Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by izembo View Post
    nintendo always does their announcement for system price/date in september
    Nintendo is holding a major Wii U press event in New York City on September 13, hosted by Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime. An invitation sent to select media outlets today promised a day that will let us learn "more about how the Wii U will change the future of gaming and entertainment."
    http://kotaku.com/5936634/looks-like...y-september-13

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

if they follow their patterns as usual the date would be November 18 as well.
    (curse you sunday release dates nintendo)

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Going to pre-order soon as the price is revealed. Was hell just trying to get a Wii when it came out. Just hope, wait this is nintendo, it doesn't have that much of a mediocre launch line-up.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Seems like developers putting games on Wii U's eshop gets more revenue than XBL & PSN. Counts for indie games too.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...-outed-by-pdp/
    The Nintendo Wii U might launch on November 18, 2012, if you believe today's rumor. The rumor stems from an announcement from third party controller manufacturer, PDP. They revealed their Wii U accessories would be released on November 18, a Sunday.

Sunday seems like a weird day to release your new accessories, unless you're Nintendo that is. Nintendo's track record for releasing consoles lends itself to these rumors. They almost always launch products on Sunday. The GameCube was released on November 18 and the Wii was released on November 19, both Sundays. The Nintendo 3DS was released on November 21, which was, you guessed it, a Sunday. It doesn't take too much speculation to figure Nintendo is eying November 18th for the Wii U.

We won't know the Wii U release date, officially, until Nintendo announces it. They plan on revealing Wii U details at upcoming event on September 13, 2012.

On a personal note, I've been anti-Wii U since it was announced. All of that changed when I found out my sister doesn't know how to properly turn off the Wii and left it on for weeks. It no longer works. So where will I be on November 17th? I'll be in line at City Walk for the Wii U, just like I was years ago for the Wii. I'm a Nintendo-sheep.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

more on that

Nintendo’s brand new console, the Wii U, will hit shelves on November 18, according to a post on Kotaku today. The post cites an anonymous source claiming to have attended the GameStop managers’ conference in Texas today, where accessory-maker PDP slipped the date into a presentation in which they assured the gathered managers that their Wii U peripherals would be available just ahead of the date.

The source added:

“They changed the subject real quickly once they realized what they said.”
    By way of corroboration, the Kotaku post also points to a NeoGAF user making the same claims.

The post received responses from both PDP and Nintendo spokespeople, neither of whom could confirm the date, which is officially still under wraps.

Said PDP community manager Candace Hinton:

“At this time we can’t confirm Nintendo’s dates and we don’t know exactly what was heard, but we simply do not know that this point. We are launching accessories, but the date for the accessories doesn’t mean a confirmation on the hardware. If you seek confirmation on the date that is something that is going to need to go specifically though Nintendo, but we can’t confirm or deny dates on any of their hardware.”
    Nintendo’s own response was far more succinct:

“We have nothing to announce at this time.”
    As the post also insightfully points out, November 18 is the last Sunday before Thanksgiving weekend, which holds the unofficial American shopping holiday, Black Friday. Add to that the fact that Nintendo’s been making a habit of releasing new products on Sunday (while the rest of the industry is content with Tuesday releases), and there you have it. As for when the release date will be officially unveiled, expect to get both date and price at Nintendo’s New York press conference on September 13.
    http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/201...h-date-leaked/
    http://kotaku.com/5938229/gaming-acc...on-november-18
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488698

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

played scibblenauts unlimited today, along with the new mario, zombieu and the new pikmin, they were all highly addictive and beautiful, im sold on this thing as long as it isnt a bajillion dollars

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

ZombiU def looks like a nice launch title to have. Enough zombie games as it is, but need something with replay value during launch.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    ZombiU def looks like a nice launch title to have. Enough zombie games as it is, but need something with replay value during launch.
    needs more Zelda up in this bitch :/

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Skyward Sword just came out in Nov '11. Don't expect another Zelda till 2014.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

They better have a Pokemon coliseum game in the pipeline. I will be massively disappointed if there isn't one announced within a few months of launch.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Naw, screw colosseum games, they were terrible.
    Pokemon needs to get out of the downward same shit as all the previous renditions bs mario is going through.

Handheld pokemon is fun, but it's pretty stagnant. Just think about a full fledged pokemon game alla Xenoblade style. The graphic upgrade to console would be amazing within itself, but to incorporate a vast world along with it, side quests out the ass, indepth story, etc..

I mean, I guess really.. It just comes down wanting them to put a little bit of effort in to a new game instead of reusing old sprites and engines.

Take that first step in to a console, and then go the MMO route. Gameover.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

The Coliseum games only sucked if you cared about the story. I have news for you: If you're playing a Pokemon game for the story, you're doing it wrong.

The Coliseum games are awesome because of 3d battles against friends on the big screen. Raise your team on your handheld, battle on the console. It's fun.

Re: Wii U

Got to try the PAX demo of ZombiU today. I was throughly unimpressed. Controls were clunky (and incredibly laggy) and the tablet felt like massive gimmick.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

tablet is definitely a gimmick. in 2 years no one outside of nintendo will still be using it.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by izembo View Post
    tablet is definitely a gimmick. in 2 years no one outside of nintendo will still be using it.
    lol. So play one game that is still in development and say the whole system is a gimmick? Way to have an open mind.

Re: Wii U

I also got my hands on Scribblenauts, Rayman and Trine 2. Its a gimmick with laggy controls.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

pro controller was made because 3rd parties demanded it. played multiple games on it and I just don't see the lasting value of it outside of maps/etc. most of it is a gimmick.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 111 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast