BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 127 of 205 FirstFirst ... 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Marcicus View Post
    may or may not return to the game just to finish up those last 3 scenarios. anyone playing mind telling me what the DD hierarchy is? for some reason i keep hearing BLU is godly now or something <_>. last time i logged in we were halfway through the SoA expansion.
    BLU is indeed very good, Mythic DNC is on the top list too, followed by COR on specific COR burn setups where laeden Salute/Wildfire are viable. BST is something different

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

So haven't played in ages (prior to all this CP shit), so...

1. What's Geo's main sub and 'cycle' for debuff/buffs nowadays aside Haste I assume.
    2. Given if my math is correct you need a fuck ton of CP to become "current", is the echa's the main way people do it or..? I'd ask in shouts but..I don't trust people on Asura to give me a real answer >.>

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

New or Returning Players Discussion 2: SoA Homeless Veterans Edition

GEO 101: Get all GEO skill+ gear and indi duration possible. Cast geotorpor or geolanguor because since you are just coming back there is another GEO around who is better than you. Cast indi acumen or indi refresh for same reason as above. Nuke. Nuke some more. Nuke even more.

If you buffin', you a mule.

Sub RDM

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

get dunna handbell as the first thing for geo or your buffs/debuffs will be weak

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Ok I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong but Oston won't accept my Visage/Torso/Leg/Sash to make an Eudaemon KI. He acknowledges that the sash is a potential item and if I trade just the Visage/Torso/Leg he turns it into a regular Skirmish KI, but for some reason he just stands there doing nothing when I trade all 4. Is there another prerequisite before I can do Alluvion Skirmish? All the wikis say you just trade him the 4 items and you're good to go.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Did you talk to Lola?

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Yeah I talked to both and even went through all the separate options she had. I can make a regular Yorcia Simulacrum but if I trade all 4 he just stares at me and does nothing. Trading just a sash gives the usual "Woah I need 3...or 4 items to do anything."

Edit: God damnit, had to talk to her like 5 times before she recognized I had an Eudaemon piece. Disregard this, I'm dumb.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    GEO 101: Get all GEO skill+ gear and indi duration possible. Cast geotorpor or geolanguor because since you are just coming back there is another GEO around who is better than you. Cast indi acumen or indi refresh for same reason as above. Nuke. Nuke some more. Nuke even more.

If you buffin', you a mule.

Sub RDM
    Easy enough. Looks like they also increased merit max on some stuff so got a lot of rebuilding to do looks like and introduced their relic/empyrean set thing since I last played so..any particular fight that'll get the rem chapters quickly? Or just use sparks on it?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Easy enough. Looks like they also increased merit max on some stuff so got a lot of rebuilding to do looks like and introduced their relic/empyrean set thing since I last played so..any particular fight that'll get the rem chapters quickly? Or just use sparks on it?
    Are you playing by yourself or do you have a group / some friends / access to cp party?

If the latter, spend sparks on then. You'll be drowning in them. If not either make friends or somethingsomething bst somethingsomething solo everything you need.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Are you playing by yourself or do you have a group / some friends / access to cp party?

If the latter, spend sparks on then. You'll be drowning in them. If not either make friends or somethingsomething bst somethingsomething solo everything you need.
    Just duo with my partner since haven't looked into linkshells yet since coming back.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I wouldn't bother using sparks on 1~5 unless you don't have any seals. Those fights take like 2 minutes on D setting solo, so with two real player and some trusts you could knock them out quick.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Hello! Old player here that quit shortly after Wings of the Goddess came out, played constantly since the PS2 release and even getting Maat's Cap before quitting. Started fresh on Asura and at Mnk30 now after about a week, little lonely with all the old areas being baron. Hoping to make friends to help drive through the early struggle.

Bacon
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Look me up on Asura - char name is Bartin. Can also look up my bro - Pistof

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I wouldn't bother using sparks on 1~5 unless you don't have any seals. Those fights take like 2 minutes on D setting solo, so with two real player and some trusts you could knock them out quick.
    Quite honestly I have a bunch of the random seals tucked away on that fat guy and apparently they introduced a new one since I've been gone, so if it takes the new ones to enter these content yeah I don't think I have a choice haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Quite honestly I have a bunch of the random seals tucked away on that fat guy and apparently they introduced a new one since I've been gone, so if it takes the new ones to enter these content yeah I don't think I have a choice haha.
    There's an option to exchange one seal type for another there, too. Problem solved.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Oh god people still play this game? Man, looking through these forums brings back memories. I'm guessing this game isn't the same since 2009ish when I stopped haha

Last pic of my PLD I have was this

http://i46.tinypic.com/242bvcg.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsheartt View Post
    Oh god people still play this game? Man, looking through these forums brings back memories. I'm guessing this game isn't the same since 2009ish when I stopped haha

Last pic of my PLD I have was this

http://i46.tinypic.com/242bvcg.jpg
    Yep. For starters, level 99 (+item level gear effectively 119ing and job points/gifts for super-merits).

On the other hand, top dog PLDs still use an (upgraded) Aegis and OChain, so some things are familiar enough.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Can you download the game off the web or do I need the discs if I wanted to reactivate?

Anyone know if iizerg on sylph is still around?

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsheartt View Post
    Can you download the game off the web or do I need the discs if I wanted to reactivate?

Anyone know if iizerg on sylph is still around?
    Believe you can get the client off SE any time they're doing a Return to Vana'diel promotion.

And if FFXIAH is any indication, iizerg isn't.

Stupid question, sorry.

I'm doing expansions and what not to increase my CP bonus. Does the 10% for nation missions only apply once? It wouldn't be 10% for windurst, 10% for bastok and 10% for san, would it?

Otherwise I guess I'm doing stupid bastok missions, haha