+ Reply to Thread
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Medivh

Leatherworking 95+ Synth Help

Could anyone give me some suggestions I can bounce between for getting Leathercraft to move for me?
    I'm currently at 95 and Panzer masks are not giving me any skills...

Open to any suggestions to make some progress.
    Thank you!

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Make more panther masks with full support to 97, then make more panther masks without support until 102. Also, read the various threads in here titled "New recipes Date" and feel free to use the random question sticky at the top.

Lastly, you can flip through the options here: http://www.ffxiah.com/recipes/leathercraft/veteran

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Medivh

I could hug you. I really appreciate your help. <3

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

No problem, check out the quick read in this OP, it's a nice refresher: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/571...tion-read-this!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

What I did from 94-97 was make Griffon Leather. It's your basic Hide > Leather synth and it caps at 97. Great bridge synth for you right now with you at 95.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    What I did from 94-97 was make Griffon Leather. It's your basic Hide > Leather synth and it caps at 97. Great bridge synth for you right now with you at 95.
    I was about to comment that griffon hides are hard to come by, then I checked the AH and theres 40+ up with 8+ selling per day lol. Oh how supply changes!. Pretty sure I NPC'd most of these on my mule too, was pretty much break even cost wise and I got tired of attemping to list 1 at a time to make a profit on the AH.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

you can do panther masks until 103 actually... also make urja jerkins until 105, then lose your ass from 105-110 hoping to hq some hexed synths on skill ups..

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    I was about to comment that griffon hides are hard to come by, then I checked the AH and theres 40+ up with 8+ selling per day lol. Oh how supply changes!. Pretty sure I NPC'd most of these on my mule too, was pretty much break even cost wise and I got tired of attemping to list 1 at a time to make a profit on the AH.
    Back when I leveled on Griffon Leathers, I had a small gut feeling they were going to be used for something in a future update, so I kept all of the leathers on a storage mule for safe keeping. My "feeling" was that they were going to be a synthesis material for a new kind of armor or something. Imagine my surprise that SE made them a Gobbiebag Quest Item!

I had 9 stacks of Griffon Leathers (from 94 to the 97 cap) I bought each Hide for about 4-5k per, toss in the price of Dark Crystals, Windy Tea Leaves and Water....lets say 6k per synth. After the update came out and I found out that the Leather was a Gobbiebag Quest Item.....I made out like a fucking bandit! I sold the first few on my mule for about 300k a pop, and when the last ones sold, they were still going for about 50k each.

But now that the prices on them have settled down, it's still a profitable synth. Currently on Shiva, the Hides sell for 1k, and the individual Leather sells for 6k each. I'm not sure what it's like on other servers though, but if you're ok with camping the AH for the Hides, you can skill up and make some of your gil back.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Dusk gloves are pretty much break even to npc now too. 99 cap and can T1 at 98 now if you have all the +skill gear. HQ not worth too much but still a nice boost.

Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Zouri View Post
    you can do panther masks until 103 actually...
    Are skill ups on these extremely rare once you're at 102? I've done at least 20 synths so far and have yet to see a skill up from it. So far my only .1 is from Sealord Leather.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Leatherworking 95+ Synth Help

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko View Post
    Are skill ups on these extremely rare once you're at 102? I've done at least 20 synths so far and have yet to see a skill up from it. So far my only .1 is from Sealord Leather.
    I did about a dozen synths with kitron and shapers shawl with no skill up after going 1/3 on skill ups from 100. So I'm fairly certain it's only 102 on panther masks.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

i thought it was 103, but i also went 100-105 in less than a week... so obviously i was wrong