#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So right now is supposed to be the Gain Experience Limited-Time challenge, however it's not switching over for me. I still have "Vanquish Lizards" as my LT. I read that if I wasn't logged in when the new challenge started, that I wouldn't get it, but I was logged in when it was supposed to switch over and nada. I know it can't be that I have to finish it, because I've seen my LT challenge switch countless times over the past week while not doing them. Am I missing something?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It 'just' switched over for me now.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Derp. Daylight Savings. Of course.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Doesn't require the killshot I'd hope as normal learning methods require? I did a couple WKRs yesterday, and it's just Trust-city over there.
    Other than the open structure of the event, with no party/alliance having exclusive claim over the mob, I'm not sure what you mean. Regardless, no, you don't. I've learned a couple of them via WKRs, and I've always been either solo or dual boxing.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

To learn spells in Besieged your party needed to get the killshot on the monster despite it being an free-for-all event. I'm unsure if they changed it in the forty years ToAU's been released, but that's how it was in the beginning.

That said, you don't need killshot for Naakual spells in WKR.

You can buy AF upgrade items with Sparks (Rem Tales), skill up books (gives you like 0.1~0.4 of a combat/magic skill) and I'm sure there's some way you can make gil off o it by NPCing weapons/armor.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A wild rocl magical reapeared in the FFXI Forums x.x

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Is there a flowchart of SoA gear tiers floating about? If so, it's something the Returning Players guide on the bgwiki could use badly to help people get up to speed with how to obtain them, and which NPCs are involved, without sifting through old threads/wiki-surfin as I just did.

From what I've gathered we got
    -Two tiers of Bayld gear
    -One tier of Eminence armor + Weapons
    -Skirmish 1 weapons, random augments, +1able
    -Skirmish 2 gear, random augments, +1able
    -WKR gear, augmentable, + improved Delve1/2 versions
    -Delve 1/2 gear, augmentable
    -Stuff from hardmode fights
    -Reforged AF, +1able
    -Reforged Relic, +1able

SoA's gear progression is a bit of a clusterfuck to the uninformed.

In unrelated news, seems like I'm fucked on ever doing AA fights for gear I need unless I level up one of the jobs in demand which seems to be geared PLD/BRD/RNG/COR/WHM.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

So the new expansion/patch finally got me to re-install and re-activate. Curious, has anyone found a way to speed up the stupid POL patching/installing or am I still stuck waiting a couple hours for it to patch up?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Best to just do it overnight when you sleep. There was a complete patch thread on these forums but I don't think it has been updated in a while.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

From what I've gathered we got
    -Four tiers of Bayld gear (ilvl 100, 106, 109, 117)
    -One tier of Eminence armor + Weapons
    -Skirmish 1 weapons, random augments, +1able, +2able
    -Skirmish 2 gear, random augments, +1able
    -Alluvion Skirmish weapons, 2 randomish augments - with armor planned in further iterations with more augs
    -WKR gear, augmentable, + improved Delve1/2 versions
    -Reive JSE capes
    -Delve 1/2 gear, augmentable
    -Stuff from hardmode fights
    -Reforged AF, +1able
    -Reforged Relic, +1able
    Added a few things in bold. But yeah, I'd imagine it's annoying for those who have been out of the loop for a long time to have a good idea of what's available.

Campaign
    BG Level

In unrelated news, seems like I'm fucked on ever doing AA fights for gear I need unless I level up one of the jobs in demand which seems to be geared PLD/BRD/RNG/COR/WHM.
    Not sure that's still the case Kaisha, for two main reasons:

1) They can be done with different setups. Kese on our served did them on NIN for instance. But other setups can be used too, RDM can heal, GEO can take the place of a BRD or COR and so on.
    2) On normal difficulty the amount of setups you can use becomes very large, and lately I see quite a lot of Normal shouts. People on these board might tell you "VD or it's not worth bothering with it", but given your situation... why not? Normal is better than nothing.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by IsakaTenshou View Post
    So the new expansion/patch finally got me to re-install and re-activate. Curious, has anyone found a way to speed up the stupid POL patching/installing or am I still stuck waiting a couple hours for it to patch up?
    From now till the 17th you can DL the full game install for free, (no codes included) I donno if you had disks still or steam or w/e but it might be more up to date than what you have. Of course you still have to dl them so that won't save a lot of time compared to just patching it. But here's the link in case you want it, or anyone else does. http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/dow...stall_win.html

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I have a question, I came back from a year break, and my augmented items just have an arrow pointing down in the gear desciption box. How do I make it show the augments?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Hit your menu button of choice. So '-' on the numpad if you're using the full keyboard layout, for example.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

How do you get Sakura the choco chick to appear for purchase in grounds tomes. Wiki says do the initiation quest, and it should appear for 300 tabs, however it isnt there. Am I missing something?

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arceo2400 View Post
    How do you get Sakura the choco chick to appear for purchase in grounds tomes. Wiki says do the initiation quest, and it should appear for 300 tabs, however it isnt there. Am I missing something?
    It's associated with a special campaign focusing on trusts, it doesn't appear otherwise. I think one such campaign is coming up soon.

edit: yeah, starting on Sept. 10

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arceo2400 View Post
    I think that was a limited time campaign along with the puppets.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Yeah, Sakura and the two puppets was the 2nd extravaganza thing. Like Priran posted above, you can get all the previous extravaganza alter egos on the 10th until the 17th. You can also pick one of the login campaign alter egos or the moogle from the red mog pell thing for having logged in once between July 1st and Aug 31st.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Just coming back after a long break. Where do I even start with Sam? I saw some af upgrades that I'll be working on, what about for weapons?

Is amanomurakame relatively easy to get now? How long would it take assuming I'd solo dynamics as Dnc or Sam.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Delve gkt takes a poop on amano and is cheap as free