1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 11 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 8 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 1 hours, 11 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Strange benchamrk scores.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Strange benchamrk scores.

Hi guys, Strange results....

I know the FFXIV benchmark isn't the be all and end all, and after testing in game im running everything normal with aax4 and max res and have steady FPS, this leads me to believe there's problems with the benchmark results for HD.

But when I run the Benchmark in SD and HD I get around the same results, Ive run 3dmark 06 and get expected scores and with other benchmarks (see below) so it leads me to think its the benchmark - however id like to eliminate what ever this is for peace of mind that its not effecting anything in game.

Morphological is off in 3d settings. I notice using OCCT that the CPU/Memory Use and GPU/CPU temps/load are the same on SD or HD. surly this isn't right?

I couldn't find any info on others suffering the same, feel free to point me in the direction of an explanation.

HD Scores

SD Scores

My Pc:
    XFX 550W Core Edition Pro PSU
    AMD FX-4100 4-Core FX Series
    Asus M5A97 AMD 970
    Corsair Vengeance Performance Memory DDR31866mhz 2x4GB
    1GB MSI R6850-PM2D1GD5/OC
    KINGSTON 120GB HyperX 3K SSD - as main drive.
    Seagate Barracuda 1 TB - Storage

15743 3DMarks
    SM2.0 SCORE
    HDR/SM3.0 SCORE
    CPU SCORE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    CrystalDiskMark 3.0.1 x64 (C) 2007-2010 hiyohiyo
    Crystal Dew World : http://crystalmark.info/
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    * MB/s = 1,000,000 byte/s [SATA/300 = 300,000,000 byte/s]

Sequential Read : 445.129 MB/s
    Sequential Write : 178.344 MB/s
    Random Read 512KB : 395.459 MB/s
    Random Write 512KB : 150.513 MB/s
    Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 23.635 MB/s [ 5770.3 IOPS]
    Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 76.408 MB/s [ 18654.2 IOPS]
    Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 115.492 MB/s [ 28196.3 IOPS]
    Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 145.946 MB/s [ 35631.5 IOPS]

Test : 1000 MB [C: 44.2% (49.4/111.7 GB)] (x5)
    Date : 2012/06/20 16:21:27
    OS : Windows 7 Home Premium Edition SP1 [6.1 Build 7601] (x64)

So I think its safe to say all is working as it should, so why would the benchmark give same scores?

Just trying to optimize before my second 6850 arrives.

Ideas?
    Thanks.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Kinda normal imo for the Graphic Card you got

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

... and after testing in game im running everything normal with aax4 and max res and have steady FPS ...
    If you already tested in game and it runs fine, what is the problem? I don't actually see you mention an actual problem in your post anywhere.

Are you just wondering why the benchmark has similar numbers in HD vs SD? The whole graphics system is getting scrapped in less than 6 months. Why do you care what an old benchmark says?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raineh View Post
    "however id like to eliminate what ever this is for peace of mind that its not effecting anything in game."
    "Just trying to optimize before my second 6850 arrives."
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    If you already tested in game and it runs fine, what is the problem? I don't actually see you mention an actual problem in your post anywhere.
    Are you just wondering why the benchmark has similar numbers in HD vs SD? The whole graphics system is getting scrapped in less than 6 months. Why do you care what an old benchmark says?
    No your right I didn't... maybe I need to be clearer?
    The problem is I don't know if it really is running fine, should it be faster in game than just everything on normal?
    I don't know if whatever is causing the slower benchmark is loosing me any performance in game.
    And yes the graphics system is being redone in 6 months? so I should have a possibly unoptimized system until then, because??

Ratatapa Thank you for the reply and constructive input.
    Ill search a bit more for info if its a known issue.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Ah, well was it ever documented anywhere what "score" represents? Is it possible that it's running as fast as it can, in both SD and HD, thus leading to similar results? I don't remember what scores people were getting way way back in the day.