Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

According to a French developer’s job listing (translated into very rough English):

• Unannounced big budget (multi million dollar/euro) Fantasy Medieval Role-Playing is in the works.
    • The game is for PC / Mac / console. It is currently in pre-production.
    • The job listing mentions “innovative peripherals (including Wii U)”. Wii U is the only console mentioned on the job listing.
    • IS is a company being created based in Montreuil, Paris (France).
    • The team is mainly composed of veterans of the gaming industry and has an internationally recognized expertise in the field.
    • Job listing says details will be announced to the press, between October and December 2012.
    • Offers Pre-employment training : Only one student per class maximum.

The developer had made another similar job posting made on Deviantart:

“We’re currently looking for freelances high poly 3D artists.
    The project is a video game, an heroic fantasy RPG with higly detailled armors (~500 000 polys per character). It’s not for real time, rather for rendering, 3D printing and other things of the same kind.

It’s a big project with a big budget (several millions dollars), but also with a lot of work. Compensation will depend on quality and percentage of completion, from hundreds to thousands of dollars per character.“
    On another job listing looking for a web developer, it reads:

“Depending on your profile and your experience, you will be working on one or more of the following:
    • Online store (physical distribution worldwide)
    • Game site
    • ERP
    • Forum, wiki
    • Applications and promotional games online (mobile, facebook, etc.)”

Marc Kruzic is the game’s creator.

According to his linkedin account, he is currently a project manager at Earthlings Games where he managed a series of 12 interactive storytelling games for children on iPad / iPhone / Android for Chillingo and Electronic Arts. Earlier in his career, he regularly monitored the development of software localization for French distributed games at Big Fish Games.
    http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012...-medieval-rpg/
    http://www.emploi-it.net/offre/1204/...astique-at-is/
    http://comments.deviantart.com/18/1738667/2579060512
    http://translate.google.com/translat...astique-at-is/
    http://fr.linkedin.com/in/marckruzik

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Wii U version of Mass Effect 3 will not feature support for a 1080p resolution.

So confirmed Straight Right CEO Tom Crago, stomping on a Nintendo Power rumour claiming otherwise.

"The game will run at 720p," stated Crago, according to Official Nintendo Magazine.

Straight Right is the developer handling the Wii U port of the BioWare game, which publisher EA confirmed will be a launch game for the Nintendo console later this year.

BioWare's first ever title on a Nintendo home console will feature a new control scheme designed to incorporate the Wii U GamePad, as well as "bonus DLC including the Extended Cut, an interactive back story covering previous events in the Mass Effect universe, and Mass Effect 3′s critically acclaimed multiplayer experience".
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-run-in-1080p/
    http://www.officialnintendomagazine....l-run-in-720p/
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...hots-blast-in/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Cave, a new game from Monkey Island creator Ron Gilbert, will be released as a download title on Wii U.

DoubleFine rep Greg Rice confirmed as much during a PAX presentation, according to Joystiq.

Perviously announced for a digital release on XBLA, PSN and PC in early 2013, it's described by Sega as an "odd and compelling" adventure game.

"Your first clue that The Cave is a place like no other will come just after you assemble your team of three unlikely adventurers - each with their own unique personalities and skills - and stumble across a subterranean amusement park and a medieval castle, not to mention a fully armed and ready to launch nuclear-tipped ICBM," said Sega in the game's original announcement.
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com...med-for-wii-u/
    http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/02/ro...e-also-headed/

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

I've never really noticed a difference between 720 and 1080. Is it really that big of a deal?

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Jornna View Post
    I've never really noticed a difference between 720 and 1080. Is it really that big of a deal?
    Somewhat on larger screens, like over 45 inches at the lowest. Even then I feel like its difficult to tell sometimes.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kadaj View Post
    Somewhat on larger screens, like over 45 inches at the lowest.
    Maybe if you're 30 feet away. Otherwise it's a huge ass difference, even on small screens.

Next you're going to say there's not that much of a difference between 480p and 720p.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    Maybe if you're 30 feet away. Otherwise it's a huge ass difference, even on small screens.

Next you're going to say there's not that much of a difference between 480p and 720p.
    yeah point taken. Then again I sat pretty far from my 32 inch and I have shitty eyes.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://wiiudaily.com/2012/09/wii-u-z...e-coming-2014/

Wii U Zelda coming in 2014, will be biggest Zelda game ever
    According to our source in Japan, Nintendo is betting big on the next Zelda game, set for release in 2014 on the Wii U. This comes from the same source that accurately predicted Wii U achievements in the past, and broke the news Nintendo was working on a Wii U social network, which turned out to be Miiverse. So we’re quite confident in this information. The source is from within Nintendo and has seen the new Zelda game in action. He’s impressed, to say the least.

