FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

My build that im currently using
    http://teracodex.com/glyphbuilder#so...01025221010114

the website is missing the new stuff for sorcs like the energetic fireblast & teleport jaunt cd but i have it on there for my build uses all 50 points. Pretty much PvE build for everything.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

As far as melee dps goes, and for pve/endgame dungeons, what is the most useful job between slayer and berserker?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This is my current glyph setup for PvE: http://teracodex.com/glyphbuilder#so...12012252212262
    I'm still playing around with PvP stuff but this is what I use: http://teracodex.com/glyphbuilder#so...02031829324222

Celerity... I mean Armell might chime in later.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Keshad View Post
    As far as melee dps goes, and for pve/endgame dungeons, what is the most useful job between slayer and berserker?
    Slayer is pretty good with effort. Glyphs,Gear

Zerker is top tier now with their new buff. Since now they have decent rotation of abilities to use
    SS >Flatten
    SS (glyphed for thunder strike charge reduction) > Thunder strike > Vamp blow

Slayer has more mobility and does pretty decent in PvP

Zerker is hela slower but has a block doesnt need to really move in most situations
    Zerker: Highest DPS, Highest crits. no dodge (if u dont count evasive smash), Spams thunder strike or cyclone to win
    Slayer: High dps, Dodge, Good in pvp, 2 stuns, Spam heart thrust / overhand smash to win

Depends on you and your skill lvl. I Would say zerker is harder class to play timing your charges and knowing when to block.

in tera it boils down to this

"do i like the way i look in leather or plate"

both are good just pick one

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    Zerker is top tier now with their new buff. Since now they have decent rotation of abilities to use
    SS >Flatten
    SS (glyphed for thunder strike charge reduction) > Thunder strike > Vamp blow
    Using SS gives you a buff for like 5~ seconds that reduces the t.strike charge. You can do other shit between em as long as you start charging before it wears off. So SS > Flatten/Buff/Whatever > T.Strike works too. With Attack Speed+ you can get off multiple stuff between.

Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    My build that im currently using
    http://teracodex.com/glyphbuilder#so...01025221010114

the website is missing the new stuff for sorcs like the energetic fireblast & teleport jaunt cd but i have it on there for my build uses all 50 points. Pretty much PvE build for everything.
    Don't like some of your glyph decisions for PVE.

http://teracodex.com/glyphbuilder#so...80122252233511

Is what I use.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post

Overchannel > Lightning Trap Cancel > Mana Barrier (if glyphed for power) > Celerity > Fireblast > Hailstorm > Arcane Pulse > Void Pulse > Flaming Barrage > Ice Needle > Magma Bomb > Painblast > Flaming Barrage > Mana Infusion > Lightning Trap Cancel > Flaming Barrage > Overchannel > Fireblast [Out of Celerity] Arcane Pulse > Void Pulse > Flaming Barrage > Ice Needle > Magma Bomb > Mana Siphon > Flaming Barrage.
    Arcane pulse purely for glyph of carvings double crit? Or is it actually good DPS to fully charge it? Always felt like it was garbage unless hitting 3+ targets to me..

If for the crit, why not before fireblast?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Arcane pulse purely for glyph of carvings double crit? Or is it actually good DPS to fully charge it? Always felt like it was garbage unless hitting 3+ targets to me..

i have the arcane glyph crit rate honestly i just feel pretty "meh" about rng glyphs on sorc @ fireblast & arcane pulse

and the decision on the mana shield duration is pretty moot too. when everything that can kill us in one shot. Not saying mana shield isnt useful just i feel id rather have the decreased timer on SS for an absolute "oh shit" moments when im pretty much fucked on my CD for jaunt/backstep/icestep and absorbing a few extra thousand isn't gonna cut it.

Rare that i run completely out of mana because my mystics pretty OP about keeping balls near me.

but to each his own

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

I always use Arcane Pulse for the crit boost before my fireblasts, I think it's worth it since that's the skill that can get me 1m+ crits.

I'll get my glyph build later tonight when I'm home. I'm not sure I remember it well enough to recreate it right now. -.-

I know one glyph I tried out and liked more than I thought I would was Glyph of Shield on Retaliate. It's very useful if you like to solo BAM's or dungeons. Back before they changed nexus to 7man required, I used to duo it with another dps and had no problem solo'ing either BAM in the second room, or tanking the dragon. Shield stayed up nearly 100% on them. It's situational, obviously it won't help you at all on queen, but I'd keep it in mind for other things.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post

It's never good dps to fully charge it, waste of mana and dps time imo. As for doing it before Fireblast, it's possible but it would need to be cast facing the ground so it doesn't eat your Overchannel before Fireblast hits. I don't normally use it for Fireblast though cause of datrng and with the current rotation, it's some filler damage with a chance at some crits for the void pulse, flame barrage, the hail storm that's ticking away.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyree View Post
    I always use Arcane Pulse for the crit boost before my fireblasts, I think it's worth it since that's the skill that can get me 1m+ crits.

I'll get my glyph build later tonight when I'm home. I'm not sure I remember it well enough to recreate it right now. -.-

I know one glyph I tried out and liked more than I thought I would was Glyph of Shield on Retaliate. It's very useful if you like to solo BAM's or dungeons. Back before they changed nexus to 7man required, I used to duo it with another dps and had no problem solo'ing either BAM in the second room, or tanking the dragon. Shield stayed up nearly 100% on them. It's situational, obviously it won't help you at all on queen, but I'd keep it in mind for other things.
    Are you sure it procs if mana barrier is already on cooldown? I tried it before and it never procced if it was on CD.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It can proc if mana barrier is on cooldown but remember that it's a 50% chance that it will proc.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It can proc if mana barrier is on cooldown but remember that it's a 50% chance that it will proc.
    yea the Flame pillar glyph does the same thing. I did love the shit outa that one tho

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

It most definitely can proc regardless of it being on cooldown or not. When you get it from a Retaliate, though, the glyphs you have on Mana Barrier (ie. Power or Endurance buffs) will not get applied. You only get the shield.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Armel Falzen
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Celerity... I mean Armell might chime in later.
    Fuck you!

And to the sorc discussion, I use http://teracodex.com/glyphbuilder#so...11010652212811 for PvE myself.

Not the MP fireblast one, but the CD reduction since I spam infusions cause they're pretty much dirt cheap. Keep forgetting that glyph set hasn't been updated yet

It's more effective to use Arcane before Void and Hailstorm because it's a smoother transition into your rotations.

OMG that's such a huge PVP survivability buff, must use!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Does anyone have updated zerk and lancer builds for endgame dungeons? Still working on my glyphs from ToT and SJG so yeah. Work in progress and all.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Keshad View Post
    Anyone know what sort of glyph builds are used for warrior these days, both dps role and tanking role for dungeons?
    http://teracodex.com/glyphbuilder#wa...46111221180111
    is what i use for warrior these days for dps.

Tanked AC HM with this build (but achm is a joke)
    and Nexus traverse( also a joke)
    in Defensive stance just using 2 mutinous / 2 threatening crystals (when tanking)
    acrimonious, forceful,savage,focused for standard dps purposes
    haven't had a chance to tank Core-HM. but i don't imagine id change much outside the endurance buff on defensive stance and maybe shout speed cast.

dunno any warriors that have tanked to ask.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arietta Scarlet
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So just dinged 60 with my mystic, what would be a good pve glyph build? i'm 39/50 and i really don't see anything usefull to pick

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Pere View Post
    So just dinged 60 with my mystic, what would be a good pve glyph build? i'm 39/50 and i really don't see anything usefull to pick
    i know there are a few good advance glyphs for mystic form Gallery/ToT

the instant heal on balls and the endurance buff. Other than that... no clue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast