Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 118 of 205 FirstFirst ... 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 128 168 ... LastLast
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I started playing again last week after 5 years. I just wanted too say Thank you so much for the links on the first page!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

What's the deal with ADL clone timing? I saw some videos of dnc soloing him with extended skill chains, taking 50+ seconds from the point they start damaging him to kill. When I try to do the same thing with blu 1hr, he clones at 20-25s in. Is it just damage based?

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Can the new popped mega bosses of dynamis zones be staggered? Eying that refresh grip but wondering if I should TH it up or just something to proc it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Can the new popped mega bosses of dynamis zones be staggered? Eying that refresh grip but wondering if I should TH it up or just something to proc it.
    TH

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I haven't done Odin II since coming back. What's it like these days? Can I solo on BST? Can it be lowmanned easily?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lrak Sevenspears
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I logged in after 3 years (rolled a new char in 2012) and I am gimp as shit with my nin, talking a couple of pieces from abyssea and I stopped playing before adoulin. All the different storage options are pretty awesome too!

I just want to mainly potter around doing misc. missions and quests, maxing stuff out etc, but it'd be nice to have some up to date gear that's not too hardcore to obtain. I probably log in 1-2 times a week and don't really have the time to dedicate to spending x amount of time obtaining gear, just have fun really. Been reading the first link in the op (great link btw) and I'm thinking maybe delve or roe is the way to go?

New Merits
    BG Level

RoE remembers mission progress etc, so you can clear a bunch of them right away to get sparks to buy some i117 gear, for NIN that is the Outrider set. Also get a katana from the RoE npc and you'll be ready to start running around Adoulin. Delve is good for accessories and some gear pieces, but an easier and usually better option is Yorcia Weald Alluvion Skirmish. That is a lot of words that are nonsense but look it up or have someone bring you along (there's no entry requirement besides being able to get to the entrance). This is a pretty simple event that yields i119 armor and weapons that can be augmented to be some of the best pieces in game. There are some better options from other events, but this is the best way to get geared and comfortable to be able to do those events, and you don't need any kind of special gear to do alluvion yorcia; there's no boss fights, it's all farming trash mobs. Pop items for skirmish should be really cheap now as we've just had a month of increased drop rates, so it might be a good time to stock up since you're going to need a good number of runs.

Besides that, you can now learn Blade: Hi for use on any weapon, not just emp, so look into that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lrak Sevenspears
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

that's brilliant, thank you very much

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So what's this Mog Pell thing we're gonna get? Gonna assume you can only pick one thing and that Trizek Ring absolutely destroys the competition?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Oh I can't wait to see if I don't get the thing, since I have no idea if my account is hooked up to a SE account or whatever garbage. (I spent like an hour going through those menus trying to make sure yesterday and I get a bunch of "you need to seek customer support if you want to transfer this account".) But yeah, I'd think Trizek would be hard to pass up for anybody that doesn't have one. Other things may provide a quick fix for one weapon/armor or something, but you'll get a lot of mileage out of Trizek.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I haven't done Odin II since coming back. What's it like these days? Can I solo on BST? Can it be lowmanned easily?
    Going to answer my own question here in case people need/want Odin items or abjs for update.

BST + PLD + GEO clears easily. Bolster Frailty + literally anything (I used attunement) + Unleash Tegmina Buffet. PLD exists to hold stuff after pet gets OHKO by Z. Kai. Went through 3 pets. Took probably 2 minutes total. Got my ring so fuck going back, but was pretty fun.

Campaign
    BG Level

This might be the appropriate thread.
    I'm starting to get annoyed at Manibozho Brais, which I still use on some jobs for the following purposes

1. DEX based WS (normal set)
    2. Some non-DEX based WS (acc set)
    3. TP Acc on some jobs

Is there a single item piece I can use to replace Manibozho Brais in all these roles?
    Closest I can think of is Taeon Tights, but it looks more like a situationally better sidegrade. Not sure I can judge it worth the effort, if I'm gonna get minimal increases for such a huge effort/cost.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I'm starting to get annoyed at Manibozho Brais, which I still use on some jobs for the following purposes

