+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 105 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    To be fair, he doesn't have to be as OP as in the comics. And i doing he wil be. I doubt he'll be able to run at light speed like in the comics.
    Flash will continue to do what he's done in the show so far, and what he's done in the comics: he will run at the speed of plot. Need to run fast enough to stop a tornado? Done. Need to run slow enough that mist-dude can punch you? Done. Need to vibrate fast enough you can't be recognized? Done. Later need a drama moment where someone gets a snapshot of the lower face? Done.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

This show is kinda reminding me now of smallville than of arrow.
    Even the blurry picture bit was taken straight from there.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    the show is ok, but atm it lacks a serious kickass female lead that can kick some butt/brains.
    oh shut up

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    Before this show, I didn't realize how OP The Flash was. Not a big comic book reader.

From what I looked up, He:
    *has super speed, can move extremely fast, hasnt been 100% confirmed but is faster than Superman
    *can heal quickly
    *can vibrate his molecules and pass through walls
    *can move so fast he can time travel
    *can think and read at the speed of light, perceive and react within an attosecond

the fuck? how do you lose ever?
    He is faster then Superman, and he can also move his arms so fast he can generate wind tunnels or even tornadoes.

The time travel stuff is rarely used because he doesn't have a huge amount of control over when he ends up, and he's been shown to have a poor understanding of the repercussions off altering the time line.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

^

that was something i was discussing with a friend, as well. just as smallville gimped the shit out of clark, theyll be forced to gimp barry, or goodness, shit is going to get hilariously bad real quick

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

although, i would like to see him pull some of the shit that he does in the comics

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Flash is probably the 2nd alpha hero in DC only behind Superman but usually isn't treated as such outside of the comic, or in some even. Especially not in the tv/animated series up till now. I really hope they start buffing him up to where he should be. It's completely cool for him to take some time to learn what he can do, but keeping him only fast will get boring I think.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I could do without the time traveling bit... But at least he knows he can move individual parts really fast, hopefully they'll show his wind tunnel arms at some point.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

did he need to eat energy bars in the comics too? Wind tunnel tornado arms could have fucked up mist guy lol.
    arrow has super thea now so its all good. maybe super laurel soon too?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The nature of his powers is quite a bit different in the comics. I'm not gonna try to explain how the Speed Force works but most versions of it don't involve an increased metabolism.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    That's the issue with a lot of DC characters. They're too OP for their own good. It's fkn stupid.
    DC never got rid of their "paste pot pete" characters in the 80s, instead they made them dark, edgy and OP. Marvel chose to give their dudes a more grounded backdrop.
    Even a C-list character like plasticman is immortal do to 40 years of power creep -> retcon cycles.
    The earth bound characters are also the cosmic characters, batman can take on the penguin ... or darkseid.
    The power creep on batman, flash and aquaman are good examples of small time dudes getting buffed to OP levels.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

As I said earlier, never read much into comics. I am asking these questions about the flash in general, not the one from the show.

Does he have increase strength? if not, does moving at the speed he does make things lighter? I ask because I am amazed at how he could just carry 200+ pound people AND run with them over pretty good distances.
    If things are lighter to him while moving fast, why has he never picked up a car, bus, airplane, etc?

Also, when he is "flashing" about at high speeds, is it like normal time passing by to us? Cool that you can circle the globe in 5? seconds, but wouldnt it suck for it to still seem like you ran around the world if time passes in your faster world the same as it would to a normal person? Would still seem like you just took a year to run around the world.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'll give the short versions to your answers.

He is not necessarily any stronger then a normal human, but he does have basically limitless endurance and never tires. So carrying around a person would be just like any other person picking them up, he just wouldn't be getting tired from it.

And Flash generally does have to slow himself down to interact with the rest of the world. He's made comments before that he hates the internet because it's "too slow" and when he gets aggravated he often starts talking too fast for any normal human to undersand him.

To actually understand comic version Flash's powers, I'd read up on the Speed Force (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_Force). Not that it will actually help and will likely just make you more confused.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Regarding eating, not many/any comics had this version of Flash that needed to eat more. However I think the Young Justice or JLA tv cartoon had kid flash or something like that who did eat protein bars to keep up in some episodes. It's probably just a case of them trying to put random logic into it to someone ground him without explaining the Speed Force at all yet. Not that anyone really can explain it so it makes sense.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

yeah, young justice had him eating to maintain all that metabolism. its logical, at least.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

yay felicity guest star, don't think i like the pairing tho, she should get with oilver.
    But jeez christ this show so hard to watch due to the stupidity.
    Run so fast but you don't disarm the normal guy with ease come on. Steal his gun tie him up with ropes then you can talk to him. But noooo, you move so fast you get zapped...

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by macross View Post
    yay felicity guest star, don't think i like the pairing tho, she should get with oilver.
    But jeez christ this show so hard to watch due to the stupidity.
    Run so fast but you don't disarm the normal guy with ease come on. Steal his gun tie him up with ropes then you can talk to him. But noooo, you move so fast you get zapped...
    So. sick. of. this. complaint.

How hard is it to realize that in TV shows like this, they can't just have the titular character be outright OP from the very start or there's no real need for the show other than to show how badass a character is? Like, yeah, it'd be cool to see Barry/Flash go light speed and wreck all of the villains, but they have to have things that hold them back, and that's why Barry can only go as fast as the plot allows him (Re: the guy he couldn't save)

It's just like Smallville. Everyone and their mother had their own supply of kryptonite, just the way it is. The more someone complains about it, the less they'll enjoy the show, honestly. Just sit back and try and enjoy it!

Also keep in mind how long he's been doing this super hero thing. He couldn't even fight coming into this, lol

and yeah, the eating thing is in some stories, so it's not unheard of.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yeah but, the bad guy walks away, normal NQ bad guy, no power no nothing, just a freeze gun. Why the fuck doesn't he break free of the ice then go pwn the guy... they just sit there and talk and laugh about it come the fuck on. The guy has his back turned, walking away all casual and non chalant lol seriously. Zoom zoom and take the gun and whisk him to jail. Punch him in the face, kick him in the balls too.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Relax people it's only what the fifth episode? Arrow didn't really get good until season two. Seems like every time I come in here someone's comparing the show to Smallville etc. Give it some time.

You should all compare it to the 1990s version...and then shut up.