+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Heart of the Swarm     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The thing that bothered me is how the sideplots all focused on the decision to believe in people or not. Isn't the ultimate build up then about whether or not Raynor believes Kerrigan can be saved? I think that's what needed to be played up, Raynor's resolve to kill Kerrigan. It's the other half of the inner character struggle with his desire to save her. We saw a little bit of it, but not nearly enough. I understand how they didn't want to put that choice in the hands of the player, unlike the other choices, since it determines the final outcome, but more than anything that's how the story missed the boat. You could make Raynor cynical all you wanted, except for Kerrigan. So it really took the thunder out of the inner conflict,

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The main plot point I didn't care for in WoL was Tycus. He was a cool character but really felt too inserted for me to believe he was going to really be a true ally to Raynor. Blizzard gave the two of them some extensive back history that is available in books (I think?) but without reading them I just didn't care about it.

Actually, there are quite a few plot points I didn't care for but most everyone else has covered them already. Still, I enjoyed the campaign and I'll replay it right before I start HotS, like a lot of people probably will.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Went and pre-ordered since I had some free time. No more beta keys availible shitty.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I don't get the hate for WoL story, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I mean sure some the side-missions were kind of lulzy, but I liked Tosh and Nova (of course I had read the first book about Nova so I had a little more of a connection with her). But the side-missions did play an aspect in the main plot, you are Jim Raynor and you're relying on volunteers and limited resources to battle the Dominion and there are certain things that had to be done in order to achieve that. I guess you can argue that certain side-missions were completely inane and could have been skipped over to present something more meaningful but tbh I was fine with most of them. You had to gather resources by essentially doing mercenary jobs, which is pretty much exactly where Brood War left Raynor: broke and without any allies.

As for the love interest between Kerrigan and Raynor... Did you guys play the same games as me? They definitely had a thing going in SC1, coupled with the fact that (iirc) the time between Kerrigan's introduction and then being abandoned was several months. There was plenty of time for them to develop a relationship and it was heavily hinted at between their flirting and Raynor's reaction to her being abandoned and then subsequent reaction to her becoming the Queen of Blades. Yeah his resolve to make her pay for her crimes melted away pretty quickly when he realized there was a chance to save her, but that was exactly what he had been hoping for all along. He even tried reasoning with her several times in Brood War to achieve that.

As for the comment on the $40 game/expansion... I can see the hate for that, I agree that they really should not have based the decision to put in less missions on the achievement points of accounts because that is the most retarded shit in the world. Especially considering how SC1 and Brood War are considered two of the best RTSs of all time and a major part of that was the campaign. Those campaigns still hold up to this day, I've played through them recently and taking off the nostalgia goggles, the story is still extremely compelling. I still greatly enjoyed the WoL campaign though and I don't particularly have a problem with the way they segmented their games, but they should have kept the same mission count or higher across subsequent entries. As far as pure content and re-playability, WoL has more than SC1 and Brood War combined.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

So I watched some replays today, and im saddened because I feel like the new units make terran and especially zerg so boring to watch. Any one else feel this way about it? I feel like the new expansion is taking a step back on the excitement level and it upsets me =(.

How do you pre-download heart of the swarm so that when it releases you can play it asap? I keep looking for it in my blizzard account but I don't see it. Has it been released for pre download yet?

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    So I watched some replays today, and im saddened because I feel like the new units make terran and especially zerg so boring to watch. Any one else feel this way about it? I feel like the new expansion is taking a step back on the excitement level and it upsets me =(.
    I haven't watched any, but I'm assuming as people come up with new strategies and crazy uses for the new units, this will change.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My body is ready, I can't pick it up till tomorrow, cause 6am PT test yay, I don't wanna be up all night. But Tuesday after work, ITS ON!

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Deciding how bad I want a physical copy. Id prefet to just download it at midnight.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Deciding how bad I want a physical copy. Id prefet to just download it at midnight.
    This is how to buy PC games in 2013, don't fret about a box and a CD unless you think you won't like it and might want to return it someday.

Is it not released for predownload yet?

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I prefer physical copies for keepsake.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I got myself the collectors edition. Non Digital. It comes with a lot more stuff then the Online version does. Besides, I needed a new mouse pad!

LazyShell
    BG Level

I also got a Collector's edition, largely because I got one for WoL as well and feel an obligation to keep that trend going to have all three sexy box sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikarya View Post
    I prefer physical copies for keepsake.
    Damn, haypro had such an clean and elegant signature lol.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    Is it not released for predownload yet?
    Havent checked yet. Will post when its available.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just bought digital deluxe version, and upon booting up SC2, it made me download a hugeass update. I'm pretty sure you download it the moment you purchased it online from battle.net, since I didn't have to download anything last night when I played multiplayer for the first time in a while.

If you bought it off battle.net and have logged in anytime between your purchase till now, then I'm sure you already have it preloaded and ready to roll when release comes around.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Nah, there was an update today. Optimization then an update. Maybe they threw it in there for pre-purchasers, but just throwing that out there.

edit: nevermind. just bought it online and it said next time I load the game it'll predownload everything. It didn't though, but I'm assuming I should give their system more then 11 seconds to update my info.

Wait so the pre downloaded started if you own it already?

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

You can play the game right now if you pre-downloaded.

Wow the decisions in the last game actually having a decent impact. MFW

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/profiles/icons...prised-guy.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast