Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    here is another question i have.
    do we as "gamer's" want companies to water down their games?
    we already see what they did to accommodate the "casuals"
    Basically this boils down to "Do we want every company to be Nintendo?" and to that I say fuck no.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Agreed, we shouldn't be welcoming girl gamer values with open arms because they are fucking garbage.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It doesn't have to be all or nothing. Genres of games are targeted towards people with specific games in taste. I'm not quite sure I fully understand what you're asking. Are you asking if we need them to be easier? Shorter? All of them like Farmville or Angry Birds? Animal Crossing and the Sims are great, incredibly simplistic games and I would be sad to see them go away. I would also be sad to see the Elder Scrolls, Modern Brofares, and Final Fantasies go away which are much more of a core audience game.

*edited*
    I meant I'm not quite sure.

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I dunno man; I'm no hardcore feminist, but sometimes I wanna see a chick clad in full armor... you know... full armor. Not some midriff-baring, thigh-exposing flesh-fest that I'm just supposed to believe can magically shrug off blows.

Just put on more fabric and give us the choice to throw it off if we want to - for both sexes. Sometimes you want a shirtless barbarian with good defense, and sometimes you want a barbarian that was cross-bred with a steel factory. Same with chicks.

That being said, I play a female Castanic in TERA. Haters gonna hate.
    Hilariously enough, thats why I DON'T play Castanic. The old joke in D&D is that the less armor you have on, the higher the Def, but Tera takes that and runs with it til it hits terminal velocity. Its funny for a bit but then its like..."Wait, theres 60 levels of string metal bikinis? REALLY?!...yeah no"

Assuming that only 1 side of the paradigm is just fine never cuts it.

Also:

http://images.wikia.com/pathfinder/i.../24/Seelah.jpghttp://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2...7tao1_1280.jpghttp://static.plaync.co.kr/powerbook...78e1b39b41.jpg

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny View Post
    here is another question i have.
    do we as "gamer's" want companies to water down their games?
    we already see what they did to accommodate the "casuals"
    What does this have to do with the female-hostile environment created by the presence of stripperrific booth babes at E3, or folks screaming 'RAPE RAPE RAPE' into my headset while I play TF2?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    What does this have to do with the female-hostile environment created by the presence of stripperrific booth babes at E3, or folks screaming 'RAPE RAPE RAPE' into my headset while I play TF2?
    There's nothing female-hostile about hot chicks wearing hot clothes.
    They weren't forced!

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    They weren't forced!
    They probably made more on three days at E3 than I will at my job this whole month

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Basically this boils down to "Do we want every company to be Nintendo?" and to that I say fuck no.
    Nintendo, and some others do a great job of making games that everyone can enjoy. Many others however, focus on the male demographic. Almost no one makes games intended just for girls because that shit don't sell.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

They weren't forced!
    Not hostile for the booth babes. Hostile for the other women in attendance. Read, nigga.

Quote Originally Posted by TFA
    “I dread heading off to work at E3 today, the show is a constant assault on the female self esteem no matter which direction I look,” game designer Brenda Garno Brathwaite said on Twitter. “I feel uncomfortable. It’s as if I walked into a strip club without intending to.” She’s not alone, other women I spoke to at the show, whether they be press or industry professionals, complained about the pro-male environment and reliance on sex appeal to sell products.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Not hostile for the booth babes. Hostile for the other women in attendance. Read, nigga.
    In defense that excerpt is kind of stupid now that I focus on it, if you're a successful game designer but your self-esteem is 'assaulted' by women with fitter bodies that's on you, not them.

Not in any way validating the use of booth babes or saying they aren't sexist, I dislike blatant fan service as a sales pitch and agree that they are, but ffs (wo)man up and don't get butthurt because someone prettier than you is on display.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So... you're saying hot chicks are female-hostile?

