1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 10 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 23 hours, 1 minutes
Closed Thread
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Haomarush

General discussion about FF14 from new member

So what's the state of the game nowadays?

I played once during the beta a long time ago but my buddy has been telling me all these great things that have changed and I still don't know any of them.

Any advice for a newbie ff14'er?

some random moderator closed my last thread so had to make this one more specific since he couldn't use his brain.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

You are slap ass retarded.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by altwight View Post
    So what's the state of the game nowadays?

I played once during the beta a long time ago but my buddy has been telling me all these great things that have changed and I still don't know any of them.

Any advice for a newbie ff14'er?

some random moderator closed my last thread so had to make this one more specific since he couldn't use his brain.
    This post is better suited for the random question thread, that's probably why it got locked.

Anyway, The state of the game at the moment is incredibly playable. There's been so many changes and additions comparing launch to today would be like comparing a freight train to oranges. The lodestone has all the patch notes so take an hour or two and get caught up.

As for advice, just like with XI if you have level capped friends it makes your life a lot easier. Other than that just use your best judgement.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by altwight View Post
    When the mod specifically says ...
    Random question in the random question thread...
    ... and you make your second thread elsewhere, I believe it is you who couldn't use your brain. The thread you are looking for is here: FFXIV 2.0 Random Speculation/Question Thread XII: Incoming Beta Phase 6

Also, vague question is vague, and if you want a decent answer, it's probably better to ask more specific questions.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ignoring the fact that it's altwight, I think we actually need a thread for returning players. How many times do we answer the same questions in the RQT daily about "how is the game now? what classes are good right now? should I play or wait for 2.0" etc. Agreed he needs to ask more poignant questions, but I don't think it would be terrible to have a thread as a resource for new and returning players to check much like the FFXI forum has.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I agree with you taco, however altwight should probably just be perma-banned from BG, IMO. Hey Sonoma, I got 20$ to the website to make it happen.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

General state of the game is, get the fuck out.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

inb4thelock

Also, read Raldo's post. Learn.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Are you fucking serious...? A minute after I close the thread, you open a new one?

Think of what this section would look like if there was a new "Planning on returning to the game. Whats new?" thread every other day. It would drown out all the other useful threads.. However, Taco does brings up a good point. I'll probably make a new stickied thread just for that but even then people still won't read.

Your question was answered. Don't do this shit again.