Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: New Recipes (6/13/12)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Friend bought an adaman kilij when he was @ 75 blu for levelling, I saw the sale and asked if he wanted it upgraded, got nq killer's kilij and he says the intimidate seems to be 5%, consistent with the old killer swords.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

The new Medallions are 106, unfortunately. Looks like I'll be back to Tier 0ing my way through a few levels.

Oh yeah, don't kill me. Spoilered for rage, etc.:
    Spoiler: show

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Congrats, no rage here, it all evens out in the end when you eventually hit a cold streak of 0/12 lol

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

109 to 110 Woodworking is doing just this . 109.8 - 109.9 took me 10 synths and here I sit waiting for Lancewood Logs to appear on the AH.

I did good up to 109.2 and then it's been 5-10 synths per skillup.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Funkworkz View Post
    Bonecraft
    Dux Visor
    101-104 Bonecraft

Earth Crystal
    Dragon Scales
    Turtle Shell
    Hahava's Mail
    Squamous Hide
    Got "cannot be synthesized" trying that for Dux Visor, triple-checked. Got NPC to give me the recipe, ingredients are right but it's a wind crystal. BG-wiki is also saying earth.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    The new Medallions are 106, unfortunately. Looks like I'll be back to Tier 0ing my way through a few levels.

Oh yeah, don't kill me. Spoilered for rage, etc.:
    Spoiler: show
    im rage over those skill ups i think im .4 outa 28 skillup synths ><

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Dux Scale Mail should be narrowed down to 106-107 unless I'm missing a factor. See amazing crafts thread. TL;DR HQ'd it @ 100 skill + 4 in gear + advanced support. This was on lightsday and facing NQ direction (also about 50% moon) just trying not to break the damn thing, I know those are each +'s to success but they don't make an hq possible underskilled right? If not, then yeah 106-107 max.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

im currency 105.4 and have been skilling up on them yet to hq any i usally have good luck on +1 shit made 3 pairs of gloves while selling in about 3/18 synths but yeah ill let u know asap! if i get too 106 before anyone

(needs more rmt chocobo diggers to put more shells on the ah)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

thanks for the dux visor and mail info. I'll do some wiki updating when I get home.

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Switchorz View Post
    109 to 110 Woodworking is doing just this . 109.8 - 109.9 took me 10 synths and here I sit waiting for Lancewood Logs to appear on the AH.

I did good up to 109.2 and then it's been 5-10 synths per skillup.
    What did you skill up on past 105? Cuz i had thought that was the cap for the isula sideboards. please don't say planus tables. . . .

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Fiendishone View Post
    What did you skill up on past 105? Cuz i had thought that was the cap for the isula sideboards. please don't say planus tables. . . .
    I painfully did Flete Poles from 104-108. That was before Isula and Planus was added. I did Planus Tables up to 110 and the last .2 took almost 20 synths .

As far as Isula Sideboards, this is what I get from the NPC:

thalassocrat106
    Isula sideboards 106-107
    flete pole 108

It's after Thala and before Flete. I'll double check but I think it caps at 106-107. Odd thing after hitting 110 is Nathushne and Planus show up on the list like it's capped but the other two NPCs still give it to me.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

If they don't have anything above your level, they just give you the max level synths. It means they're both 110.

Also, we already had a 103-106 range for Sideboards. If you're saying they're 106-107, then they're 106.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

the best way to get Turtle shells is from Excavating in Abyssea - Tahrongi or normal one (I didn't try the later) north west at E-5 , about 3-4% drop rate (small sample size though - complete HELM set including rare/ex), I had a digging chocobo before and I used to get 2-9 shells per run (A25, using digging endurance body piece) and it's horrible and annoying to get from digging, from Excavating in the other hand is much easier and faster (about 9 nodes in a very small area that refresh within 5-20 secs..), plus you can make a little money from NPC'ing Flocon-de-mer (2,700g, the rest are junk).

dragon scales in the other hand...#$%@#%$!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmmm that's pretty good to know. What are these ra/ex helm peices though?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Firld rope/torque

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11769/field-rope
    http://www.ffxiah.com/item/10926/field-torque

I lucked on the rope when i was exp'ing in Wadi, torque took about 2-3 hours with bastok box mastery buff (farm any mob you want, these items appear in any brown box), I can't say i noticed a difference with these new gear, it's been like 2-3 years since I mined, back when Khroma was the shit...

got about 10 turtle shells in an hour, 5 stacks of pickaxes used.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah so not even gunna bother... I'm like 20 hours into getting my fishing torque and nothing

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Flanteus View Post
    the best way to get Turtle shells is from Excavating in Abyssea - Tahrongi or normal one (I didn't try the later) north west at E-5 , about 3-4% drop rate (small sample size though - complete HELM set including rare/ex), I had a digging chocobo before and I used to get 2-9 shells per run (A25, using digging endurance body piece) and it's horrible and annoying to get from digging, from Excavating in the other hand is much easier and faster (about 9 nodes in a very small area that refresh within 5-20 secs..), plus you can make a little money from NPC'ing Flocon-de-mer (2,700g, the rest are junk).

dragon scales in the other hand...#$%@#%$!

cant say i have had the same luck mind u i dont have the field neck and waist but its been about 2hours and only 2 shells also the points dont like to repop in the same spot here on my server ive had to teleport and run to the other spots by chocobo think ill stick to the horriable desynth rate and buying them off the ah( which appear to be from rmt chocobo diggers lol)

edit: oh this was in normal tahrongi maybe ill try abyssea and see how it goes

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jakiss View Post
    cant say i have had the same luck mind u i dont have the field neck and waist but its been about 2hours and only 2 shells also the points dont like to repop in the same spot here on my server ive had to teleport and run to the other spots by chocobo think ill stick to the horriable desynth rate and buying them off the ah( which appear to be from rmt chocobo diggers lol)

edit: oh this was in normal tahrongi maybe ill try abyssea and see how it goes
    oh, then definitely try abyssea! it's nothing like you mentioned (but then again i only used that spot a few times for hardened bones and turtle shells, could be insane luck...)

Yeah so not even gunna bother... I'm like 20 hours into getting my fishing torque and nothing
    haha same, I'm not gonna fall for the same trap, windy box mastery or else i'll pass.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I'll try today as it's the major sticking point. I saw like 3 stacks of scales the other day and someone unloaded about 14 mails yesterday at once so just really need the shells

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast