FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

What's missing in Tera?

Trying to compile a list of things that could be improved in Tera for a future BG poll.

What I have so far:
    - Guild oriented events.
    - Large scale events (10+ players). Kinda somewhat planned... I think? http://tera.hangame.com/t4UpdatePart2.nhn
    - Epic storyline.

Feel free to post all your QQ in this thread...

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

There are a lot of things missing from Tera. You already mentioned a few, but here are a few more.

1. Comprehensive Guild Controls
    2. Decent PvP
    3. An Economy not completely based on Enchantment Fodder and Crystals
    4. Auxiliary Content to participate in when not doing Dailies or Running Dungeons. (There is absolutely nothing to do in the game to keep you occupied when not participating in the "required" endgame content.)
    5. The Promised Guild Housing
    6. Decent Communication from EME/BHS

There are many more issues the game has, but these are the top of my current list of missing things in the game. They need to fix a few things as well, but these are what I consider completely missing.

I think the biggest one of those is the "Auxiliary Content". I had thought this Egg event may give us something else to do, but by limiting it to 5-9pm weekdays it doesn't even really do that. If I login after work and my group is not around, I have all of 2 things to do. My increasingly tedious and boring dailies (I hate Metzen and whoever else over at Blizzard for coming up with the shitty ass daily quest concept.) Then I can go inside BT and kill Sloth's every 2 hours and call that "farming". In my other longterm MMOs I always had something to do. Whether it was doing a random dungeon (having a cd however short on a normal dungeon prevents randoming without friends and the difficulty and length of dungeons in Tera precludes wanting to deal with Pugs) or camping a rare, lottery spawning an NM or trying to get that random mount in WoW there was always little extra things to do. Even XI gave us Besieged, Campaign, BCNM and the capability to solo/lowman a whole heck of a lot of things of worth. Tera just does not have that yet. I truly hope that it will get some of this level of fun and get it soon.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

obviously, the korean style elins clothing... and nipples...!

*ahem* >.>

1. Party ability to vote to kick the leader if the leader is afk (currently you can't do anything cept leave the group or wait...)

2. Ability to turn off spell effects and player models (show only those grey outline models)

3. Castanic female ass needs jiggle physics like boobs

4. Make it easier to lvl from lv 50-> 57, the scaling on mob damage/health scales to some obscene levels in those ranges.

5. LFG should work more like warcrafts, if someone doesn't "accept" a group invite from the lfg within say 30 seconds, then the group is never started and the lfg looks for another.

6. PK'ers should show on mini radar like the campfires so you can tell where they are from a long distance

7. Combat log should display spell/ability name you were hit by!

8. I demand school girl uniform for castanics, elins have it.

9. Game needs a "hear audio while in background" option

10. I should be able to see my character still when zoomed up on it really close, also I'd like the camera to go to the floor and view up, for more uhh, epic view angles

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Penalty on death should be much less severe. I think this is more an issue with them removing the eggs and machines or something though causing crystal prices to be way higher than they should be though. I never played the Korean version, but I keep seeing this come up. >.>

Looks like my other complaints were mostly already covered here though. =x

I love the combat in this game so much, but when looking at the content, it really feels like we only got half a game.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

The game is only 2 months old here, so there's a ton missing. Granted, its been out in Korea for more than a year. Here's some things that pop to mind.

- More cosmetic items like swimsuits, uniforms, maybe even costumes. More fireworks and community events.
    - More motions/emotes.
    - Lamias and Harpies. Seriously, FFXI had lamias and that's not even a M rated game.
    - More endgame content, but that will come with time.
    - Battlegrounds, and better PvP rules.
    - More of my friends playing.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Oh, I guess another minor complaint would be crafting, but they did just boost how many levels you get, so, I can't really complain as much as before. Having the "hard" part of crafting be 250-300 is just silly. I don't mind it getting really difficult near the end, but at that point where you can't even realistically farm the materials you need due to reduced drop rates, that is just lame. I know you can just buy them, but I like actually farming stuff for myself. >.>

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'd say as far as PvP goes, it needs a more focused objective and tweaks to actually make people go out and fight. Right now, it has a very sandbox nature to it where events and such need to be player created. Both a good and bad thing depending on how you look at it though.

