+ Reply to Thread
    Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Stuck Contrast/Brightness window...

I updated my PC including some graphics updates yesterday while ffxi was down and rebooted without an issue. This morning I came to check my PC and this Contrast/Brightness monitor setting screen is up and the cursor is constantly bouncing between the 2 options on the screen as if the arrow button is held down.

I tried rebooting, unplugging the monitor, hitting the keys really hard, pressing all the buttons on the monitor itself and the best I can do is stop the cursor from flashing when I press "2" button on the monitor which should select, or attempt to turn off the monitor with the power button. Mind you, it will not turn off, it only stops the cursor from moving.

I can't move it, my mouse appears to just go behind it. It's annoying as hell and blocking everything in the middle of my screen. Any ideas?

Spoiler: show

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You try looking up your model and seeing if there's a factory reset option via holding certain buttons on power up?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Sounds like one of the adjustment buttons on your monitor is either stuck or something is pushing on it. I had a maddening PC issue a few months ago that ended up being solved after several hours of fruitless attempts to fix by my taking the book corner off of the ctrl key. I felt pretty dumb that day.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Thanks for the tips. After trying some button combinations I was at least able to narrow it down to one specific button. After trying to push it with no luck, and trying to pry it out with no luck, I finally just jammed a knife in and twisted until the cursor stopped scrolling...problem solved!

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Can't remember the last time I even used the settings menu on a monitor outside of degauss on a CRT, which typically had its own dedicated button.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Me neither, which is why I am really baffled as to how it got stuck in...literally went to bed monitor was fine, woke up jammed in. Baffling.