BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Keshad View Post
    Anyone know what sort of glyph builds are used for warrior these days, both dps role and tanking role for dungeons?
    at 60 i've tanked AC HM with this http://teracodex.com/glyphbuilder#wa...01000000000011

i didn't really worry about all the defensive glyphs. Only one i have is the endurance on DFA for if i accidentally miss time them.
    Don't know what warrior tanks use for queen HM but im sure this is more than enough for Normal

Also used that build low-maning Nexus Trav when i did do it with 6-7 people. Torrent of blow spam is more than enough i only ever shout in emergency and a few times @ the start of long fights. But for DPS this should be near optimal low cool downs for edge building/scyth glyphs for Extra crit/dmg. Rest is up to your play style (button mashing skills)

i've been kind lazy gearing my war well been lazy in general barely play this game now since my static fell apart.

still using T13 crafted swords which is fine for all the content out there
    Tanking crystals mutinous x3 and 1 hate

tanking isnt what it use to be imo. after the warrior/lancer buffs tanking is piss easy.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Alright, I'm DLing now. I only played a couple hours during open beta and didn't want to toss $$ at it...

I was a berserker and liked it, but I have come to expect that Spike damage is the only damage that matters in an Asian game. Is slayer still THE derps, or did ranger or sorc stop being gimp? I might just go support rather than slayer. In which case, cleric (?) or mystic?

I remember now, I spent as much time looking at the character select screen during beta as I played in the game just trying to figure out exactly what the class/race differences were XD

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If you liked the zerker style, play it. They made some changes a while ago to enhance it.

Mystic for support. Leveling a second character its pretty painless.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I'll probably try zerk first again, but DL speeds are tragic atm and I won't be playing until the weekend it seems...

Groovebox

I barely played at release. I'm gonna give it another shot. Are groups desperate for priests, mystics or lancers? I'll play any of those classes, but I'd like to play the one that has the highest demand. Any feedback is much appreciated.

I'd almost say the MMO constant is good healers are harder to find (less glory in support) than good tanks and then good DPS. Otherwise, what's generally in demand when will vary based on server and time.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Groovebox View Post
    I barely played at release. I'm gonna give it another shot. Are groups desperate for priests, mystics or lancers? I'll play any of those classes, but I'd like to play the one that has the highest demand. Any feedback is much appreciated.
    If you will be playing solo a lot and therefore relying on dungeon finder type queues for your party needs , you'll spend less time in line as a healer/support or tank than dd.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

So I'm downloading now to give it a shot and figured I'd ask;

if you had to compare Archer in this game to Archer in another game (which I know would be hard to do, but figured I'd try), what would you compare it to? I kinda like the idea of spike damae, attack speed stuff.. the ability to solo and what not.. if I had to. So is Archer viable for all that? Or is that a big negative?

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Archer is currently ranked among the lowest DPS, though that doesn't exactly mean it's a bad class, it's just not going to spike as much as, say, Sorc or Berserker. It does have a fair amount of CCs and stuns though, which are useful in certain situation. I can't really say "Yea, go for it" or "No, don't" because it, like all classes, has pros and cons, but at the same time can do any endgame content that other classes can. Sorry if my answer isn't really all that helpful.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Ah okay. Guess I'll play around and see how it goes.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

As a complete nub, should I be intimidated by Warrior's difficulty rating of five stars? I piddled around in the beta and it seemed the most interesting at the time, and I'm considering giving it a go again.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

No. The star ratings are whack.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Play Slayer if you want it easy mode. I love 2h swords so it was a no brainier for me. I just knock shit down on the ground to pounce on and Overhand Strike when I can. It's all I ever do!

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Press Spacebar to Win.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Why does Leash randomly not work in PvP? I'll hit people with it and it'll interrupt them but not pull them towards me. And how the shit do you deal with kiting mystics at low level on lancer. I have to pray for a lucky stun on barrage or just hope they're terrible or they can kite me for days.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

there's no counter to mystics until later. they can't kill you either so just ignore them unless you're keeping them busy in group PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    there's no counter to mystics until later. they can't kill you either so just ignore them unless you're keeping them busy in group PvP
    This is wrong, I kill lancers without having to heal myself once.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Yeah they keep trying to gank during BAMs, always a fucking Mystic. I figured that was the case though, most of em are pretty easy to scare off at least. Thanks.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    This is wrong, I kill lancers without having to heal myself once.
    the lancers must be pretty awful if they're allowing you to DoT them to death. mystic has no powerful spikes, at least not at the point that a lancer can't counter the kiting, and most if not all of your non-DoT attacks are avoidable or blockable

You could literally run away from any class in the game if you think that way.