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Would more half naked male booth babes make the chicks with low self esteem feel better? That way they can hover hand those dudes.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    In defense that excerpt is kind of stupid now that I focus on it, if you're a successful game designer but your self-esteem is 'assaulted' by women with fitter bodies that's on you, not them.
    Fair but I think her studio is a wee bit too small to call her 'successful.' The studio does make super-violent facebook games so I'm sure they're also guilty of not really appealing to underserved demographics. But I feel there's still some validity in questioning the extent of the female-hostile environment perpetuated at every E3. The latter half of the quote is a bummer. These women are there to get work done (i.e. they have no choice but to be at E3) and the very industry they've worked their whole lives to participate in still prioritizes the display of tits in front of the aforementioned hard work.

So... you're saying hot chicks are female-hostile?
    Charismatic
    Too high to understand english

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I dunno man; I'm no hardcore feminist, but sometimes I wanna see a chick clad in full armor... you know... full armor. Not some midriff-baring, thigh-exposing flesh-fest that I'm just supposed to believe can magically shrug off blows.
    ^5

I prefer playing female characters in MMOs simply because I spent 7 years staring at a galka's ass and found that a miqo'te's tail is far more pleasant.
    That being said, I want them to be pure fucking badass. I want the big, gnarly, "do no fuck with me," armor. That shit is hot. Not like they couldn't leave some skimpy stuff in there. Some useful stuff and some random town gear. And of course, .dat swaps are always there for PC users.

Edit: I was going to say how odd it was that gaming hadn't caught up with film and other forms of entertainment, then I realized that it not only has, but gaming actually seems to be ahead of the curb if you compare it to popular films and television shows. Well, in the US at least.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Charismatic
    Too high to understand english
    No, that's pretty much all it could be saying.
    Apparently they feel like they are in some sorta strip club, the only thing that could be making them feel that way is the hot chicks.

Therefore, a bunch of hot chicks makes an environment female-hostile.
    (It really just all reeks of jealousy to me)

I just want to know if you actually believe it or just want to quote it.

EDIT: If anything, it should be considered male-hostile since the other females are clearly not the target of this attack on our sensibilities. That they get caught in the crossfire is an unfortunate side-effect induced by their own (hot) woman-hating nature.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Therefore, a bunch of hot chicks makes an environment female-hostile.
    (It really just all reeks of jealousy to me)
    I'm not sure how to even respond to that.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

That they get caught in the crossfire is an unfortunate side-effect induced by their own shallowness, vanity, jealousy, and willingness to complain about everything imaginable.
    More like this.

If something is fucked up and truly sexist then it should be brought up. This gamer girl anti-sexist thing however will have no Rosa Parks figureheads.

Out of curiousity what do the people who have a problem with all this think should be done about "booth babes" at E3?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I just want to know if you actually believe it or just want to quote it.
    You should really read the article, it is not just a product of the presence of booth babes.

There was a Family Guy display near one of the halls at E3, proudly brought to you by IGN, where the presenter barked sexual comments at women as they passed by.
    It's worth questioning how bad it was, because if the above is not an exaggeration it's fucking unacceptable.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

real-life analogy: My boss is like, legitimately a hot fucking dude. He's three months younger than I am, looks like a clone of young John Stamos, is rich, in great shape, well-educated, drives a Mercedes, and dresses well. If I let the fact that he is leagues above me in terms if attractiveness affect my self-esteem so that I don't have my regular swagger when dealing with the two extremely attractive females in the office that he's likely nailing one or both of, or even worse, to where it affected my ability to do my job, that is all on me for being bitch-made.

I think booth babes are certainly sexist in how they objectify women, but I think Chari is on point that both 1) them a bloo blooing about it as 'hostile' sounds overwhelmingly jalous and 2) if anything we as men should be offended at the notion that we're so dumb that the difference between us purchasing something or not is simply showing us a chick in a bikini, it's like the sales equivalent of the drawing a giraffe on a test thing.

If anything the women should feel empowered by being smart enough to have a tech job and not being reduced to having to expose themselves to sweaty nerdlingers for money like the booth girls do.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Assuming that booth babes have some sort of financial purpose (butter up dudes looking to get hyped about games) - then basically we're asking companies to lose money so they don't offend some women - women who, depending on the game, may be less than 10% of that game's demographic.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 294 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast