Closed Thread
Page 7 of 294 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Feminism Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Oh, so you were just full of shit and making things up. Got it.

'Not helping' in no way equals hurting. Those are two different things. And you making up whining as weak is just pulling shit out of your ass. You completely made up your own argument in place of his post and got offended at it, then tried the whole not even mad shit.

Try arguing with what people actually say, instead of what you think they might have meant.

Celeste

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    You are clearly the expert on cultural taboos(IE: ratting someone out, whining, complaining), so I will relent and tip my hat to you, sir. Good day. I am out of the discussion.

Spoiler: show

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You made up an argument that was happening and got mad at it lol. Everyone in the past 2 pages has sad you're not making any sense. Lets throw out some funny faces though, that'll change everyone's mind.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Celeste
    WHAT THE FUCK, BRO? Why not be sincere and just say that women are weak and aren't the equals of men because of it? It's just shit like this...man.. We should be better than this as a civilization.
    The kitchen. Go back to it.

Srsly, save some straw, you might need it in the winter (it is coming).
    I agree, sexism exists (who wouldn't agree to that statement, especially given that you didn't include a geographical location?) and gender equality is an important goal to achieve.

Women blocked from some career paths? Major issue.
    Women being paid less than men for equal work? Major issue.
    Butts being pinched? Issue.
    Sexist comments in online games? Issue.
    Fanservice and booth babes? Tissue*.

How that equates to "WOMYN R WEAK", I know not.

*sorry.

Edit: i hate to use the word "whining" or accuse annoying of complaining, but come on, 5+ pages about booth babes? Major sandy vag.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmada View Post
    Edit: i hate to use the word "whining" or accuse annoying of complaining, but come on, 5+ pages about booth babes? Major sandy vag.
    I keep clicking this thread hoping for booth babe pictures.

I am disappoint.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

When someone says that men are objectified too, and use men with rippling muscles and a six pack as an example, are they sure those images are sexualized for women and not just vessels through which men view themselves? Sometimes i get the feeling straight men don't actually know what the objectification of men is supposed to look like.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    When someone says that men are objectified too, and use men with rippling muscles and a six pack as an example, are they sure those images are sexualized for women and not just vessels through which men view themselves? Sometimes i get the feeling straight men don't actually know what the objectification of men is supposed to look like.

Spoiler: show
    but that's honestly a fair point. I think the problem with that though, is that the majority of men won't give a shit (and might actually enjoy) being objectified by women.

I get what you mean, but at the same time this sounds like it starts to get into the foggy cloud of personal preferences category.

Not all men are 'sexualized' by booth babes types either (skinny/petite/make-up heavy or whatever). But, in general, it tends to be a pretty good bet to make; and I'd wager the same applies for using fit male models.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

http://mostlyfilm.files.wordpress.co...pg?w=225&h=340
    ?

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

But let's be real here, most gamer nerds don't have the self-confidence to actually objectify a beautiful booth babe at a conference - they're so pathetic that they just want that pretty girl over there to talk to them and validate their existence.

BG Level

If we use a loose definition of objectification, then all models are objectified. If we restrict it to a sexual context, then where and how the models are used starts being important. For example, a male model being used to sell underwear to men, as opposed to a male model being used as sexual bait to get women to buy things. Perhaps because of the nature of how female sexuality exists right now, it's hard to objectify men. It's rare to see commercials using scantily clad men to sell stuff to women, in fact, it's more likely that women models would be used to sell stuff to women.

Selling stuff to gay men and bisexuals is another matter entirely though.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    Ryan Gosling is so boring now that women like him. It's all gentleman this, or sensible guy that. W/e

Call me when he's shoving dicks down his gullet

If we use a loose definition of objectification, then all models are objectified. If we restrict it to a sexual context, then where and how the models are used starts being important. For example, a male model being used to sell underwear to men, as opposed to a male model being used as sexual bait to get women to buy things. Perhaps because of the nature of how female sexuality exists right now, it's hard to objectify men. It's rare to see commercials using scantily clad men to sell stuff to women, in fact, it's more likely that women models would be used to sell stuff to women.

Selling stuff to gay men and bisexuals is another matter entirely though.
    All I can think of is this video:

Though, yeah, it is pretty uncommon. I think.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Haha, I just heard about that commercial yesterday because one million moms is boycotting liquid plumber lol.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin View Post
    All I can think of is this video:

Though, yeah, it is pretty uncommon. I think.
    Now that's what i call progress. Although compared to commercials for men, it's pretty tame.

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    But let's be real here, most gamer nerds don't have the self-confidence to actually objectify a beautiful booth babe at a conference - they're so pathetic that they just want that pretty girl over there to talk to them and validate their existence.
    I have a good friend who's had a booth at PAX and PAX East in the last year, and his wife (who goes with him to these things and could be a booth babe if she wanted to) explained how awkward the whole interaction was. She had a hard time getting two words out of passersby, and she was in business-casual clothes the whole time. She said the booth babes stood around looking bored and uncomfortable carrying trays full of energy drinks because no one would approach them.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Sounds pretty typical for a room full of gamers, executives who aren't rich/famous/douchey enough to buy immunity, and journalists.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Sounds extremely typical. Should have sent the booth babes to jersey shore or something if they wanted people to actually approach them. Most neckbeards can't get out of their chair, let alone speak to a woman who isn't working the drive-through line at the local taco bell.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

It's rare to see commercials using scantily clad men to sell stuff to women, in fact, it's more likely that women models would be used to sell stuff to women.
    makes me wonder which came first the chicken or the egg kind of thing. There is the stereotype/trend that guys don't look at other guys and say "he's hot" but girls can/will judge other girls. I think women tend to be rather competitive about other women's looks, which is probably why showing a hot girl is a better seller for woman than a hot guy in a commercial. Though I don't know if that's because women are like that or commercials taught us to be that way.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Maybe its just that women think unnecessary, destructive things too often? I mean guys think unnecessary things all the time, but ours aren't self-destructive. We see a dude that looks great and are like "I should get back to the gym" or "man he probably pounds that pussy", but that's as far as it goes. We don't get jealous, we don't get catty, we don't start crying and flipping out and worrying that we're not good enough.

I don't know if that can be changed. Is it biological, instinctual, or is socially-manufactured and accepted because that's just the way its always been?

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 294 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast