Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arietta Scarlet
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah i do know there are soem interesting advanced glyphs but until i get them i really don't know where to put the points lol they seem all useless

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Pere View Post
    Yeah i do know there are soem interesting advanced glyphs but until i get them i really don't know where to put the points lol they seem all useless
    yea i looked and was like "thank god they have a crit buff"

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I thought I would (again) ask here first before just randomly searching Youtube. I've started up an alt character group with my friends and my best friend is currently our warrior tank. We're lvl 35 now and to be frank I worry about the future success of our party with how his tanking is going. As a lancer main I know that a warrior tank is played differently but the BAM battles have been waaaaaay too chaotic and there have been too many sloppy wins and near wipe episodes for me to be comfortable with. (unless this is on par with a warrior tank)

I can't really watch how he tanks while I play but I think the main thing is he gets hit too often. Should be be using only dodge/roll or more cross parry? I tried once earlier to brooch the subject but it's a tad sensitive atm >.>; Looking for some tips from warrior tanks here on how they do it and perhaps any good videos of warrior tanking or the how-to's etc.

Thanks.

Up to level35 I could tank every bam solo without a healer without being hit once. Sometimes I'd take a few hits when learning bams or I'd mess up, but I'd go plenty of bams ending the fights duo as slayer + warrior at 100% hp without using a potion keeping hate 100% of the time. You should be using D stance and blocking every bam as a warrior, you rarely want to dodge any bam 1-35.

I've never played lancer but I don't see how it's different, you block and attack between blocks so you never get hit.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

33~38 is a really bad level range. If you're not rocking the gold 27 you lose a lot of block, so your next upgrade is at 38 where you can get a new gold wep with high block. With that he should be able to block everything the game throws at him again. If he's tanking in a group he should be blocking rather than dodging most stuff to avoid repositioning. That way your groups DPS can abuse crit from behind crystals. If he's getting hit a lot past blocks he might be playing too aggressively, fine if you're comfortable with the BAM/class but when you're still getting used to it you're better to play it safe.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Block most hits, avoid the large ones. War should be worrying less about maximized dps and more about clean tanking and control.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

What are generally considered the best boot enchants at endgame? I like 2x 1.5% movement speed, but I most places I've read suggest 2x +1 endurance, at least for Sorcerors.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    What are generally considered the best boot enchants at endgame? I like 2x 1.5% movement speed, but I most places I've read suggest 2x +1 endurance, at least for Sorcerors.
    imo endurance for lancers/slayers/warriors

movement for priest/mystics/sorcs/zerkers/archers

don't think it matters that much but to each his own

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I personally prefer double endurance, regardless of class.

Old Merits
    BG Level

on Sorc I preferred all movement speed, but of course Sorc aren't "supposed" to get hit, so maneuverability=survivability imo

also I'm just always about movement speed in MMOs, bar using speed hacks lol.

if you're on a class that gets hit more often of course the endurance is going to be better though.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I suppose once you're familiar enough with a fight's mechanics, then you don't need endurance if you're not getting hit, but I still like it because it acts as a safety net in case you fuck up for whatever reason (or are just messing around intentionally) or the boss you're fighting decides to go troll mode. I've seen countless times where my static's Sorc or Priest will survive an attack with sub-2k HP. I think the best one I've seen is where our Priest survived a laser from Queen with 74HP.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiina Cassul
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Icecrown

Ok, I'm starting to do a lot of BGs on my Archer and need some advice on where to start on my Conjunct set. Should I be trying to get the hands, feet, body first (no realy order there) then do weapon? Or do weapon first? I have full fraywind +9 atm.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Endurance for pve, minus movement for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddard View Post
    Ok, I'm starting to do a lot of BGs on my Archer and need some advice on where to start on my Conjunct set. Should I be trying to get the hands, feet, body first (no realy order there) then do weapon? Or do weapon first? I have full fraywind +9 atm.
    With nexus changes and points pouring in now; weapon first. Unless you have literally no bg credits saved up, then get gloves first. Body third. Try to skip conjunct feet for arena.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

What do you guys recommend for bow enchants end-game? I haven't gotten it high enough to figure out rotations at the end, but I assume some combination of Boss / Behind / Enrage / Attack Speed? Which should I ideally aim to get two of?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiina Cassul
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Icecrown

What do you guys recommend for bow enchants end-game? I haven't gotten it high enough to figure out rotations at the end, but I assume some combination of Boss / Behind / Enrage / Attack Speed? Which should I ideally aim to get two of?
    I went double atk from behind, boss and an aspd. But I think it mainly depends on which archer buff you use. I use eagle's eye (lower's movement speed) so I don't lose the attack speed that sniper's eye gives as a debuff.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So finally managed to mw my regentip, currently has boss, boss, enraged, speed, what should I be aiming for?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Keshad View Post
    So finally managed to mw my regentip, currently has boss, boss, enraged, speed, what should I be aiming for?
    Double speed, boss, enrage.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

No longer applicable

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Currently have an imperial reach with behind x2, boss, speed stats and sovereign axe with behind x2, boss, enrage stats. Any suggestions in ideal stats for both? Also us it worth side grading from regent to mayhem or wait for vm/new gear since vm is still sometime off due to friends stopping playing and taking care of a newborn?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Depends what you plan to use VM gear for: PvE or PvP. Most people on MT, spec VM for PvP and then use queen gear for their PvE needs, though there are some that hybrid their weapon for PvE/PvP. I personally upgraded my gear to full Mayhem (I wasn't full regent to begin with so it worked out) and just plan to ride that out until there is a significant upgrade beyond VM for PvE.