Closed Thread
Page 99 of 294 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 ... LastLast

Thread: Feminism Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    I'm sorry but Trigger that spider shit. I just about flip my shit whenever they don't spoiler Spiders on Yahoo's front page. Makes me want to write a very displeased email to yahoo site managers.
    late, but id be happier if they'd stop posting "news" from naturalnews <_< OHMYGODGMO'SARETHENEXTAPOCALYPSEWHATDOWEDO

Overall, the "news" they post is laughable.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I think Glenn Beck and Fox news is 99% garbage. But, at the same time they can make points that I agree with 1% of the time. If Glenn Beck came out in support of Gamergate I wouldn't be screaming omg messiah save us, everything he said in the past is forgiven derpaherpaderp!! I would consider his opinion on this subject. I wasn't aware I had to fully discredit someone because I didn't like their opinion on other topics. But I guess I should just stick my head in the sand when someone I don't like talks. I mean, I rather listen and judge their character further but that'd be immature

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

idk some people deserve a head-in-the-sand response, because if you acknowledge the one decent opinion they have, they/others feel that validates all their other opinions.

it's okay to listen to them but don't let them know you are

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    idk some people deserve a head-in-the-sand response, because if you acknowledge the one decent opinion they have, they/others feel that validates all their other opinions.

it's okay to listen to them but don't let them know you are
    This is stupid.
    But I'll do it anyway. See my responses to NynJa in this thread.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    This is stupid.
    But I'll do it anyway. See my responses to NynJa in this thread.
    Ah yes, that time you admitted you judge the content of someones post by the person posting it, not by what the person posted.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Whoa, now lets just calm down for a second here. I do both and I fully admit what I'm doing. :)
    Hell, I even told you that's exactly what I was doing in your case right then and there. Don't act like this is some major discovery.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Whoa, now lets just calm down for a second here. I do both and I fully admit what I'm doing.
    Hell, I even told you that's exactly what I was doing in your case right then and there. Don't act like this is some major discovery.
    That is true.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    I think the issue is, what's the difference between "Trigger: I lost my baby boy this week" and "I lost my baby boy this week" when it comes down to it? The message is still clear.
    Both might be appropriate depending on the content of the message. If you post something along the lines of "I lost my baby boy this week, and now i'm sad and want to eat ice cream", then the trigger warning isn't needed, because nothing has really been said. But the warning is appropriate if your post goes into details that could be particularly upsetting to some people who have had a similar experience. Slapping a trigger warning onto everything you say is stupid, but it's definitely good in some situations.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    Both might be appropriate depending on the content of the message. If you post something along the lines of "I lost my baby boy this week, and now i'm sad and want to eat ice cream", then the trigger warning isn't needed, because nothing has really been said. But the warning is appropriate if your post goes into details that could be particularly upsetting to some people who have had a similar experience. Slapping a trigger warning onto everything you say is stupid, but it's definitely good in some situations.
    I came up with another one too.

We get a lot of "DML: Family" threads (debate my life).

Without the trigger, it's usually in-laws being overbearing. With it, it usually either means lose of a family member or something to do with molestation in the family.

In the end though, again, it's about being polite. It might not make any sense to you, but if it gives another person comfort to type seven letters, then I am all for it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Again, this is making sense to me. Trigger warnings going on stories is logical. Trigger warnings going on specific words is pants-on-head crazy.

Also, nobody on earth should be able to look at that "twitter log" showing a screencap SECONDS after the threats got posted from an unsearched, unlogged twitter account and say "Yep, looks legit." You can't say those suspicions don't count because of their source. Since when do we discredit points because of the source? Isn't it shit-tier debate to say someone's wrong because of who they are and not what they said?

Sometimes it's okay to let the boy get eaten by the wolf for being such a little shit in the past.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Lyall View Post
    Since when do we discredit points because of the source? Isn't it shit-tier debate to say someone's wrong because of who they are and not what they said?
    Scroll up literally four posts bruh.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If you have severe PTSD where seeing words causes you to go into a panic attack... maybe browsing the internet is not a good idea. You know, hate machine, et al.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    If you have severe PTSD where seeing words causes you to go into a panic attack... maybe browsing the internet is not a good idea. You know, hate machine, et al.
    Alternatively it's an amazing idea, because contrary to popular belief not everyone on the internet is an asshole, and it can help them a lot.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Yeah, who needs the fucking internet? It's just a hobby amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Yeah, who needs the fucking internet? It's just a hobby amirite?
    Use the darknet, it's edgyer....edgier?..edgier? w/e tarage is stupid.

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I guess trigger warnings are inevitable considering how seriously ya'll nigga's take spoiler warnings here.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

All I'm saying is maybe you should avoid the things that cause you stress till you fix the stress. You don't go on a rollercoaster if you have heart problems.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

i don't pretend to know shit about this, but since you guys were going on about it, figured i'd drop it off here:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-things..._ibsrc=fanpage