View Poll Results: What more do you want in Tera?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guild oriented events

29 51.79%
  • Large scale events

23 41.07%
  • Epic storyline

18 32.14%
  • Better PvP

22 39.29%
  • Better economy (not completely based on Enchantment fodder and Crystals)

20 35.71%
  • Extra content when not participating in dailies or dungeons

42 75.00%
  • Guild Housing

16 28.57%
  • Battlegrounds

18 32.14%
  • More gear slots

10 17.86%
  • More variance in the gear stats

21 37.50%
  • A way to do Nexus outside the usual time

27 48.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
    Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

What do you want in Tera (Medium/Large scale changes)

Only including the bigger changes and not every tweak/bugfixes from http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/111...issing-in-Tera

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Hard to vote, considering if you look at future K-tera patches, they include alot the above.

Server vs server PVP
    15man raiding
    Ktera I hear has 7 days a week Nexus (not sure why NA tera doesn't)
    Theirs guild housing coming up

so imma go with.... extra content while not doing dailies/dungeons

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

need moar templates available for all the gear... not just a few..

would love the tier 11 ebon tower plate template on my enigmatic tier12 stuff =(

and more guild oriented shit, give the people a sense of coming together for a common goal other than grinding..

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I voted everything save for guild housing and guild-oriented events, since I have no fucking earthly clue what the latter means. I'm sure most of us signed up for PVP TERA expecting, well... PVP... to be the guild event.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

To elaborate a little more on what I said in the previous thread, one of the things I've rarely seen in MMOs past FFXI was having to put thought into equipment upgrades. You had so many important stats (in level 75 FFXI), and very rarely would one piece of gear completely outclass another, that you have to think a little to decide what and when to upgrade, and even then there are some different, but valid choices you can make. In Tera, upgrades always completely outclass what came before it (even more so than WoW), so getting new gear is a very mindless process, and that takes a lot of fun out of leveling and upgrade.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

@Anakron ... I can't agree more. There is very little of interest in gearing in Tera. The "best" stats for one class is the best stat for most everything else. Sure there are outliers where certain classes benefit more from Crit than %Dmg and a class that does not benefit as much as others from Animation Speed, but its pretty much the same for most everything.

I would say that the biggest thing the game needs though is things to do that are not dailies and dungeons. In other games you could say gathering was good enough to keep people occupied early on. However, gathering is so easy and the crafting system is based completely on items that are not gatherable that while interesting from a financial pov its just not worth it and not a decent past time. The game needs some little things to do. World Bosses do not drop anything real, are not all together challenging and do not have a way to force spawn them (lottery or item) to keep people interested. The game needs something for me to do when my group of friends is not online.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Not sure how long ago you've played wow... but , heroic gear -> non heroic gear always, without question. The dps change between the 2 came into the hundreds range. Unless the item had a stat that was semi useless for your class (say haste for survival hunter) you'd be replacing it. (although transmogrification sort of changed this also by being able to change gear stats)

More so being replaced per tier of content. The only exception to the "you want more dps, you upgrade) is tier set bonuses which would at times last till you get your next tiers 2/4set bonus. Otherwise the dps upgrade was way to big to be passing up. (very noticeable if you used dps calculators /spreadsheets to check)

Speaking of something to do, theirs battlegrounds coming up soonish? for Ktera.. I don't think i've seen the video posted on here but...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVNxzNgyEfI
    battlegrounds video Ktera aragon queen patch 2

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Only 40 voters? Where's everyone D:

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Most have already moved onto other games.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post
    Only 40 voters? Where's everyone D:
    It's really hard for an MMO to come out with nothing and then hope to retain its playerbase as it tries to fix things. Like Lucavi said, most people have moved. I personally would rather invest in things that come out better straight out of the box.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    It's really hard for an MMO to come out with nothing and then hope to retain its playerbase as it tries to fix things. Like Lucavi said, most people have moved. I personally would rather invest in things that come out better straight out of the box.
    Yeah… pretty much how it is for most of these P2P theme park games nowadays. They "can" be fun for a month or two or three. But chances are by then, most people have already obtained most, if not all of the items they wanted. In the case of TERA's RNG, that may not be the case, but by 3 months in... at least most people have been able to experience said content. In this case you have a few people leaving because of the RNG, and others leaving for various reasons.

I hope this poll transfers over (gets posted) on the official forums so they might take a look at it. It may be only 40 people, but it’s a start.

honestly a change I would love to see would be that EVERY boss in a dungeon has a chance to drop enigmatics..they are just less then the end boss. Right now it's just a fucking bore and chore to grind through the first few bosses of FoK/BT to get to the end boss...and then watch as you don't get your fucking drop anyways.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    honestly a change I would love to see would be that EVERY boss in a dungeon has a chance to drop enigmatics..they are just less then the end boss. Right now it's just a fucking bore and chore to grind through the first few bosses of FoK/BT to get to the end boss...and then watch as you don't get your fucking drop anyways.
    This has been happening to me, except with a bad twist. I've been running Fane to get more items for enchant fodder, but all I've been getting are quaver rings or baby's sigh. I'd have to sell 10 of them to fund a single enchant attempt. Then Kaprima drops stuff, but my lots are bad, so I don't get anything. I'd expect this to happen on occasion. But apparently my luck is so horrible that this has happened four times in a row. Why am I running these instances if the only thing I get out of it are two broken crystals and 20g worth of items? I've actually lost more money than I've earned.

Also, the 3 save haven teleport scrolls I recieved as a reward feels more like the game is adding insult to injury.

yeah the packages for doing pug groups should be 100% crystal chance and mostly +dmg to bosses/from behind crystals. I got 8 alkahest in one of my packages..I CANT EVEN FUCKING USE EIGHT OF THESE ANYMORE...fuck.

I can say right now i'm not going past +6 on any of my shit if it doesnt work on my 1st string of attempts, fuck that shit. Especially seeing the new T14 stuff coming out, it's pointless as shit to grind my dick against a glass wheel everyday. Feels like back in WoW when ppl were grinding hardmodes in FL just before DS came out and I couldn't see why.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I must be lucky hen, I got 2 mutinous whatever bonus boss damage crystals in packages last night.

On the topic of enigmatics from bosses, it would be nice to see this happen, I ran like 4 BT's the other day on sorc... and 1 run... the ONLY gold that dropped from t he boss, was a Lv58 chest piece ... wtf.. maybe the rumor of people overgearing an instance reducing drop rates of bosses is true...

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    maybe the rumor of people overgearing an instance reducing drop rates of bosses is true...
    nah, drop chances are just about Aion Fire Temple bad.