3. TP Acc on some jobs

Is there a single item piece I can use to replace Manibozho Brais in all these roles?
    Closest I can think of is Taeon Tights, but it looks more like a situationally better sidegrade. Not sure I can judge it worth the effort, if I'm gonna get minimal increases for such a huge effort/cost.
    depends which jobs rawhide trousets have a DEX +10 augment on it coupled with STR and something else, dont remember the base stats of it tough

Campaign
    BG Level

Oh forgot about those.
    Job-wise it's perfect, it has all the jobs I need.
    The DEX is nice, it also has a very high STR value (40), 17 more than Manibozho.
    Sadly it lacks accuracy and attack (-11 acc than Mani, -21 att).

Wish some of those stats could've been allocated differently. I don't need Magic Accuracy, Tactical Parry or Enhancing Magic (or INT!) on those melee jobs.
    /sigh

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post

3. TP Acc on some jobs

Taeon blows away manibozho for all but DEX based ws in that list, and possibly that too if you get a good ws damage + augment with dusk. I don't know which job(s) you're using for the DEX ws but for THF AF pants 119 are better for evis and for WS stacked with SA/TA.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    Taeon blows away manibozho for all but DEX based ws in that list, and possibly that too if you get a good ws damage + augment with dusk. I don't know which job(s) you're using for the DEX ws but for THF AF pants 119 are better for evis and for WS stacked with SA/TA.
    The main use I have for Manibozho atm is 1) in that list. Could be missing something but I think it's just Rudra's Storm, Evisceration (DNC) and Blade: Shun (NIN)
    2) and 3) is just something I have in acc sets in some jobs.

The thing is I'm having troubles in finding a good compromise for Taeon. WS damage would be the best for Rudra maybe, but it would suck on Shun and Evisceration.
    Crit dmg/crit rate would be nice for Evis, but suck for Rudra and Shun. Attack is less important for Evis, but matters a lot for Rudra and especially Shun.
    I was thinking about Taeon with the following augments:
    Snow: Att/Acc+20
    Leaf: TA+2%
    Dusk: DEX+10 (STR/DEX+7 probably close to that)

With such a setup Taeon would be greatly superior for 3), probably superior for 2) and I think it should be superior for 1) as well, altough probably not too far given 2 less STR and -8 attack.
    Leaf slot is easy peasy.
    But the idea of getting perfect aug with Snow and Dusk kinda... kills my motivation at the thought of how many stones I would need. Maybe I just have a strong bias given how I've spent over 70 mils in other augments and walked out with shit, mostly, but I'm kinda burned out with random augmentation systems, if you get what I mean.

Considering I obtained multiple copies of Taeon Tights eons ago, that's probably the reason why they're still in my Storage, bare, looking at me.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    So what's this Mog Pell thing we're gonna get? Gonna assume you can only pick one thing and that Trizek Ring absolutely destroys the competition?
    Each character gets one, so if you have mules, they'll get Pells too. The Trizek and Escad rings are sendable across the same account, so if you have mules, I'd recommend acquiring said rings on them and send them to yourself. That is, assuming you want any of the Trust Ciphers, which cannot be sent. Most are fairly unremarkable, except Moogle (invincible, just grants Refresh aura and magic skill up rate bonus), and Kupofried (exp bonus aura).

Skirmish wings are also not sendable, so if you pick those on a character, they'll need to get to Adoulin/Yorcia to make any use of them. Dusk stones are going to be the top money item, assuming the price doesn't crash hard from people with many mules acquiring countless stacks of them.

Kevin Lowe's Sock Account
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

About the Trizek / Escad Rings being sendable, apparently that was ninja fixed or something according to lolAH site.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Nah, still sendable, I just checked.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

yeah they are sendable but with the rare tag that's not as crazy as it sound. Like you can start use one before you leave town and then grab one out of your dbox which is nice but often not worth coming back to town when one wears off and if you had were able to just pre use one you even take away that bonus. Like often if I think I might want xp/cp on the character the next day I'll use the ring before I go to bed or maybe when I get up in the morning and they last forever. Should also note the game actually lets you use the ring even if you have the dedication effect up. As far as I can tell it just overwrites