Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It comes down to a matter of attrition. How long is it taking you to kill the guy? I'm not doubting your ability to do so, but it's wholly inefficient for both parties and the Lancer would have to be really bored or really stupid to get DoT kited to death. When we used to duel, the duel would elapse before either of us died and we were both usually near max HP.

I don't have to straight up kite lancers anymore. I learned how to fight them much more offensively while avoiding all their damage.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

What Crystals should I be using as a Mystic?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    I don't have to straight up kite lancers anymore. I learned how to fight them much more offensively while avoiding all their damage.
    Fair enough however I don't find that to be very common. All of the mystics I've run into so far have turned tail as soon as I move to stab them, and they don't turn back around except to annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fereydoon View Post
    What Crystals should I be using as a Mystic?
    PVE?
    Weapon: MP regen + move speed
    Armor: Damage reduction vs normal mobs for normal/elites, damage reduction vs bosses for BAM's/elites.

PVP:
    Weapon: Mp regen/move speed/MP regen when hitting someone in pvp
    Armor: HP/Move speed/MP regen when being hit in PVP

I think this is right.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

That's around what I was thinking, thanks.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I made a zerker, rolled my face across the keyboard and everyone in Lumbertown died. Can I keep doing this til 60? I SURE HOPE SO.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

To a much lesser degree; Zerkers are the worst at 1v1 PvP, and in BGs and Arenas, people will need to set up for them, but if you get a hit off, chances are things will die.

I haven't looked into later on, but at 35, yeah, mobility is a Berzerker issue. While I got Dash a couple levels ago, mobs can still quickly get distance and I've seen other classes have more rapid mobility tools. The retaliate follow-up can be so-so as a gap closer, but since it is an attack, it'll keep you stuck for a short bit, too. The whole "stand there holding your axe to charge" is a big flag for incoming pain, too. If you know Cyclone's down, just not being in front of them is an easy way to avoid hurt.

I've had fun soloing some BAMs, though. Sure, it takes forever, but sometimes shouting for a group is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    To a much lesser degree; Zerkers are the worst at 1v1 PvP, and in BGs and Arenas, people will need to set up for them, but if you get a hit off, chances are things will die.
    I set up all his kills for him on sorc.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    I set up all his kills for him on sorc.
    well may he never know the pain of 1v1 with zerker

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Warriors and to a lesser extent (mostly because none of them know what they're doing right now) Lancers are the only things giving me trouble 1v1 so far. Everything else gets steamrolled unless they have a decent level gap up on me. Some +3 Archer hit me for 1.1k through block when I only had 2k max HP. That was some shit, every other one has been unable to break through block even with the charge shot.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So this question probably comes up every other page or so, but I never think to pay attention to it, so I'll ask again >.>;

As our group nears 60, what sort of crystals should my wife be using on her sorcerer? She never researches this stuff much in games and I know we've got a grip of pro sorcs here. Just weapon/armor crystal choices for bosses/BAMs mainly. No pvp or normal mob stuff is necessary. Thanks

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

This is just from memory so I don't really remember their names, but I think this is what I used:

Weapon:
    Crit+% (I really don't know if this was best or just increased damage to bosses)
    Increased Crit multiplier from behind
    Increased Crit multiplier on enraged
    Increased Crit multiplier on bosses/normal

Armor:
    Reduced Damage from bosses/normal x4

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Savage got nerfed, so use forcefull instead. If no back crit build; then four mutes, or two mutes/carving/focused. Sometimes when I'm soloing certain bosses I swap a swift in for ezmode.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Things have apparently changed then. Not too surprising though I guess.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

While Savage cruxes got nerfed, I still think they have useful merit. The standard back crit. crystal set up that most DPS use suffices quite well for Sorcs, and would be Acrimonious, Savage, Focused, and then if you have a Mystic use Forceful as a fourth, and if you have a Priest use a Carving as your fourth. This does of course also hinge on you actually being able to get back time on the boss; if it's spinning or moving around too much to reliably get its back, you'll probably want to go 4xMutinous or, as Senji said, 2x Mutinous with a Carving and Focused. Armell could probably give more insight on this as well if he notices the question.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Basically what everyone said is normally what I roll with as a Sorc. For any boss that likes to move around too damn much or when first fighting that boss so I can get accustomed to his movements and tendencies, I just use 2 Mutinous, 1 Carving, 1 Focused . You can pretty much back crit setup every boss in the game though except for the third boss of ACHM since you need to run around him the entire time (unless you like to troll like me ).

Someone else asked earlier if double attack speed is worth it to Sorc compared to double boss and personally, it's up to you. Both setups can end up doing very similar damage, crits aside since they will boost dbl boss ahead and of course, datRNG. I roll double attack speed (with at least 4% atk speed necklace) cause it helps me squeeze in an extra Flaming Barrage in my Celerity rotation that I can't do with double boss (the timing is strict as hell and if you mess it up, your second Fireblast starts to cast out of Celerity). You end up doing slightly more damage (8k+) in Celerity due to it however, double boss evens it out during the out of celerity damage phase. I do have a friend that can fit 3 flaming barrages in his rotation without double attack speed but that nigga has 30-40 ping all day errday. As an overview, this is my rotation:

Overchannel > Lightning Trap Cancel > Mana Barrier (if glyphed for power) > Celerity > Fireblast > Hailstorm > Arcane Pulse > Void Pulse > Flaming Barrage > Ice Needle > Magma Bomb > Painblast > Flaming Barrage > Mana Infusion > Lightning Trap Cancel > Flaming Barrage > Overchannel > Fireblast [Out of Celerity] Arcane Pulse > Void Pulse > Flaming Barrage > Ice Needle > Magma Bomb > Mana Siphon > Flaming Barrage.

The bolded Flaming Barrage is the extra one I fit in with double attack speed. There are different rotations you can do with double boss (an extra Magma Bomb after Mana Infusion for instance) and of course, due to boss movement and aggro changes, you might not even get all your spells out. Double boss will ultimately edge out since the crits will be higher and not every boss is going to let you complete all your spells perfectly everytime making the extra Flaming Barrage moot. But I like my faster animations, escapes, and comparable damage. YE

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Awesome, thanks everyone.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Keeping in line with Sorc questions. Is there a common Sorc Glyph setup? I just hit 60 so I don't have any of the advance glyphs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast