance for will not drop until after you have already acquired it.
    Rule of TERA #3: The highest roll on the item you wanted most will always go to the worst player in your party.
    Rule of TERA #4: If there's a narrow passageway you must pass through, there is always an enemy or a BAM blocking the way.
    Rule of TERA #5: You will only be successful when enchanting above +5 when you care about it the least.
    Rule of TERA #6: Every time a Hyena jumps through you, BlueHole laughs hysterically at you, then God kills a kitten.
    Rule of TERA #7: The instance matching button is the "I didn't need these crystals anyway" button.
    Rule of TERA #8: For a dps class, the estimated time remaining in the instance queue is not in minutes, its in hours.
    Rule of TERA #9: Women don't play female characters. They play Elin.
    Rule of TERA #10: The teleport masters want you to get ganked. They always teleport you to channel 1.
    Rule of TERA #11: If your instance party waits more than 30 seconds to start, the Slayer will attempt to solo the instance by himself.
    Rule of TERA #12: Talking in area chat on a constant basis requires an IQ of less than 90, or less than 80 if its LFG chat.

Rule of TERA #13: The tank in your instance matched party waited 0.2 seconds to join you, and isn't afraid to repeat that process to join someone else because you looked at him funny.
    Rule of TERA #14: When tanking, the melee classes will stand on both sides of you so you can't strafe when the BAM decides to level your skull in.
    Rule of TERA #15: As a melee, the moment you decide to use your strongest attack is the moment someone steps in front of you, making you hit only air.
    Rule of TERA #16: As a Mystic, the quantity of motes you place is inversely proportional to the likelihood that your party members will consume them.
    Rule of TERA #17: If you wish to negotiate a price with someone through the trade broker, they will miraculously be AFK.
    Rule of TERA #18: Every time someone wishes to negotiate one of your sales, they will do so in the middle of your dungeon boss fight, when you can't respond.
    Rule of TERA #19: The other members of your instance matched party never have any Arunic Panaceas.
    Rule of TERA #20: Zyrks are made of paper-thin glass; they always break first.
    Rule of TERA #21: Teleport Jaunt only cools down out of combat, when you need it the least.
    Rule of TERA #22: Selling a high-value item at the Brokerage will net you several new people to put on your block list.

Update 2:
    Rule of TERA #23: If you are winning a GvG battle, your opponent will miraculously find a safe zone before you can finish him.
    Rule of TERA #24: When farming a low level instance solo, the item you want to drop will only do so if you run the instance on a different character.
    Rule of TERA #25: The last minion of the group is the one that has no hit detection box.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Armel Falzen
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

These are very, very true.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

forgot one:

Remember to always be kind and gently to your PuG tank, even if he sucks, because he can drop the grp on a whim and force your in-progress grp to afk for an hour

2 and 6 are very close to my heart. So much rage.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Armel Falzen
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Rule #13 Take tooltips a seriously as humanly possible

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Rule of TERA #13: The more your tank talks, the more likely they are ragequit on you in the middle of an instance.

Rule #14. If you are a tank, melee will stand on either side of you so you can't move when a BAM is about to level your skull in
    Rule #15. If you're melee, the other melee will always step in front of you just as you wind up your largest hitting attack so you get stuck on the player and never connect.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Rule #16. The more balls you place, the less likely anyone in your group will pick them up.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Rule #17. Every time you want to negotiate with someone through the trade broker they will always be afk.

Rule #18. Every time someone wants to negotiate one of your sales they will do so when you are fighting a dungeon boss and can't respond.

Rule #19. Every group for any dungeon ALREADY has a warrior so you can't join.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Rule #16. The more balls you place, the less likely anyone in your group will pick them up.

This is sooooo true.. on some fights i get bored and just drop balls all over the place and they sit.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Rule #20 Dungeon que parties members do not bring stamina pots. Campfires only

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Rule # 21. Crystals that are more expensive have a higher break rate, with Zyrks being the highest.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Rule #22. Teleport Jaunt's cooldown will only reset when its not needed.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    Rule # 21. Crystals that are more expensive have a higher break rate, with Zyrks being the highest.
    I thought this actually was the case.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    Rule #17. Every time you want to negotiate with someone through the trade broker they will always be afk.

Rule #18. Every time someone wants to negotiate one of your sales they will do so when you are fighting a dungeon boss and can't respond.
    I removed the barbin tab/chat from my veiw... everyone that does negotiate 99% of the time offer 1/2 the price it was put up for or less

and also I'm surprised...

Rule #23 All female characters ingame, are male irl
    Rule #24 Your pug lancer, most likely has no gems, because he's expecting the group to fail.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    San Solara
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Rule #15. If you're melee, the other melee will always step in front of you just as you wind up your largest hitting attack so you get stuck on the player and never connect.
    On Zerker, this is pretty much my whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    I removed the barbin tab/chat from my veiw... everyone that does negotiate 99% of the time offer 1/2 the price it was put up for or less

and also I'm surprised...

Rule #23 All female characters ingame, are male irl
    Rule #24 Your pug lancer, most likely has no gems, because he's expecting the group to fail.
    Rule #25: When you actually win the roll on a worthwhile enigmatic drop that you can sell, people will troll you for at least 6 hours from the moment you list it on the auction house until it is sold with extremely lowball offers and whispers of "lol, nobody will pay over xxxx for that, the market is flooded!" when you click that deny button.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Updated!

Thank you, everyone. I'm loving the quality of the responses I'm getting. The number of rules continues to grow!

Keep 'em coming!

Edit: Also, Gulk, I covered your 23, and I love ya and all, but I decided to not include your 24. Cheers.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I never thought about #14 before. I'll have to keep that in mind. #15 is a pita when trying to clear the minion swarms in an instance on my slayer and someone blocks me on the way.