Closed Thread
Page 172 of 294 FirstFirst ... 122 162 170 171 172 173 174 182 222 ... LastLast

Thread: Feminism Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arelian View Post
    Dude. Real talk. Take a step back. Nobody is blaming men. The idea that certain behavior being normalized, however, can play a role in a lot of things.
    I'm curious, what behavior is normalized here again? Statistically speaking, most boys don't go shooting up schools cause a girl dumped him for a friend. Those that do, however, usually have some kind of mental illness going on.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Statistically speaking, most boys don't go shooting up schools cause a girl dumped him for a friend. Those that do, however, usually have some kind of mental illness going on.
    Statistically speaking, most people don't go shooting up schools cause a person dumped them for a friend. Those that do, however, usually are men.

Encouraging people to allow aggression to color their reactions to things is probably a bad idea. Testosterone levels are at an all-time low, so it's hard to blame it purely on genetics as to why men are more aggressive. I think it's a fair assumption to say that they are taught to embrace anger and turn it against those that have "wronged" them in some way.

Nobody is being taught to go shoot up a school by cultural or societal norms, but people are certainly being shown that being the "aggressive, alpha male" is a good thing. It's entirely likely that this contributes to preexisting mental complications, especially in boys during puberty, to amp that aggression up to 11.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Maybe if we just killed all men this issue would be resolved.

We should actually keep just enough men to breed. Carefully cultivated and killed off if they don't meet exacting standards. Trust me, it's for the betterment of all men. After all, what specimens of man wouldn't enjoy being treated as a protected class? Their every whim catered to and never having to want for anything ever!

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Teryu View Post
    Maybe if we just killed all men this issue would be resolved.
    But again, men aren't the problem, they are the victims.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Encouraging people to allow aggression to color their reactions to things is probably a bad idea. Testosterone levels are at an all-time low, so it's hard to blame it purely on genetics as to why men are more aggressive.
    i'm not sold on male testosterone levels = murderdeathkill, but though it's easy to forget because of blood saturation by the media violence rates in America are at a fifty year low, the murder rate is less than half of what it was in 1990.

Absolutely, yeah. I'm not really sold on it either, but I saw a discussion earlier about how men are more predisposed towards violence due to testosterone. So it was an easy thing to address.

That's also true--it's just easier to hear about murderdeathkill, so you hear about it more often.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

Or we could just kill all women since artificial wombs are a scientific reality now.

men are more predisposed towards violence due to testosterone.
    Symptoms of low testosterone include anxiety, depression, anger, moodswings and irritability. Symptoms of high test are pretty much the opposite, what you are thinking of would be trenbolene.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    Or we could just kill all women since artificial wombs are a scientific reality now.
    But if we kill all women that would be misogynist, and that's wrong.

Tekki's Bitch

BG Level

I don't post on bg to be right.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post

Gamers are their own worst enemy. STOP GIVING HER ATTENTION THUS GIVING HER MORE MONEY.
    I'm pretty sure not one post in this thread has gotten her national attention...its not us thats giving her attention and money.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by thetruepandagod View Post
    artificial womb + sexbot = jackpot

mirite? One day you guys will understand those videos I posted and by then it will be too late.
    The end is nigh. The human race is over. AAHHHHHHHHH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    She's saying exactly the same thing i did. Men are not the problem, they are the victims of the actual problem.
    The actual problem being mental health and gun laws?

Statistically speaking, most people don't go shooting up schools cause a person dumped them for a friend. Those that do, usually suffer from some mental illness because FUCKING NORMAL PEOPLE DONT DO THAT.
    NRA run by patriarchy to give guns to male students to kill their girlfriends with, causing them to further the cause of the almighty omega-patriarch, lord of all men.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    The actual problem being mental health and gun laws?
    I can't even respond to them any more. They're actually talking like being alpha means shooting up your ex and her new boy toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I can't even respond to them any more. They're actually talking like being alpha means shooting up your ex and her new boy toy.
    Totally the definition of Alpha, animal kingdom and shit. Pop some steroids, flip that collar and then go on a shooting spree. Alpha as Zyzz.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

If you think that's what people in here are saying you severely lack reading comprehension skills. The point is not 'being alpha makes you go on shooting sprees' it's that the current notion of masculinity/being alpha as fuck/whatever can cause all sorts of problems from relatively minor ones, to more severe things, and can, when intersecting with existing mental illnesses, be a factor in tragic acts of violence such as this, or in many cases intersect with depression, and compound how shitty you feel about yourself. People have killed themselves over 'losing their girl' or being relentlessly teased for being a virgin loser, etc etc. These are all problems that affect men, and seeking to deal with them is not "blaming men for everything", it's recognizing a legitimate problem that has a negative impact on a lot of people's lives. Take Anita/feminism/women out of the equation, and just look at how men treat other men, how entertainment treats men, and the notions of what it means to "be a man", and if you truly believe that doesn't have a negative effect on SOME men, and an even greater one on men with mental disorders, then I don't know what to fucking tell you, clearly there's no hope for discussion here.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Man this thread is nuts, if there is an "unhealthy" masculinity in men than it is women who put it on them. Women are the dominant force in teaching/education and most single parent homes are run by women. Even in a two parent family the father is more likely to work than the mother so she is the one that spends the majority of time with their offspring.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

shes not attempting to address a larger issue in society shes blaming men FOR the issue as if all men are the sole cause. So can we have a debat about the issue? sure! is she trying to? no.... its click-bait white knights can flock to it and try to defend it but its click-bait and shes a sell out.Its blatantly obvious shes not in this to help anyone just to make as much money as she can.

shes the monica lewinsky of the feminist movement,cashing out her 15mins of fame and using every death threat to refuel it.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

One step forward, two steps back.

I'm sure these murderers diets had an effect on this shooting too, same with their upbringing and cultural heritage. The reason we don't constantly bring that up is because we know their mental health and access to fire arms contributed the most to these tragedies, even if masculinity in modern culture -might- be a factor. I'd like some PhDs to look into it before we parrot feminist numero uno like she's speaking the word of the Lord.

It's irresponsible to say put those things on hold, men need a talking to. That's why I said she's a cancer, and that's why this is one step forward and two steps back.