+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 111 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii U     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I believe you need the wiimote for Twilight Princess too. While it was ported from the GC version (with the world switched around), it was also meant to showcase some of the possibilities of the wiimote at launch. Off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure items like the bow require it. Skyward Sword definitely has more though -- with the whole slashing and seemingly every item needing the wiimotion+

As has been said though, both are good games. I'd recommend TP and then SS just so you have a gradual introduction of the wiimote stuff. That said, if it's possible, I'd recommend getting TP for the GC because I actually prefer that version.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I think I'll be going into Twilight Princess first then. It's a plus if I can use the WiiU remote also… I should be able to, no? Only Skyward Sword is the motion controlled one i think?
    You cannot play any wii games with the wii u controller or the gamepad

You need a wiimote the difference between skyward and Twilight is that the Motion + gives more 'accuracy' on Skyward

But for both game you need wiimote + nunchuck

And Twilight is a good idea just for the price

19.99 new for twilight while skyward is still 40$+

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Twilight Princess is definitely the better of the two when compared to Skyward Sword. I am kind of biased though, Twilight Princess is probably my favorite Zelda ever. >.> I liked the Gamecube version more, since I'm still not really a fan of motion controls, but the motion controls aren't too bad in Twilight Princess. You can kinda just flail the Wiimote for sword attacks which doesn't require too much effort. Skyward Sword requires much more precise movements with it for certain sword attacks and you actually need to hit certain enemies in certain ways to hurt them.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

I have not played Skyward. Looking to find it on Ebay for cheap.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    I have not played Skyward. Looking to find it on Ebay for cheap.
    Gl

I have a wii and a wii u, never bothered to try the physical discs in the wii u. Are you guys saying you can play Wii games on Wii U? I have the Wii U compatible motion controllers plus with nunchuck

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Yeah, on the touchpad I think it's like center icon (assuming you haven't rearranged them -- or assuming I haven't rearranged them..).

sweet thx, I liked Twilight Princess, but ditched Wii once I had Wii U and MH3U

BG Level

Once you are in the WII U menu you have to enter the wii menu like Serra said which is an icon on the 'desktop'

Which then makes you appear into the WII emulation mode sadly, you cannot execute directly from the WII U Menu (more loadings yay!)

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Twilight Princess is definitely the better of the two when compared to Skyward Sword. I am kind of biased though, Twilight Princess is probably my favorite Zelda ever. >.> I liked the Gamecube version more, since I'm still not really a fan of motion controls, but the motion controls aren't too bad in Twilight Princess. You can kinda just flail the Wiimote for sword attacks which doesn't require too much effort. Skyward Sword requires much more precise movements with it for certain sword attacks and you actually need to hit certain enemies in certain ways to hurt them.
    I disagree, but I like both. Skyward Sword is overall designed better and feels far better to play. TP felt bigger but the only real negative about Skyward Sword is bird flying controls (awful) and the "world map" if you can even call it that (the rest of the problems are present in every Zelda game). I remember trying to play the old Zelda games after SS and Jesus Christ is aiming fucking awful. They stream lined a lot of things and while I'm not a huge fan of motion controls they could work out the kinks to fix it (but they won't soooo) and make battles a lot more interesting. As someone who primarily enjoys fighting in games, SS felt clean and satisfying for the most part and especially in boss battles. I could never really get invested in a battle before because the controls were always awkward and slow.

Generally I felt TP was super boring apart from Midna, but that's coming off Wind Waker which is awesome.

Wii U

Potential cross-buy system news. Take with a grain of salt as the source is considered sketchy by GAF. However, a Nintendo direct was announced for tomorrow so who knows?

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=852391&page=1

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Version 5.1.0 adds Data Transferring between systems, manages to fuck up the concept
    Wii U to Wii U data transfers are available as of the version 5.1.0 system software, which is rolling out now. The transfer ports over users, Nintendo Network IDs, save data and downloaded content including games.

The source Wii U will be formatted, so it’s not ideal if you have multiple consoles around your house (or in your holiday homes, you bourgeoisie). But if you’re upgrading from a Wii U Basic to Deluxe – perhaps because you ran out of room on the smaller HDD – it could save you re-downloading all your games and losing your saves.

The update also adds a number of other useful features and such, including the ability for system updates to install when downloaded during standby.
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/07/22/you-...ii-u-consoles/
    http://en-americas-support.nintendo...._id/3070/p/431
    http://en-americas-support.nintendo...._id/9159/p/431

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I really wish that Nintendo would get over their fucking paranoia about users sharing their shit and having cross-platform access already.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    I really wish that Nintendo would get over their fucking paranoia about users sharing their shit and having cross-platform access already.
    Nintendo is always 2 steps behind when it comes to making sense for things.

BG Level

Doesn't it do the same thing for 3ds?

Like it format source 3ds after the transfer?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Nintendo reports a net quarterly loss of $96.9m, even though they sold 2.82m copies of MK8 & 510k WiiU's
    Nintendo continues to suffer decreasing profits, announcing a net quarterly loss of $96.9 million in today’s earning release.

Nintendo attributed much of their losses to operational costs, which totaled $91 million.

Total selling, general and administrative expenses including fixed expenses exceeded gross profit.
    This announcement comes in spite of Nintendo’s release of Mario Kart 8, which did well for itself, selling 2.82 million copies. The success of Mario Kart 8 also saw an increase in Wii U sales, which were at 510, 000 compared to 160, 000 in the same quarter in 2013.

Nintendo said that despite the success of Mario Kart 8, more hit titles were needed to bring people to the Wii U.
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/07/...-mario-kart-8/
    http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/

But they expect a $389m full year profit
    Mario Kart 8 for the Wii U has sold 2.82 million units since release in May, but it hasn’t helped Nintendo’s financial bottom line.

The company sold 510,000 Wii U consoles during the first quarter (April – June) of the financial year, but made an operating loss of 9.47 billion yen ($92.6m/£54.7m).

Total Wii U sales have now reached 6.68 million units.

Despite the big losses in the first quarter, Nintendo is still targeting a full-year profit of around 40 billion yen.
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/07/30/mari...l-loses-money/

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker delayed for EU
    European gamers will have to wait until next year to play Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, Nintendo announced today.

The announcement came during Nintendo’s financial report, although no reason was given for the delay.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is still set for release in the US and Japan in Q4 of this year, so it’s not clear why the European region has been singled out.
    http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/07/...ary-in-europe/

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

A shame really because I love my Wii U

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by vrumpt View Post
    A shame really because I love my Wii U
    then why havent you added me!

500k units sold in the first quarter isn't bad when you consider only 6.6ish units have sold worldwide. That's a hefty amount. I bought a WiiU last week and have been enjoying MK8. Doesn't hurt I also got Windwaker and Pikman 3 free

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Nintendo has been around long enough and is smart enough to know this turn-around won't happen in one quarter.

Yeah, the Wii U didn't start out hot - granted. But the pre E3 push is when they seemed to really put something together and they've carried it out until now. If they post a loss for the year then it may be time for them to worry and re-evaluate. But I don't see an issue with them losing that this quarter because the improvements are tangible and you can see they have stuff planned short and long term to finish the job.