Fix the level 54-57 questing...ugh I hate this shit.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

1) A better reputation from the devs for not lying about content (PVP system, ect.)
    2) Better/meaningful PVP
    3) Better concepts across the board (IE. eliminating stupid concepts like safe quest hubs on PVP servers)
    4) More things to do aside from Grinding gear and grinding mats through instances/farming/ect.

Guild Members

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

- The combat of Tera
    - The stuff to do of FFXI
    - The...cutscenes of ToR?
    - The job leveling system of Ragnarok
    - The hugenorgemoungous battles of Aion

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Indalecia View Post
    - The combat of Tera
    - The stuff to do of FFXI
    - The...cutscenes of ToR?
    - The job leveling system of Ragnarok
    - The hugenorgemoungous battles of Aion
    I couldn't agree more. Boiling it down to 5 statements is anything if not genius.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Oh yeah.. I dunno if I'm somehow missing it or not but a search by "level required to use" would be really nice, search by Ilvl sucks >.>

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Oh yeah.. I dunno if I'm somehow missing it or not but a search by "level required to use" would be really nice, search by Ilvl sucks >.>
    Think you can do this in the top left corner of the AH. It has 2 boxes with 0 and 60 in them for min and max level.

I think the pacing is fine, it's just completely and terribly boring to do. I had lots of fun the first time around, I was a lancer and partied with at least a sorc or berserker and we wrecked shit.

Second time around completely solo and I was bored shitless wanting to tear my hair out. Question as progression just isn't fun, I especially hate having most of the need to party while leveling up taken out because most people would rather solo the area. Maybe I just need a more populated server or something. There needs to be alternate routes or hell, just some interesting quests. Hell, why can't quests be longer, give more exp and just generally be fun? I shouldn't have to do thousands of quests just to reach level 60.

Leveling up just isn't fun, there needs to be at least 1-2 more viable alternatives that could be fun. I can't even get more jobs past 20-30 just because I get so bored of the same leveling grind again and again.

TERA's strongest aspect is the battle system, but they mire the fighting in all this boring shit, tedium and grinding. I like TERA's combat, I just don't like TERA as a complete game.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Think you can do this in the top left corner of the AH. It has 2 boxes with 0 and 60 in them for min and max level.
    ah your right, I always check the upper right side since it has like, all the various search functions O_o

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    I guess the fact that anyone complains about "grinding" in TERA is mind boggling to me. I guess that's because my first MMO was NA release ffxi and after that anything is cake. Guess not everyone had that experience, though.
    The level grinding was way too easy. The grinding I have a problem with was at lvl 60 when you basically repeat the same 2 instances a mind numbing amount of times along with the same dumb daily quests everyday. That grind is stupid.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Itemization is done very poorly in Tera IMO, making it way too easy to min-max, and very few upgrade paths, so to speak. I understand in MMOs, people will always try to min-max, but I feel it's way too easy to do it in this game, to the extent that most everyone will be carbon copies of each other (outside of maybe the +3/6/9/12 buffs).

- Too few gear slots, upgrades are always either (body, sleeves, feet, ring, earring, necklace)
    - Gear stats are too rigid

For example, sleeves always give crit, boots always run speed, and body usually some sort of damage mitigation (minor variations once you hit 60). Earrings always defense, necklace and rings always offense. Because there is no variation, at least for the jewelry, all classes pretty much goes for the same piece outside of some minor preferences. All level 60s will probably end up with the same set of jewelry except for the random rolls.
    - Better/more useful crystal variations. As I see it, most "buff while <condition>" crystals are pretty useless (the ones besides "while behind"). Some more usable crystals would allow for more variety.
    - Better/more useful glyph choices. Pretty much same as the crystals above, too many are way too conditional.

That being said, I do think the +3/6/9/12 buffs idea is pretty neat.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

this isn't a go back and fourth complaint - debate thread (a thread for that already exists). Its a thread to list what is wrong w/ the game. Don't make me need to move posts around please

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Nexus events for people that go outside during the weekend