Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 82 of 205 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 ... LastLast
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yea especially if you consider adapting to situations one of your main goals, like if you see your party get slowed throwing a indi haste out while the party gets rehasted is really clutch type of stuff

Atheist Douchebag.
    Pony Slayer of the House of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Bought the last expansion. Where's all my free gear pls?

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Look for Alluvion shout, enter, leech free gear, win!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quick dumb question. What is the best, easily accessible stun staff? I think I used an Apamajas +1 for this. It's been so long and I'm getting old and can't remember (plus I haven't played in a while)

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by mistmonster View Post
    Quick dumb question. What is the best, easily accessible stun staff? I think I used an Apamajas +1 for this. It's been so long and I'm getting old and can't remember (plus I haven't played in a while)
    Apajamas sucks now because it doesn't have magic acc for ilvl content. check the FFXIAH forum SCH guide, should have up to date sets on the front page, or in comments in the last pages.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    Apajamas sucks now because it doesn't have magic acc for ilvl content. check the FFXIAH forum SCH guide, should have up to date sets on the front page, or in comments in the last pages.
    I did look, but I'm more interested in what I can do today. So by that statement the Eminent Staff is probably better?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by mistmonster View Post
    I did look, but I'm more interested in what I can do today. So by that statement the Eminent Staff is probably better?
    yes

BG Level

This game feels so weird to me now, and bear in mind, I hadn't touched this game since 2011...

1. Linkshell 1 and 2. What does that even mean? It doesn't matter since I'm alone in my shell and only keep the 2nd because it wasn't actually broken even though it was last used in 2010, lol.

2. Shouts... Now when you shout it goes to every zone? Or every town zone only?

3. The warp crystal/home points. Is there any incentive to getting them all? I was collecting them in the starter towns but at the same time was like "why would I ever want to warp to that specific spot?"

4. In terms of getting the things required to get to the new areas, I assume I can do that solo? If I understand I just need to go somewhere, click a thing, even though I know some zones have changed the mobs/levels from what I knew before.

I honestly feel more lost than ever before. It's kind of fun, but I also wish I knew what the hell to do.

Also, this Mog Case/Sack... is that just more inventory or what? Just how much inventory can one have?

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

1. You can have two active shells on. /ls will default to the first one and /ls2 for the sec. They have different color text so you can tell them apart.

2. Yells go to all major cities. They are linked. Shouts are zone only.

3. Yes. Because running around for quests is fucking annoying. Saved me a monster amount of time doing CoP and ZM.

4. I don't understand what you mean. The connector quest to Adoulin starts across from the Lower Jeuno AH in the building. One of the chicks will tell you about a permit or something, you can do the quest or pay a million gil. Do the quest, super simple.

Mog Case / Sack. More room. I don't know the cap but I think it matches whatever your gobbiebag is so 80 should be cap for both? I'll google it.

BG Level

Thanks! I guess it was yells, not shouts that I saw. I was so confused seeing things from Adoulin when I was in Jeuno and vice versa. I did manage to do that quest, but was like "why are there DC crawlers in Shakrami?"

Considering the extra storage, why haven't they got rid of that idiotic price for whatever extra storage they implemented with ToAU?

Atheist Douchebag.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zetanio Breaux
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Thanks! I guess it was yells, not shouts that I saw. I was so confused seeing things from Adoulin when I was in Jeuno and vice versa. I did manage to do that quest, but was like "why are there DC crawlers in Shakrami?"

Considering the extra storage, why haven't they got rid of that idiotic price for whatever extra storage they implemented with ToAU?
    I don't know I've never used it.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You mean the Mog Locker? Just trade a stack of 99 Imperial Bronze Pieces, which are pretty damn easy to get, and your locker lease is good for like, 18 months real time.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    You mean the Mog Locker? Just trade a stack of 99 Imperial Bronze Pieces, which are pretty damn easy to get, and your locker lease is good for like, 18 months real time.
    I'm a little more "frugal" about it. I keep a stack of coins in my safe and trade one whenever I need something from the locker. Probably would never matter, but I feel like I'm saving something.

BG Level

Yeah, locker is the one I was thinking of. I couldn't remember the names of each of those. That said, it seems silly that I come back to the game after 4 years and there are two entirely new and free things, and the locker still requires a bronze piece per 5 days or something like that. I was never overloaded with IS back in the day anyway because I spent most of my time leveling in campaign (lol), dominion ops, or abyssea parties.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Yeah, locker is the one I was thinking of. I couldn't remember the names of each of those. That said, it seems silly that I come back to the game after 4 years and there are two entirely new and free things, and the locker still requires a bronze piece per 5 days or something like that. I was never overloaded with IS back in the day anyway because I spent most of my time leveling in campaign (lol), dominion ops, or abyssea parties.
    Aged system they never got around to fixing. They also added the wardrobe(80 slots for armor) since then. Bronzepieces are pretty cheap on the AH, and IS is easy with besieged these days. Last like 10 minutes and you can get a few thousand IS. Plus copper vouchers can be turned in for IS if you are so inclined.

BG Level

ToAU was such an odd expansion for me because I tended to like things that nobody did, and didn't like the things that most did. Lolibri/mamool ja merit PTs were just so boring to me, and unless I was on cor and pissing away cash, I didn't care for that. I didn't like the pudding camp for blm... I went to the other side of the zone to chain wamouras - Reapz, if you're still here, hi! I actually really liked besieged besides the lamias. I despised assault in general, but it may also be because I was late to the game with that/Nyzul and would pretty much only do "Golden Salvage" for points to do "Slavage".

I suppose I can stop having 30+ items locked up in my delivery box now (I thought I would have lost everything with the deactivation/reactivation). When I looked through my inventories, I was like "wow, these were cool items 10 years ago or for level caps!" I should probably sell half that rubbish to vendors.

Home point crystals appear in all sorts of places as well, not just towns. protocrystal entrances? BC entrances? sea, sky, etc? you name it, there's probably a home point crystal, geomagnetic fount, ergon locus thingie, voidwatch tele, or survival guide that will get you there in a split second (for a nominal fee). Kinda wish there was a way to condense them all into one menu, as categories though. kind of annoying keeping track of which tele is used to go where. XD

BG Level

Oh lordy... Well, I guess I have something to keep me occupied if I want to spend a few hours doing mindless things this week. At least they're marked on the map, so I can find them with ease. I still find it weird that some of those zones (towns, particularly) have like 3-4 different ones. N Sandy is one that stood out to me. Just put the crystal somewhere between the old conquest warp guy and MH on the east, and the one at the west gate is fine. Why is there one in front of the castle or in the guild area?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Control t brings up tell
    Control p brings up party
    Control s brings up say
    Control u brings up unity
    Control l brings up linkshell 1
    How the hell do you bring up /l2?

BG Level

I did remember how to set a lsmes, but if I were at least a sack in the 2nd, that might have been awkward. I seriously take for granted so many things in terms of just movement and ordinary functions that I did via controller before. Hitting + to be able to pull up the chat log or * to do something, I never would have thought.