BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Falisa View Post
    Hey, I just came back to the game after quitting back in summer of 2009. I am addicted again and can't get enough of the game, but one thing I am having trouble with and thought maybe this thread would be the best to ask it in for future reference for other people.

Since there's a shit ton of gear that I am having to sort though and learn, it is a bit overwhelming on deciding what I should be working towards for gearing up my scholar. Does anyone have any advice on what pieces are good to work towards for healing/nuking/whatever would work for scholar outside of AF3+2? Or just anything in general you think would be some good advice. I'm frustrating myself that whenever someone is like "so what items do you need to get?" and I never have a concrete answer to give them.
    You have some more sets in my sig, that are pretty much ok, but slightly outdated in some parts thanks to NeoNyzul gear that I didn't get.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I recently re-upped my subscription after a two-year break; I played from 2004 to 2006 and from 2008 to 2010. I'm on Leviathan right now, but all my friends have quit, I'm LS-less, and Leviathan is a pretty incestuous server. Everyone has made it to 99 and it's very daunting for a person who has just resubbed in uncharted waters.

I play the game to do missions/quests, and level my jobs. Right now I have a MNK and BLM in the 70's and I would like to eventually level up my RDM, BRD, DNC, etc.

If anyone has a shell that has what I'm looking for, I would greatly appreciate an invite, I'll switch servers if I have to. I'm pretty lost right now.

Straight Ca$h Homie
    BG Level

Come to Bismarck. We got a spam LS of resubbed players that are having a lot of fun just shooting the shit together. You can look me up (Gambino) or Tyven, Mizango, Mertron, Abandon, or even Headspace for a pearl

Old Merits
    BG Level

I'm currently in the process of getting my game set up after two or three years of absence and I'm going to start over. Going take me some time since I forgot my SE ID, but I wasn't planning on playing until the end of the month anyway since I've got a vacation coming up.

However, I've been wondering, was FFXI the game where everyone was charged for subscription fees at the same time of the month or will the day vary based on when I reactivate my account?
    Which reminds me, do you still need World Passes to pick certain servers or are any servers blocked right now?

Also, I'll probably focus on my old jobs, PLD, DRG and PUP since I've always loved soloing and just doing somewhat productive random stuff, is that still as feasible as it was in ~2009 and have any job combinations in those situations changed significantly?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The old billing system was that everyone was billed at the start of the month, for a full month, regardless of when the account was reactivated. The new billing system gives you access for 30 days from the day you pay your fee. Everyone is now on their own 30 day timer.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

If you have no home after resubscribing just pony up the money and transfer to Bismarck and join ShotsFired with the rest of us.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

just out of curiosity, did anyone that started over get their Destrier Beret? Saw on the SE forums they know the issue and are "looking into it." Just wondering if contacting SE directly would let them mogmail me it or something?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefan View Post
    The old billing system was that everyone was billed at the start of the month, for a full month, regardless of when the account was reactivated. The new billing system gives you access for 30 days from the day you pay your fee. Everyone is now on their own 30 day timer.
    Thanks you! That's good to know, middle of the month would have been a terrible time to reactivate.

Managed to reactivate everything now, had to contact the customer support for my SE ID, then had to contact them again because my POL ID was linked to an old SE Account I used for the beta, but the support was quite awesome this time around. Didn't even give me any trouble for not knowing my POL registration code anymore.
    Now I went and resubsribed already, just missing out on a week anyway, far too bored right now.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Whats a good way to level 1~50 now a days solo on jobs that arent great at solo that level, without using abyssea, reliably?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    Whats a good way to level 1~50 now a days solo on jobs that arent great at solo that level, without using abyssea, reliably?
    fields of valor. small white book by the exits of zones.choose a quest you like (kill x mob) and set it to repeat. at 12 though, I would head to gusgen mines. there's a fields of valor party going there almost nonstop, it's very fast exp if theres enough people doing it.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is there a guide type of thing for a recommended leveling path using FoV?
    I still have to get MNK, DRK, DRG, PUP, and BLU from 37 to 49 for shits and giggles.
    I see otherwikis list of FoV, but havent seen a guide for a path.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

gusgen to 35/40 then CN to 50

There's another new players discussion not linked in the OP, I don't know why it isn't, but I do know that the vast majority of questions you could possibly come up with are answered in there lol

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Come to Bismarck. We got a spam LS of resubbed players that are having a lot of fun just shooting the shit together. You can look me up (Gambino) or Tyven, Mizango, Mertron, Abandon, or even Headspace
    rofl

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    just out of curiosity, did anyone that started over get their Destrier Beret? Saw on the SE forums they know the issue and are "looking into it." Just wondering if contacting SE directly would let them mogmail me it or something?
    Let me know if you figure this out.

I convinced my brother to start over, and he can't get his beret either.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Beret Issues: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...476#post337476

Short form, they're working on it, your codes are still good.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Jesus Christ, is it just me or is the placement of some of the new high level monsters somewhat problematic? Nearly had a heart attack when I went around the corner in Outer Horutoto Ruins. Are there any other low level missions/quests where this becomes an issue? Wasn't really planning on spending a fortune on powders/oils right off the bat.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

There is a lot of low level content where the monsters will outright kill you if they see you now. Dangruf Wadi is another problematic zone. SE's solution to this was to provide "Circumspection" (Sneak and Invisible) at the Fields Tomes, but in my experience that's still pretty insufficient.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Can't assess how it is in the other areas, but at least in the case of Horutoto I was able to entirely avoid the goblins by using an alternate route. The fact that you receive Circumspection at the entrance of the dungeon when there's doors that you cannot click while invisible seems somewhat counter-productive, but maybe that's why they placed the aggressive sight aggro mobs so you'd be able to avoid bumping into them? Maybe just a coincidence, but I guess I'll find out soon enough. At the very least, rather boring quests and missions have become quite exciting.

Anyway, thanks for the tip regarding Circumspection! No way I can afford oil/powder when they're going for 20k/stack, that's more than my Blaze Spikes will earn me.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Lepetit89 View Post
    Jesus Christ, is it just me or is the placement of some of the new high level monsters somewhat problematic? Nearly had a heart attack when I went around the corner in Outer Horutoto Ruins. Are there any other low level missions/quests where this becomes an issue? Wasn't really planning on spending a fortune on powders/oils right off the bat.
    Duuuude. I was messing around in the basement of Shitadel and holy shit at the new IT++ bats and bombs at the bottom near Serket. I dropped down and almost shat a goddamn brick. Luckily I had oil and gtfo of that bitch. Fuck that placement lol

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 205 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast