The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Watching GSL today I saw someone hold up a sign with #notffxi. Is this something anyone here knows about? (It was Game 2 of Winners Match)

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/notffxi

Probably just a shout out.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Idra dropped from EG lol

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

just saw the craziest game i've ever seen at the proleague tournament:

http://sports.news.naver.com/videoCe...e=total&page=1

and i get to say i was there when it happened.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

KOREA ONLY

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

ahh my bad. they just posted it on youtube too so here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGIzi8UiUVc

best game i've ever seen it was insane.

LazyShell
    BG Level

I don't know that it was all that good of a game overall (Shine could have probably killed him 100x before it was over), but god damn if that wasn't a beautiful ending.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by geno View Post
    I don't know that it was all that good of a game overall (Shine could have probably killed him 100x before it was over), but god damn if that wasn't a beautiful ending.
    he probably could've A moved into those archons and won. i understand he wanted his mutas to regen but he threw the game

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

mutas definitely could have won a head-on fight. barely perhaps but he woulda done it. but yeah lotsa fun. you can't quite see it in the vid but the crowd was on their feet and cheering LOUD at the end. the tension in the room once the base race began was crazy. honestly as much as i love gaming and starcraft, i never would have guessed that i could get that invested into a professional starcraft match... but by the end, i was on the edge of my seat, and i was jumping up & down cheering once that extractor went down. lotsa fun.

oh i might note skt1 had lost like 3-4 matches in a row going back like 2-3 weeks, their first loss being a 4-3 loss to team liquid. this was (i believe) their first win in the tournament, at 4-1. so they were quite ecstatic. i started attending just cos i wanted to get boxer's autograph but now i'm really into this haha.

LazyShell
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    mutas definitely could have won a head-on fight. barely perhaps but he woulda done it. but yeah lotsa fun. you can't quite see it in the vid but the crowd was on their feet and cheering LOUD at the end. the tension in the room once the base race began was crazy. honestly as much as i love gaming and starcraft, i never would have guessed that i could get that invested into a professional starcraft match... but by the end, i was on the edge of my seat, and i was jumping up & down cheering once that extractor went down. lotsa fun.

oh i might note skt1 had lost like 3-4 matches in a row going back like 2-3 weeks, their first loss being a 4-3 loss to team liquid. this was (i believe) their first win in the tournament, at 4-1. so they were quite ecstatic. i started attending just cos i wanted to get boxer's autograph but now i'm really into this haha.
    Well, they are actually 2-1 for the round, so not quite so dire. In any case though, yeah I'm not surprised at all by the audience reaction. Bisu has a LOT of fans, and they've been waiting forever for him to do well in SC2. So to see him pull THAT off in such an exciting way (the colossus and obs usage at the end was just the most clever/awesome thing I think I've ever seen), it's no wonder they went crazy.

You picked a damn good match to go to live, lol. The only game I've seen that was closer/more exciting in it's finish was a BW one:

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Mmm old fashioned speedlot timing pushes.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

my all-time favorite starcraft game, and why i'm such a boxer fanboy:

oh and i still haven't gotten his autograph haha

LazyShell
    BG Level

This is probably my favorite Boxer game (game starts around 16:00 I think):

Not sure what my actual favorite starcraft game was, there have just been too many good ones.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

geez how in the hell did he win that... that was insane.

i saw a boxer highlight reel where there's a huge line of tanks and goliaths, and then out of nowhere almost all of them get locked down by ghosts, and then boxer's own goliaths and tanks come in and wipe them all out, do you know what game that's from?

what i find kinda amusing is that the broadcasters keep referring to the players as "sun soo" which is Korean for 'athlete'. "this athlete does this" "this athlete needs to do this" blah blah... that cracks me up for some reason.

LazyShell
    BG Level

I don't remember that specific game, but he has been known to be one of the few players to pull off some amazing lockdowns. For example:

I think this was the first professional game I'd ever seen actually. My brother somehow got a hold of the replay probably in the same year it happened and we watched it around then. This was soooo ridiculously early in the lifespan of the game still, no one was near as skilled as they got later, but it's still impressive in it's own light. At the time I had no idea where the replay came from or even that there was a professional scene, and didn't stumble upon it for another 5 years.

This one had the most clutch lockdown I'd ever seen. Around 21:50, but the whole game is really good and provides context.

Here's lockdown vs carriers as well. This is up there with his use against BCs as one of the more remembered moments from all of BW, at least when it comes to lockdown. It's kind of funny, despite how ridiculously good everyone else got by the end of the game, lockdown was still extremely infrequently used, and almost all of the crazy good plays with it were done by Boxer himself. The guy was definitely a legend.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

fun games but not what i was looking for. i'm looking for the game in the first clip in this highlight reel:

too bad boxer never quite transitioned his skills into sc2. ah well he's still my video game hero.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

skt1 just beat woogjin all-stars who are, by far, the highest ranked team in the proleague right now... +31 i think, as compared to skt1 which is +15, and kt rolster who is +18... have no idea what those numbers mean but yeah. very close 4-3 win.

especially considering that, not only had skt1 lost like its first 3-4 matches, but a few weeks ago woongjin had smacked them around with a 4-2 win... yeah boxer was pretty ecstatic.

i'll finally get to play through the HotS campaign in a few weeks, can't wait... though to be honest i was pretty underwhelmed by the WoL storyline.

and still no boxer autograph -.-

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

just watched sk1 lose to cj entus. it was pretty intense; cj won like 3 games in a row, i forget who the player was. so it was 0-3, then rain stepped up and won 3 for sk1 before losing the final game to hero in a pvp. i recall the first time i saw rain play he got smacked around in a pvp as well... seems to be his weakness. he completely owned the other three games though, he was great.

on the upside, finally got boxer's autograph.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Anyone else having problems with their wins not being recorded properly? Been playing 4v4 lately, and I've noticed that there are a lot of times where the game won't load the postgame report and the game won't show up in my match history. Then later when I check, it'll be recorded as a loss and when I go into the post game reports, the game says everyone is a zerg player. I've noticed those games don't cost me points, but would still like the wins and the points for winning..

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

some bold moves today that paid off big time. well played sirs. well played.

skt1 absolutely owned kt today. by far the most one-sided skt1 win i've seen so far. and rain is fast becoming my favorite active player.

humorous side note. apparently skt1 is sponsored by nike... so a multinational sportswear company felt that it gave them credibility to be endorsed by a bunch of computer nerds who sit on their arses playing video games all day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast