Closed Thread
Page 8 of 294 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Feminism Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I dunno man; I'm no hardcore feminist, but sometimes I wanna see a chick clad in full armor... you know... full armor. Not some midriff-baring, thigh-exposing flesh-fest that I'm just supposed to believe can magically shrug off blows.

Just put on more fabric and give us the choice to throw it off if we want to - for both sexes. Sometimes you want a shirtless barbarian with good defense, and sometimes you want a barbarian that was cross-bred with a steel factory. Same with chicks.

That being said, I play a female Castanic in TERA. Haters gonna hate.
    http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/u...me_hunters.jpg

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Yes, Samus counts, but since day 1 of Samus, she's shown skin if you're skilled. I mean, she counts, but she kinda counts both ways.

Strong woman, yes, but a strong woman who poses in a bikini for the male audience if you're fast. She's not posing for the lady gamers, is she?

Plus, there's Zero Suit Samus. Take what you will from that.

Edit: Oh, lets not forget the whine-fest she put out in the newest game. She was perfect in Metroid Fusion; a good mix of Samus' thoughts but still her good, cold, stoic killing.

BG Level

Wearing very little under a massive suit kinda makes sense actually. You'd be dying of heat otherwise. I always took it as that was just what she wore underneath. If it was dude he'd probably be dressed in a wife beater and a speedo... I mean, I know Robert Downy Jr wears full Armani suits and shit underneath his, but really, that shit would be hot as hell.

I never played any Metroid past SNES so I can't comment past that.

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Maybe its just that women think unnecessary, destructive things too often? I mean guys think unnecessary things all the time, but ours aren't self-destructive. We see a dude that looks great and are like "I should get back to the gym" or "man he probably pounds that pussy", but that's as far as it goes. We don't get jealous, we don't get catty, we don't start crying and flipping out and worrying that we're not good enough.

I don't know if that can be changed. Is it biological, instinctual, or is socially-manufactured and accepted because that's just the way its always been?
    That's just incorrect anyway you slice it. Men get just as insecure and jealous as women, maybe even more and try to push it off onto other people as their faults. It's definitely socially-manufactured just like blonde hair, blue eyes with tight bodies is considered the hottest of the hottest, in America at least.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Milkster View Post
    That's just incorrect anyway you slice it. Men get just as insecure and jealous as women
    We do?
    Well... shit, thanks for telling me.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

That's just incorrect anyway you slice it. Men get just as insecure and jealous as women, maybe even more and try to push it off onto other people as their faults. It's definitely socially-manufactured just like blonde hair, blue eyes with tight bodies is considered the hottest of the hottest, in America at least.
    No, we don't. Not like women do, anyway. I've never tried to sabatoge one of my friends because he got a piece of ass that I didn't, or attracts a type of woman that I want to, or looks better or has more money than I do. I also don't question my self-worth as a result of it. You may have a few sadsack, low self-esteem men that get weepy and cry and get emotional over trivial things like that, but you can't even begin to generalize that men and women react the same way or engage in the same types of self-destructive behavior.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    We do?
    Well... shit, thanks for telling me.
    men are concerned with the size of their junk, wallet and DPS.

BG Level

DPS more than the others imo.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oh, lets not forget the whine-fest she put out in the newest game
    The Other M Doesn't exist. Fuck Team Ninja and all they stand for.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

That's just incorrect anyway you slice it. Men get just as insecure and jealous as women, maybe even more and try to push it off onto other people as their faults.
    Lol, you've been spending way too much time being gay.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Oooooooooooh, girl!

Pied Piper of the Homos
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

No, we don't. Not like women do, anyway. I've never tried to sabatoge one of my friends because he got a piece of ass that I didn't, or attracts a type of woman that I want to, or looks better or has more money than I do. I also don't question my self-worth as a result of it. You may have a few sadsack, low self-esteem men that get weepy and cry and get emotional over trivial things like that, but you can't even begin to generalize that men and women react the same way or engage in the same types of self-destructive behavior.
    And all women do? You and your generalizations and blanket statements.

The most insecure men I know are heterosexual, so I've obviously not spent enough time with the gays.

BG Level

All women do.

BG Level

I'm gonna side with the straight men on this. As far as tendencies go, straight men and straight women have different ways of being aggressive, and some gay men are more similar to women in the way they attack others.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

That... kinda sounds sexist, mate.
    You're right in that there are behavioural differences along the gender lines, but you paint a frankly exagerated picture, there.
    Not to mention that it's hard to distinguish the part of those differences that are due to hormonal or cultural causes; the former is immuable (at least while not altering and individual's gender itself) the latter is part of what hardline feminism aims to eliminate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya
    When someone says that men are objectified too, and use men with rippling muscles and a six pack as an example, are they sure those images are sexualized for women and not just vessels through which men view themselves? Sometimes i get the feeling straight men don't actually know what the objectification of men is supposed to look like.
    So, use of a scantily-clad woman in entertainment is objectification but use of a scantily-clad man in entertainment is some sort of aspirational thing?
    Don't you think that's somewhat of a self-fulfilling way to look at the issue?

By the way, I can't speak for all straight men, but I certainly don't "view myself" (pun not intended but worth keeping) in Brad Pitt, DiCaprio or <currentlypopularboyband>.

Oh, and those male underwear models? They're probably there for your benefit, not ours.
    We tend not to even look at those posters in the first place, let alone let them influence our choices in clothing.
    (some might, once again not speaking for all...)

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    When someone says that men are objectified too, and use men with rippling muscles and a six pack as an example, are they sure those images are sexualized for women and not just vessels through which men view themselves? Sometimes i get the feeling straight men don't actually know what the objectification of men is supposed to look like.
    No, they're sexualized for women. I base this simply on the premise that someone with Channing Tatum's acting skills would not get acting roles without Channing Tatum's looks. Girls go to see a movie with Channing Tatum in it cause there is a human being in that movie that has Channing Tatum's looks, not because there is a human being in that move that has Channing Tatum's acting skill.

BG Level

Assuming the premise that tatum is a terrible actor: if objectification simply means using good looking people to obtain more customers, then what's wrong with objectification?

BG Level

Not a damn thing.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Assuming the premise that tatum is a terrible actor: if objectification simply means using good looking people to obtain more customers, then what's wrong with objectification?
    Nothing, that's the point that I was arguing.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Channing Tatum was actually pretty good in "A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints".

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 294 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast