Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Heart of the Swarm     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Blizzard store is le down :/ quelle surprise!
    on the bright side, seems back up.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

It was preloaded, so all you need to do is have your account have access to the expansion and youre good to go. They did this so smart, their servers only need to turn your hots purchase from a zero to a one and youre set.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Keeps telling me it's unable to download an authentication module when I start it (after download/install), google-fu failing me thus far. Anyone familiar with this one?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Does the launcher open at least? Theres a few download options you can mess with from the launcher.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

The problem seems to have been with peerblock, it is rather odd, since I allowed all known blizzard IPs, and it wasn't showing up as blocked at all. But killing peerblock worked like a charm. Odd.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Well... that should of been the first thing you killed when troubleshooting lol.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I didnt realize I preordered a physical copy off of amazon (was trying to get a beta key lol)

still not delivered qq

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Only 4 missions in but the story line is AMAZING!

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Really enjoying the 1p mode so far.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yea, its great and im only 3 missions in.

I dont see where previous choices carry over though, I think they went the "this is the 'correct' choice from wol so were going with it". From whats happened so far theres no way the one scene where a previous choice was alluded to could be any different.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Is this taking forever to install for anyone else?

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

No, you sure its not just optimizing? If thats the case I think you can close it and reopen if it lags out.

just got done with the rendezvous mission, was awesome to control all those zergs

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Anyone else feel like the Highlander?

I'm glad the story is good so far cuz single player is the only reason I bought this

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My opinion on the campaign, maybe spoilers:

Spoiler: show
    I felt the campaign was very very easy, but not because they did it poorly, but the streamlined process of playing zerg made it so. Not having to constantly inject along with having a hero with powerful ultimates made the last few missions manageable.

For me, the air version of WoL "All In" felt harder than HotS last mission by far. Without either psi machines of course.

Overall, good stuff.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

lol @ the ending. Pretty much the same leaked shit from over a year ago with some narration at the end.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I enjoyed the campaign mode, was a lot of fun. Story wise it was decent, nothing to amazing, nothing to bleh.

I was pretty confused at the end where she just floated away like Mary Poppins seemed really random, I'm also confused about the relationship between the three factions, Zeratul had the chance to kill had he wanted to when they meet, but instead influenced her to seek out the primal zerg to revert back to her Zerg origin to become the Primal Queen of Blades, if Zeratul would have been more fearful of the zerg taking over the universe I think he would have witheld the information which makes me want to assume that Zeratul's clan is more or less sided with it. I loved the cutscene with Kerragain against Nah'ru

I'm pretty pumped for LotV, very curious how they will close the trilogy or if they will leave it open to expand into the inevitable Starcraft 2 or release a 4th expansion to bring closer to the story, but with how big SC2 is with E-sports, the Xel'naga will most likely be in another castle, and then bring back the Overmind and give us a new Radio Free Zerg song

Is there any hidden missions in this campaign somewhere? I dont wanna miss them if there is one

edit: Also are there more armored units in the later missions than light missions? I'm wondering if I should get lurkers or impalers.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

@Link

I didn't get any secret missions, but I did miss the other half of the document while on the prison spaceship.

Also, yea, the last missions contain some rather heavy armored units, but for the most part it's a quite even in distribution. Honestly, either would work well for base defense since both do 20 damage base and the attack speed is quite fast.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast