Stormrage

Went from 6 to 12.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I really think/hope that this last BWE is going to be *almost* open. If they aren't throwing keys away getting people to try their game for free before it launches i'd be disappointed.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Pre-purchased, hoping its fun since i never played the 1st GW. Looks worth a try at the very least.

Tagus

Quote Originally Posted by Azull View Post
    Pre-purchased, hoping its fun since i never played the 1st GW. Looks worth a try at the very least.
    I just pre-purchased as well. It's gonna be a long two months! Anybody have the low down on picking a server? I've read some conflicting stuff about how it works and which one to pick.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Tagus View Post
    I just pre-purchased as well. It's gonna be a long two months! Anybody have the low down on picking a server? I've read some conflicting stuff about how it works and which one to pick.
    Depends how involved you plan to be in WvW. For PVE, i don't think it really matters since you can basically play on any server you like.

Our guild's favorite thing to do is WvW so we plan on making sure that our server will be highly active in that regard before picking one. Nothing worse than having to beg your own server to represent in WvW.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

But with their matchmaking for WvW hopefully we won't have big mismatches.^

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    But with their matchmaking for WvW hopefully we won't have big mismatches.^
    While that is true, you know there are going to be pure PVE servers that have no interest in WvW. I'd like to avoid those servers.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

They are gonna readjust it every 2 weeks, although like I've mentioned to a few people I HOPE that maybe they do this every week for the first 2 months, just due to how hectic it will be due to launch and thus unstable. Getting stuck in a shitty WvWvW situation for 2 weeks because 1-2 servers got more people than others wouldn't be ideal. They've shown the ability to do it once a day during the BWE so it doesn't seem like an impossible task.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Doesn't matter if they are able to do it every hour/day/week/2weeks if your server has almost zero interest in WvW (very unlikely) and that's one of your main draws to the game that is not the server for you.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

You can fairly easily switch servers though right?

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Actual server change is a Gem expenditure, I believe. You can do it, though.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

http://www.arena.net/blog/choosing-a...n-guild-wars-2

When you log in to the game for the first time, you will have the opportunity to pick any available server, or home world. If you choose to select a home world that is in a different region from where you purchased your game, you will be logged out for a short period of time while your account is moved to your new region. Once you have selected a home world, all the characters you create will play on this world and will represent it in our world-versus-world (WvW) format.

While you can change your home world, there is a limit of one world transfer every seven days per account and a charge of 1,800 gems for each transfer. A world transfer moves all of your existing characters to your new home world. Any subsequent characters you create will also play in this new home world.

When Guild Wars 2 launches, you will also have the option to play with your friends on another world with our free “guesting” feature. With guesting, your characters can play on any world where you have friends—with certain restrictions. For instance, you will not be able to participate in WvW while guesting.

Also http://www.guildwars2junkies.com/201...-eric-flannum/

GW2J: What are your current thoughts in balancing player populations in WvW and the PvE environment? You’ve mentioned that there could potentially be a cap in WvW for each world. Some players are concerned about being locked out during peak times on popular servers. What are your plans to prevent players from being frustrated, and have any of the BWEs so far even reached the population cap for WvW?

Eric: Some worlds have definitely reached the population cap in BWEs. I think it’s a valid issue for players to be concerned about, but our alternative to having caps would be severe performance issues or even server crashes. To help deal with WvW overpopulation, we do have a queuing system specifically for WvW, and there are four maps. Players who wish to play in the center map can queue for it while playing in one of the home maps, or even PvE. We will also have a period of time when the game launches where we will allow players to change worlds with reduced costs. We hope that during this time, players who wish to avoid queues in WvW will spread out to less populated worlds and not have to worry about queues. If queuing in WvW continues to be a major problem, then we will definitely look into further solutions.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Just when I was accepting the fact I wasn't able to buy this for release, then I get a £300 tax rebay.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...IS%20READY.png

Anyone who may still be on the fence about pre-purchasing, you can get it for 44.97 at http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/e...al-edition-na/ with code 25OFF-ALLTH-EGAME . Only lasts 3 days so get it while you can.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Is this confirmed? Because I plan to put GW2 on my SSD but don't want to yet if gonna have to uninstall for retail. The reason I am hesitant is because the game is like 5 files ATM. So do they plan to have an optimization patch that breaks everything up?

If they are keeping the same structure as the original GW, it will remain 5 files and be read from one massive dat file.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Thanks for the link Zerocool, although GMG seemed to have denied my payment info for whatever reason... will probably try again when I'm home with another CC.

Anyone ever have any problems with billing and that site? I know the card I tried works...

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Is this confirmed? Because I plan to put GW2 on my SSD but don't want to yet if gonna have to uninstall for retail. The reason I am hesitant is because the game is like 5 files ATM. So do they plan to have an optimization patch that breaks everything up?
    If you're still using the original BWE1 client then you should probably reinstall anyways. That first client didn't actually install anywhere so i was having issues using a few programs that couldn't detect the game. I reinstalled a few days ago and the client actually asks for an install path in C:/Programs/Guild Wars 2 now.