+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic/Gold farming spots     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Degenxerate

Magic/Gold farming spots

I found this spot that can be farmed without the best gear in the world. Although I think running something like Siegebreaker is probably over all better, that is just something I can't handle and I'm sure some other people can't really do it yet either. This place I have been using has paid off pretty well. I'm sure I'm not the first one but I haven't found much on it and I've had it to myself long enough. Its pretty cheap and unfortunately like most stuff in this game its not really Melee friendly.

You start in act 3 Inferno on either the very last quest "Kill Azmodan" or "the second heart"

Enter and go to the waypoint "Tower of the Cursed Level 1" (Make sure not "Tower of the Damned")

Now you can either run through level 1 if you are skilled enough or just kill your way through. Whatever you have to do. It can be tough sometimes.

Eventually you'll get to "Tower of the Cursed level 2". Here is where the fun begins.

There are Ledges on both sides of the starting platform (The one on the right is actually over the edge of the stairs) and what you want to do is pull elite and champion mob packs to the bottom of those ledges and just let them kill you. You will respawn right back at the top of the stairs and you can safely blast them from above. Sometimes you'll even get lucky and the Elite/champs will spawn at the bottom of the ledges and you wont have to drag them anywhere. Right before the kill shot put on Magic Find gear and let it rain Act3/4 Quality rares.

Here is a video I made of the run.

A few things to not that I didn't explain in the video and its causing a lot of hell in the comments....

1. When you leave the game and resume the game sometimes it will put you in town instead of on level 2. To fix this all you have to do it leave the game from town and resume and it should put you in the right place. If it doesn't then just leave and resume again. Eventually it will put you in that tower as long as you didn't get another check point.

2. Tower of the Cursed. (People keep going in damned)

3. No my gear is not 10 million gold worth of gear. I got my bow for 350k and everything else is like 50k or less. Anyone with a ranged class can do this. You will die. I Die. It doesn't matter you will still make money or get gear. I promise.

4. The run through Tower of the Cursed level 1 can be a huge bitch. Sometimes its super easy and sometimes its a huge pain in the ass. Once you get to the right zone it shouldn't matter any more.

5. The last thing I didn't mention that makes people cry "this got nerfed already" or "fixed" or whatever else people are spamming on the comments is sometimes when you reach Tower of the Cursed level 2 it will be an alternate zone. There are two different zones you can get when you go in and the other one is garbage. If you don't get the zone with the Harpies off the edge of the stairs immediately to the right then it's the wrong zone. Restart.

This place works for me I've got a ton of gear upgrades here and made well over 20 million gold (I spend it all on my Wizard not my Demon Hunter) I'm sure this place will be useless when the update comes out that makes ilvl63 gear drop in act 1 and 2 but for now its great. Just make sure you get those kill shots in full MF gear!

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Wait, rofl. You're Degen? Awesome. Yeah.. I figured the second zone for Tower of Cursed 2 was a randomized thing and yeah, when me and a buddy entered 2, then left.. it spit us back in town so I'll try that trick. Appreciate it a ton. I'm Katsumara from youtube btw

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

>_> if only you could perform the elite/champ kills like this on Barb and Monk lol. Great vid by the way will pass this along to my friend who plays sorc.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    >_> if only you could perform the elite/champ kills like this on Barb and Monk lol. Great vid by the way will pass this along to my friend who plays sorc.
    With a throwing build you can probably do it on barb. Hell if you have space for leap you can probably do it without even dying.

tol

You can't leap back up to the top from there.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

You can "moat" (that's the term for this) in tower of the cursed level 1 as well as that specific instance of level 2.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

LOL i just posted a comment on that video. the checkpoint thing doesn't work for me somehow no matter how many times i try.

does the progression within the quest matter?

i pick "Kill Azmodan" in the heart of sin and then wp to tower of cursed 1. and work my way down (which is kinda tedious).. but its not setting my check point.. hmmm

edit: one huge PITA in lv1 is there is a usually a high chance of a champ pack at the START of the floor, which can screw most people over

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slott View Post
    You can "moat" (that's the term for this) in tower of the cursed level 1 as well as that specific instance of level 2.
    gotta be careful with teleporters tho.. i've had them join me from below after i kited them into that corner... >_<

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

you should just start at 2nd heart so you can pick up cydea on the way. it's at least 2-3 rares you're missing out on and it's a simple fight.