The first bit of information concerns the visual style of the game. Many Zelda fans are hoping for a darker, Twilight Princes-like Zelda on the Wii U, but it looks like Nintendo is sticking to most recent Zelda art style, found in Skyward Sword. “Nintendo is sticking to the core values of Zelda, while trying to appeal to a wide range of gamers, casual and hardcore”, our source told us, adding, “They feel they’ve found the sweet spot with Skyward Sword, and they’re continuing this approach with the Wii U Zelda game”.

Wii U Zelda has the biggest development team ever

Nintendo has assembled the biggest team ever to work on a game at Nintendo EAD 3 in Japan. “They got hundreds of people working on the new Wii U Zelda game”, which still hasn't got an official subtitle. The development is once again led by Eiji Aonuma, who has been working on the game with his team since late 2010.

“It’s a 4-year development cycle with a new console, new technology, new engine etc. It’ll end up being the most expensive game they’ve made to date. It’s a huge investment for them [Nintendo] in money and manpower, this is Rockstar/GTA territory”. Nintendo originally planned to release the game in Fall 2013 to strengthen the Wii U against the new consoles from Microsoft and Sony, but apparently that didn’t turn out to be realistic. “They targeted a 2013 release, but quickly abandoned that goal. This is the biggest project they’ve [Nintendo] ever done, no way is it gonna be ready for Q3 2013. At least from where I see it”.

Biggest, most ambitious Zelda game to date.

The new Wii U Zelda will feature “about the same amount of dungeons as previous Zelda games, but these will be vastly bigger in scope and will be totally different from each other. Some dungeons are so big they’re broken up in 3 parts and will literally take hours to complete”. The Wii U Zelda game will also “have mini-games and side quests, but these are still on the drawing board”. Finally, the game’s composers are creating a brand new orchestral soundtrack with “hours of music”. No word on whether any characters will speak in the game. Regarding the story, he said “I really can’t comment on that [the story] because I have no idea what it is. I dunno where it’s set in the Zelda timeline. I’ve seen a grown up Link who looks like a much higher detailed Link from Skyward Sword. I haven’t see any cut scenes or boss fights either at this point. I’m not sure they’ve made any of that yet”.

One of the dungeons is said to be an entire forest. “The first test dungeon they made was a giant forest running on early and buggy Wii U hardware — the dungeon was bigger than the Hyrule field in Ocarina, and the whole thing is one dungeon. You use the gamepad to navigate, avoid traps, follow clues etc. It’s dark, lush, with a ton of trees, foliage, some which you have to cut your way through. Its scope and details are unlike anything you’ve seen in a Zelda game”. He added that the Wii U Zelda game is so big, it wouldn’t be possible without the 25 GB Blu-ray based storage that the console uses.

No online multiplayer, but will have online features
    Zelda fans looking for online multiplayer will be somewhat disappointed, according to our source. “Online multiplayer was never on the drawing board, they’re sticking with the tried and tested Zelda formula. It’ll have some online features like Miiverse and some sort of system where players can leave hints and help each other in the dungeons. That’s about it”.
    The online component is still very much on the drawing board, according to our insider. “As far as I know, none of this [online] stuff has begun development as of Summer 2012. It’s still on paper only and will probably be one of the last things they’ll add. It’s not a big priority for them. Unless they got some separate team elsewhere working on it”.

HD graphics, same visual style as Skyward Sword
    Nintendo are said to be very pleased with the art direction and visual style of Skyward Sword, and are continuing this look. Of course, it’ll be in full HD with much improved quality compared to what we saw on the Wii. “They’re using a new, state of the art engine that’s being built from ground up in parallel with the game. It’s got the most advanced visual features Nintendo has ever made, and includes a lot of third party tech like Havok for physics and rendering middleware from Umbra (which was recently confirmed for the Wii U)”.

He added, “The Wii U Zelda stuff you saw at E3 2011 was just a tech demo, nothing else. I’ve seen none of that in the real game. The tech demo was even made by an entirely different team with an older engine”.

“Most innovative game ever”
    The next Zelda won’t just use the GamePad, it’ll take it to a new level with never before seen features, showing just what’s possible. In fact, the game is said to have been influential to the design of the controller to begin with. “At least one of the hardware features added to the GamePad were solely implemented because the Zelda team figured out they could do something cool with it”.

The Zelda game was designed from ground up with the tablet controller in mind, “Zelda designers started sketching out concepts as soon as Nintendo decided to include a screen with the new console”, he said, adding, “everything in the game is built around the controller and its unique abilities. Every single feature in the controller is used to its full potential. Some of this stuff is still in early stages of development, but they’ve already implemented enough to show just what’s possible with the new controller. They showed some of this stuff to key third party devs behind closed doors last year to get them to realize the possibilities of the new tech.”

The Wii U Zelda game will redefine gaming with its features and innovation, and will offer things that only the Wii U can do. “It’ll have some revolutionizing gameplay. It has stuff that would never be possible on any other console, and it’s not just one cool feature, it’s one cool feature after another. Each dungeon will offer a different gameplay experience with the tablet controller. It’ll be the most innovative game ever, they got stuff that will be copied by others for years.”

So far, it looks like an epic Zelda game. Future Wii U owners definitely have something very special to look forward to. Even if we have to wait another two years for a chance to play it.

BG Level

Sounds awesome. Can not wait for it to come out.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I want to believe, but I'll believe it when I see. Ditch the WiiMote and go GamePad only.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    I want to believe, but I'll believe it when I see. Ditch the WiiMote and go GamePad only.
    pretty much agree the hardest part of skyward sword is angle styled cuts that are hard to get correct due to how you sit stand or the receiver just doesn't like you, none the less HELL YEAH LINKS BACK IN 2014 :D

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    Well tbh if they're building the game around the tablet pad wouldn't they have to ditch the wiimote? I hope they don't mean for players to jump back and forth.. I really wouldn't mind for the items to be used via the tablet screen somehow but hacking and slashing just utilizes the buttons.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kadaj View Post
    Well tbh if they're building the game around the tablet pad wouldn't they have to ditch the wiimote? I hope they don't mean for players to jump back and forth.. I really wouldn't mind for the items to be used via the tablet screen somehow but hacking and slashing just utilizes the buttons.
    Obviously the tablet will have motion controls. Have fun swinging around your tablet, while simultaneously using touch controls, and buttons.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Obviously the tablet will have motion controls. Have fun swinging around your tablet, while simultaneously using touch controls, and buttons.
    Ugh I can't imagine swinging the tablet around like the wiimote to stand in as a sword.. that doesn't make any sense. I really hope that isn't the case..

BG Level

hes just being dumb. seems he doesn't care for nintendo much.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm just sick of the gimmicks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm just sick of the gimmicks
    yeah, there's never been anything wrong with a control pad. No matter how precise they make the Wiimote/Plus, its never going to translate as accurately into gameplay as a regular gamepad. I hated having to swing the sword at certain angles in Skyward Sword. I'll still remain cautiously optimistic about this tablet.

Nintendo has great games and great characters despite their system lacking in power compared to the others this generation. Shouldn't need a gimmick to make sales.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

from yahoo:
    A fresh leak from a major distributor could finally pinpoint pricing and timing for the highly anticipated successor to the Nintendo Wii console.

By Christopher MacManus, CNET

We still don't officially know when the Wii U arrives or how much it costs, but a substantial rumor emerged today concerning Video Product Distributors -- a wholesale media distribution company that works with companies such as Amazon and Newegg -- supposedly listing on its intranet three Wii U bundles along with a November 11 release date.

Video Product Distributors and Nintendo did not immediately reply to CNET's request for comment.

The purported Wii U bundles, with prices of $249, $299, and $349, came with no real description whatsoever on VPD's site. Instead, the listings contained ambiguous text such as, "WIIU SYSTEM - GM - 11/11/12 $249.99," "WIIU SYSTEM W/ - GM - 11/11/12 $299.99," and "WIIU SYSTEM 349 W/ - GM - 11/11/12 $349.99."

The leaked information got an additional boost of sorts from a video made by someone with access to the private VPD intranet that clearly shows the Wii U product listings and price. Additionally, a screenshot shows the same Wii U listings. However, without any sort of official word, these listings could merely stand as placeholders based on speculation.

Naturally, Crave tapped CNET's gaming gurus for their input on the supposed Wii U information leak.

CNET editor Scott Stein noted he had a "strong feeling" about the bundles, and the $249 pricing "seems dead on." Meanwhile, CNET editor Jeff Bakalar believes the entry $249 bundle most likely contains the console with a bundled tablet and a copy of Nintendoland, while the further bundles may offer an additional tablet and Wii remotes. In rebuttal, CNET editor Dan Ackerman suggests that "I can't imagine adding a second controller and a Wiimote for only $50 more. N's gotta charge more like $70 or more for one of those tablets as a standalone, considering a standard wireless Xbox controller is still $50."

Our readers should keep an eye on CNET on September 13, as Nintendo plans to spill the beans at a major Wii U event in New York that should reveal more information.

So what do you think about the rumored Wii U bundles and release date? Do you think Nintendo may offer two Wii U tablets in a bundle, more Wii U nunchucks, or storage space with the higher-priced packages?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast