Graduate of the BG School of FFXI
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Misses Beansman
    FFXIV Server
    Adamantoise
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So I'm building a empyrean for the first time since 2011 can someone explain to me how the nm parts of the trials were changed. Did they just remove the respawn time restriction on the lotto pop nms?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Most if not all have had the respawn times severely reduced. Been awhile since I did it but don't think anything is over an hour now. As opposed to the like 18 hours I spent back in the day to get 1 bugbear kill

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah across the board NM respawns were greatly reduced with the exception of Tiamat/Jorm/Vrtra and Hyrda/Cerb/Khim. Those are still on the 3-7 day window but nobody really kills them anyway.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Really productive weekend.
    1) Finally got my Goldsmith's Torque from those chests. Almost sad that I don't really have hunt another one of these for a long time.

2) Finished the RoE Intermediate Quests using the guide on the BG Wiki. By far one of the best guides on the wiki for a returning player.
    - 2a. Getting the fame for Seeker's sucked and probably could have used a disclaimer for this roadblock. My server didn't have Twitheryn wings for sale, so I had to farm them myself. Even with /thf I would probably get 3 wings at chain #30 in Foret.
    - 2b. Doing the Wildskeeper rieve was literal insanity. First off, the key item cost me 30,000 Bayld to obtain. All the info I saw doesn't even have 30,000 in the price range lol. Second, I did 0 research on the mobs, I just figured the bee would be easiest, but I mistakenly went in with MNK/DNC instead of MNK/NIN (assuming shadows will absorb some damage. Wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't). I was fighting this thing solo with 5 trusts from about 75% when I entered the zone. I could barely hit it, had to keep disengaging to re-summon trusts because /retr <stpc> wasn't working(no farewell text and no desummon), HATE RESET, and so much more going on than any fight I've done solo in a long time. Easily 20 minutes of non-stop fighting the boss, fighting my keyboard, and fighting in-game trust summoning animations before I managed to kill it.
    - 2c. The 10 kills in Skirmishes were the most braindead thing I've done on ff since reinstalling. But once the Alluvion Skirmish in Yorcia hit... went in blind 2 times and laughed at myself once I read the actual content page. Luckily, this was easy to do solo after spending vouchers to get obsidian fragments, then summoning Kirin in the fight. Found that method on youtube and not in the bg guide.

Speaking of monk, its funny to search the current communities for any discussion about the job and not seeing anything beyond August 2017's update. I don't mind playing something weak/not meta since i'm not grouping for any content whatsoever, but it would be nice to at least see a post made by someone in the last month. I have my own gear goals in mind that I can achieve myself, but I have questions about martial arts, boost, weapon skills and solo fights that I hoped to find in a google search.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

2b. Cost is variable. Think 30k is the highest first time but after that with more missions and such it goes down. With the jobs you brought bee was absolutely the worst you could do not sure why you thought it was the easiest given it was the giant demon bee type. Anyways aside from having the highest evasion it also gets a huge blink effect after ever tp move that isn't really removed with aoe.

As far as mnk... it's so far beyond not being meta. It's basically in actuality where drg was in peoples minds back in the day. Which isn't to say you can't get things done but think pup without automaton melees about as good maybe better. Though it does have some use with the new su3 set being high meva and acc against some stuff while also maintaining high levels of sb/sb2. But you don't see much posting on it other than gripes and how terrible the recent update for it was

Special at 11:30 or w/e
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

HUEG THREAD!