Degenxerate

Quote Originally Posted by Slott View Post
    Yup that 100% works. I've done it. The Level 2 on the map just seems a lot easier since you don't have to train guys as far and there are two places to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    LOL i just posted a comment on that video. the checkpoint thing doesn't work for me somehow no matter how many times i try.

does the progression within the quest matter?

i pick "Kill Azmodan" in the heart of sin and then wp to tower of cursed 1. and work my way down (which is kinda tedious).. but its not setting my check point.. hmmm

Yeah getting through Tower level 1 can be a huge bitch I can give you the check point if you want to make it easy. The thing is for that specific zone its buggy. It wont always say you got the checkpoint but it WILL give it to you. The starting in town thing I have no idea why that happens but it always has for this zone.
    The only thing you have to make sure of is you start the quest fresh and you haven't got any other checkpoints at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    gotta be careful with teleporters tho.. i've had them join me from below after i kited them into that corner... >_<
    Teleporters can teleport up the ledges if you stand too close. If you are on the stairs fighting on the right side make sure you are as high on the stairs as you can that should range them and they wont teleport up. For the left side if you stand in the middle of the walkway and not at the top or bottom indents you should also range them there and they wont teleport up.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I have trouble getting through level1 on my undergeared WD, maybe i'll try it later on my DH.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

o lol. it works for me now.

i did "kill azmodan", took wp to 1, i also took a checkpoint in cursed lv1 (ran up the stairs).. and later got a checkpoint in lv2. game loads back in the tower every single time.

...teleporters do come if they're too close but so far i've had not much problems when i keep a distance and just deploy a venom hydra. that thing really does good damage considering they don't move. i just started on an mf set. im at 120% which isnt so bad. being able to get NV definitely helps tho.

thx for this. i'm gonna make the most of it before it gets nerfed. really need the gold. broke from (mostly corpse) running act 3 to get to this point lol

i love your wiz vids btw. and your voice

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

It's hard to stop moating, and there are spots to do this in nearly every act.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I used to do 5 NV Azmodan runs but I've found it far more efficient to just kill whatever elites are in the Arreat Core then Azmodan himself. The map is static, plenty of room to kite, and there's always 1-3 elites. If you get bad affixes, just ignore them if possible or re-roll the game. Also, use the hell land mines to your advantage for fast or annoying packs- so damn useful. I don't always get rares from Azmodan doing this but the elites usually pay out quite well and it's just so easy and fast when the elites are succubi or stygian crawlers. Also, the map is always static so there's no time lost navigating. Tower is also great, but I've gotten tonnes of high dps blues (1+ mil) just because Azmodan has a lot of drops irregardless of NV.

DH, 75k un-SS'd DPS, and about 190% base MF. Your results may vary with other classes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

you know i had been doing 5 NV azmo runs for a while now and i was JUST thinking maybe trying arreat core only. good point about the blues.

should be added though that it's easy to jump around in the bridge zones to see if there's a pack waiting there. that way you can potentially get a 5 stack going into azmodan.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

gonna stick to this lv2 for now. i think im still not properly geared for azmodan because i don't kill him fast enough and hells grasp is a pita to avoid as a wizard.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Is it worth just killing siegebreaker without any NV? I can farm act 1 really easly with 5nv butcher (still nothing good though) but act 3 murders me. I can kill sb though. And I have tried getting to tower of the cursed 2, but always run into something I can't pass... Maybe if I go slow rather than runnin though... Dunno!

So, of the 3, which should I farm/Try to farm?

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

SB will still have better drops even wihout NV, go for it.

Degenxerate

Siegbreaker will have better drops than the Butcher but without any NV it will be really hard to ever seen any rares drop off him unless you can switch to a ton of MF gear before the kill shot. After V1.0.3 comes out the Butcher will be able to drop up to ilvl63 gear which is the highest in the game. Even though it will be a lower rate it will be so easy that it will probably be a lot better.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

The thing is though, without NV, he can still get top tier blues off of SB where blues or yellows from butcher will typically be shitty and hard to sell if not unsellable. He'll at least have the chance to get a 1k dps weapon drop or something. Given his other options mentioned, until the patch his best bet is probably NV-less SB.

After the patch though you are absolutely right, nothing will be as beneficial as farming butcher for him until he can get NV for act3.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast