FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Now that you've pointed them out.. I kinda want one of those keyboards >.>;

The incorporation of the GBA into the GC was just awful.. To take advantage of any of those games, you needed four people with GBAs, and then 4 link cables?? That said, I still have my original Wavebird from the original release -- still use it with the Wii. After all these years (and a ton of moving while in college), one of the buttons sticks a little, but beyond that, works great. That adapter reminds me though.. did the N64 have a Gameboy adapter, or am I imagining that?
    Believe it just has a transfer pak, which was only really used for Pokemon.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Dont Forget the rumble pack

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Yes, the 64 had a gameboy adapter, but you could only play games on it through a 64 game. Only ones I know of that took advantage of it were the Pokemon Coliseum games. I'm not sure if you could play any gameboy game, or if it was just pokemon.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

The Transfer Pak (64GBパック Rokujūyon Jī Bī Pakku?, 64 Game Boy Pack) is an accessory that plugged into the controller and allowed the Nintendo 64 to transfer data between Game Boy or Game Boy Color games and N64 games.[9] The Transfer Pak has a Game Boy Color slot and a part that fits onto the expansion port of the N64 controller. It is considered the successor to the Super Game Boy, and the predecessor of the GameCube-Game Boy Advance cable. It was included with the game Pokémon Stadium, as the game's main feature was importing Pokémon teams from Game Boy titles.
    Pokémon Stadium and Pokémon Stadium 2 are games that rely heavily on the Transfer Pak. Pokémon Stadium also included a "GB Tower" mode for playing Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow on the N64 via a built-in Game Boy emulator (which included unlockable "Doduo" and "Dodrio" modes which would speed up the game by a factor of 2 and 3, respectively). The Stadium games are the exception, as normally it is not possible to actually play Game Boy games on the N64 with the Transfer Pak, as was possible with the Super Game Boy on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System.
    Both Mario Golf and Mario Tennis also made use of it. Rare's Perfect Dark was initially going to be compatible with the Transfer Pak in order to use pictures taken with the Game Boy Camera for creating characters with real life faces, but this function was scrapped after the attacks at Columbine High School and a wave of anti-violent video game sentiment, and the Transfer Pak was usable only in combination with the Game Boy Color version of Perfect Dark for unlocking bonuses.[citation needed]

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ugh now I secretly wish they will make an adapter with the Wii U for DS/3DS games...

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

That would be nice. I've always been a little surprised Nintendo hasn't done more to link their console/handhelds, since they dominated the handheld arena for so long and are still a huge player. The pokemon games seem to be the most visible examples of using the link, but the latest generation doesn't have a wii game

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Had one of those GBA adaptors for my GC, I probably used that more than any actual GC game.... lol

Hell, I stll have the GC with the adaptor. I just have no idea where the disc is thats required to play GBA games.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Super Gameboy, that's what I was thinking of!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Cube was a good system with a lot of good games. Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader is still one of my favorite all-time games from that era. That game put it all together.

The system needed a Sequel/Prequel to Ogre Battle 64 on it, though.
    Ogre Battle, how I have missed thee

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Rokku View Post
    I don't think I ever saw one of these, but is that seriously a full size keyboard with Gamecube buttons on either side? I can't even imagine using that.
    I still have one of those, used it all the time with PSO. It really wasn't as awkward as you'd think. I love the GBA player too, still use that all the time when I'm playing GBA games at home.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Only thing that bugged me about the GBA player was no option to adjust the colours to look right on a TV. GBA games were always a bit brighter coloured to compensate for the dim-lit GBA vanilla screen.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Eh it's pretty much whatever 'hate' Wii had during it's announcement is being played here again. Hell sony and microsoft are both working on tablet things too now.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Eh it's pretty much whatever 'hate' Wii had during it's announcement is being played here again. Hell sony and microsoft are both working on tablet things too now.
    Except most of us still hate those motion controls.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Tablets aren't quite as... wonky... as motion controls, though, and for the super-casual crowd, the wii's motion controls (and lower price) are more accessible/comfortable. Particularly since they haven't spent large portions of their life perfecting their thumbstick mastery.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

What's funny is that I don't use the motion controls for most of the titles I play on the Wii. Classic Controller Pro all the way for MHTri. Gamecube controller for super smash. When I'm forced to use it for things like Skyward Sword, I don't enjoy it really.

Looking forward to tablet moreso than I was motion control to be honest. I'd rather have a semi-standard controller with some interesting new features rather than the Wiimote and Nunchuck.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Over on Gamasutra today, Nintendo’s president Satoru Iwata weighed in on all things Wii U, explaining that the key to the system’s success when it launches this holiday season will be the attractiveness of its price, not simply the fact that it’ll be the first next generation console to enter the market:

“The pricing of Wii U is going to be one of the most important elements when it is going to be launched. The environment is different. Wii U is going to be launching in a different environment than when the Wii was launched. Also, the involvement surrounding [mobile and social] businesses is different than several years ago.”
    We’ve been hearing similar refrains about the as-yet unannounced price of the Wii U for the last few weeks and months. Nintendo seems really eager to scrub out the memory of the 3DS’s launch, its $250 price tag cited as the main reason why systems sat on store shelves for its first several months of life. The sluggish sales are one of the main contributors to why Nintendo posted its first fiscal loss in decades this year:

“Our intention is to return to profitability after just one year of losing money. I just cannot say that it’s a good thing for Nintendo at all to record an annual loss for two or more years in a row. … The [loss of the] past year is due to the 3DS hardware sales. We were selling hardware below the cost, so this year we are already recovering and improving the profitability of the 3DS.”
    In addition, Iwata explains that Nintendo is competing with Microsoft and Sony in a way that’s divorced from simply trying to release hardware with more horsepower:

“Even when we were going to launch the Wii system, there were a lot of voices saying ‘Nintendo should stop making hardware.’ The reasoning behind that was Nintendo would not have any chance against Microsoft and Sony. The fact of the matter was: I did not think Nintendo should compete against these companies with the same message and same entertainment options for people.

We have not changed our strategy. In other words, we just do not care what kind of ‘more beef’ console Microsoft and Sony might produce in 2013. Our focus is on how we can make our new console different than [others].”
    For all the noise they’ve been making about the pricing of the system, it might be in their best interests to actually, you know, announce a price already. July is coming to a close, meaning that autumn is right around the corner. Why not announce a price and a release date to let us start planning? It’s not like the other console manufacturers will be able to cut prices for their next-gen systems…they don’t exist. The only reason I can think of for keeping mum is to prevent preemptive price cuts on the Xbox 360 and PS3 consoles that are already really old. But if the price is really going to be that attractive, a new console should beat out an old one every time. Right?
    http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/201...rice-is-prime/
    http://gamasutra.com/view/news/17429..._important.php

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Ok that looks really cool... I might have to show my cousin. He is a HUGE FIFA player.