Closed Thread
Page 153 of 294 FirstFirst ... 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 ... LastLast

Thread: Feminism Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    It's already happening though. Bayonetta and Tom Raider (new one), to me, are good examples of female representation in video games. Meanwhile, increasingly, more videogames are allowing you to see and choose LGBT characters, like Mass Effect for example. So we are progressing. Developers just need to be encouraged to follow these examples.

I completely agree, and I am all for it. However, sadly people like Anita I think do more harm than good about brining female gamers in with this stuff. They still blasted these games for being just eye candy because they never fucking tried to play them in the first place. Remember the shit fit they had over Lara almost getting raped? Without taking the time to find out it was a power moment many women can relate to and the redemption they can feel when she beat the crap out of the guy.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Mazmaz safefacing in 3, 2, 1...
    Why would I safeface? I asked a genuine question and got genuine responses which I agree are fair. Are you not used to genuine questions?

That being said, citing those examples as a reason to act like Anita is the devil incarnate would still make me laugh.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Glen Beck would be proud

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Isn't GG the ones quoting neo-cons?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazmaz View Post
    Why would I safeface? I asked a genuine question and got genuine responses which I agree are fair. Are you not used to genuine questions?
    Genuine questions that have been answered a dozen times in this thread? Even though Thunderfoot comes off as an asshole, he has like 10 videos all with proper counter arguments to Anita.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Genuine questions that have been answered a dozen times in this thread? Even though Thunderfoot comes off as an asshole, he has like 10 videos all with proper counter arguments to Anita.
    ^

God I liked Thunderf00t more when he stuck to science and eviscerating evangelical Christians though.

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    ^

God I liked Thunderf00t more when he stuck to science and eviscerating evangelical Christians though.
    That's just it though - people are irrationally following behind Anita or Zoe as if they're the heads of churches. They do so blindly, and take anything they say and spew it forth for everyone near them to hear it. The amplification of their retardedness is exactly the problem most people have with them, and why GG comes off as "anti-feminist", when it's actually closer to anti-stupid. That's where Thunderfoot comes in.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Obviously I wanted to see the criticisms from fellow feminists. I don't give a shit what an MRA has to say.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mazmaz View Post
    Obviously I wanted to see the criticisms from fellow feminists. I don't give a shit what an MRA has to say.
    So you're incapable of assessing arguments on their own without incorporating who shares them into the equation... otherwise known as the inability to think on your own. Got it.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

No, I wanted to see whether the criticisms would be any/much different. Obviously different people are analyzing the same thing with a different mind set.

Speaking of Thunderf00t and others

blax n gunz
    BG Level

6 minutes in and we have an ad hominem preceding the first...argument? This doesn't seem like it's worth watching can you summarize? Atheists got mad after a speech given by a woman and then used that a springboard to call her a liar when later she said someone made unwelcome approaches to her?

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Oh god, is that Elevatorgate I hear? This thread already has enough gates.

That video's pretty funny. For the most part it's just reminiscing about Atheism+, but it's relevant because of Thunderf00t's very astute observation that this is now the 3rd time SJW's have attempted to infiltrate a community for their own purposes, and the tactics they use have been shockingly similar in all cases. From the "us vs. them" mentality to the spokespersons who are professional victims, it's all so eerily identical.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

So when we use the pejorative SJW are we implying more diversity in media is a bad thing or is there something else that the GG crowd is mad about?

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    6 minutes in and we have an ad hominem preceding the first...argument? This doesn't seem like it's worth watching can you summarize? Atheists got mad after a speech given by a woman and then used that a springboard to call her a liar when later she said someone made unwelcome approaches to her?
    It was more like: atheist woman receives unwanted advances from a man in an elevator, she complains that it is precisely this kind of thing that makes women feel unwelcome. Some atheist men lash out, perplexed how being hit on should make her feel uncomfortable rather than seeing it as a compliment. Shit storm ensues. Even Dawkins got involved. Note: the guy in the elevator asked her to his room for coffee or food i don't know.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    So when we use the pejorative SJW are we implying more diversity in media is a bad thing or is there something else that the GG crowd is mad about?
    Are you being facetious or have you really not grasped the concept after having asked this same question several times before?
    That said, you could just hop over urban dictionary and look at the top definition if you really want to know (you don't, you've already decided what it means to you).

BG Level

I want a definition from the people here. You can give me one if you'd like, not that I expect that from you though.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So you're being facetious then? You're right, you won't get one.
    This entire line of questioning doesn't seem to serve any purpose but to steer the topic a different direction.

All that being said, I'd watched a number of videos (thunderf00t's old video they referenced on it came to mind) on ElevatorGate while that was going on. Yep, the parallels are quite striking.
    These same tactics have already failed twice in the past but I don't think any of the previous instances of SJWs trying to co-opt a space were on the same scale as this and didn't hit the mainstream nor did they last as long. This definitely feels somewhat unique even though its the same old, same old.

Maybe the third time really is the charm?

BG Level

Anyway, ignoring Char who is busy being his usual self; I honestly would like to know what precisely angers some of the posters here about SJW. I wasn't given the impression anyone here really disagrees with the idea of creating more diversity in media, so i'm not quite so sure. What I get is that it's largely a tone issue. SJW, who i am understanding to be advocates for feminism and transinclusivity, can be shrill, confrontational, condescending. Is that all? Or is there some other substance to the complaint?