Thread: BWE3 Beta Key Givaways     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

BWE3 Beta Key Givaways (Updated 7/12)

I'm assuming/hoping/gambling that there will be more key giveaways from various places, so here's a thread to help people get keyd up!

-------- || UPDATE (7/12/2012) 6:10 PM EST || -------

GW2WvW is offering keys to those who put on their thinking caps and come up with some awesome weapon ideas. http://gw2wvw.com/main/guild-wars-2-bwe-3-beta-keys/

Chronicles of Tyria has keys to hand out as well, and they're doing it via a caption contest: http://www.chroniclesoftyria.com/201...-them-contest/

Finally, SteelSeries is handing out beta keys *and* Guild Wars 2 peripherals. Head to their Facebook page to enter: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...2634021&type=1

PC Gamer ended~

Guild Wars 2 Brasil is sharing keys as well through a variety of channels: http://guildwars2brasil.com.br/?p=3330

Brady Games is offering you a shot at a beta key in exchange for a haiku: http://www.facebook.com/BradyGamesSt...63476550424546

The Pale Tree says "No beta key? No problem!" http://thepaletree.net/2012/07/12/no...ey-no-problem/

http://www.thetyrianorder.com/ttobetakeys

http://www.killtenrats.com/2012/07/1...st-on-twitter/

http://www.gamersbook.com/scene/news...beta-giveaway/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And here's a link a reddit post currently tracking givaways that seems to be updated frequently enough. reddit compilation post

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

inb4 ppl bitch about how they never got to try the Beta because it was too hard to get a key

How much more open can a beta be? lol

Banned.

BG Level

Country ineligible for beta keys at curse

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin View Post
    Country ineligible for beta keys at curse
    ok you win =/ lol

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

I've not got access but honestly I've not really tried either, I will snag one tomorrow from curse though. I must be the only BG poster that hasn't actually played this yet despite being just as excited? Ah well I'll just use this opportunity to get used to the basics.

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I got myself a key today. Looking forward it and willing to give GW2 a fair chance. The videos im looking at the gameplay doesnt really appeal to me but definately want to give it a fair chance. It wont have to impress me that much as im currently playing FF14.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to read / learn about the game so far so i have a better understanding and can get the most out of the Beta weekend?

Thanks

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Best advice anyone can give you is just walk out of the cities and explore. You'll run into events and the exp will start flowing without you even noticing. This is something i also notice people seem to forget but most abilities and spells can be cast on the run and you should be always moving and dodging.

Players, especially Final Fantasy players, will have to change their mentality and break their habits of looking at xp/hr or mobs til next level. This game is about just having fun.

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sounds interesting. Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to exploring around... The only thing im concerned about is not maximizing my Beta playtime for it to give a good enough impression if i want to play it or not. Im heavily playing FFXIV atm (Stopped since Oct 2010 - Jan 2012) but nearly have all 50 and working on crafting etc while holding out hope for 2.0 but it seem the majority of the MMO world will move to GW2.

But your right i will have to adjust my view on how to play this MMO and not compare, im reluctant to change being honest

Will you have your character data for this up coming Beta weekend that you worked on in previous Betas or are you starting from scratch again? Id like to roll with some people that know their stuff. Ill check out your website.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Oreth View Post
    Sounds interesting. Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to exploring around... The only thing im concerned about is not maximizing my Beta playtime for it to give a good enough impression if i want to play it or not. Im heavily playing FFXIV atm (Stopped since Oct 2010 - Jan 2012) but nearly have all 50 and working on crafting etc while holding out hope for 2.0 but it seem the majority of the MMO world will move to GW2.

But your right i will have to adjust my view on how to play this MMO and not compare, im reluctant to change being honest

Will you have your character data for this up coming Beta weekend that you worked on in previous Betas or are you starting from scratch again? Id like to roll with some people that know their stuff. Ill check out your website.
    Yeppers, we'll still have our characters i believe, unless i missed something. A lot of us are either oldschool FFXI or EQ players but most of us stopped being stubborn about change a while ago. We're on Yak's Bend server but that will most certainly change come release due to poor WvW participation.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Well I missed that one. Only premium keys left. Anyone happen to have an extra?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You're right. I will have to adjust my view on how to play this MMO, and not compare. I'm reluctant to change, being honest.
    First of all, 'SUP ORETH? Long-time, no-see.

Second, if you haven't played GW2 at all yet, you're in for a very happy surprise.

If I still have my characters from BWE1/2 and the stress tests, I'll be on Ehmry Bay along with a majority of BG.

I'm not entirely sure if we'll stick with Ehmry Bay after launch, however. I'm likely to join the server with the most professional PVP guilds who will focus on World vs. World vs. World.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Well I missed that one. Only premium keys left. Anyone happen to have an extra?
    Isn't premium members today, then non-premium get a pick at whats left tomorrow? Unless all 50k have gone to premiums which I very much doubt lol.

I could of read it wrong I guess.

Edit: Yeah, I am right.

Source: Curse is giving away 50,000 Guild Wars 2 Beta Keys! Keys given away are only available to Curse Premium users. The giveaway will be open to everyone tomorrow (Tuesday)

They worded it strange, but I think that's what they mean.. or at least I hope

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh, well shit. I missed that. Nevermind then, I'll wait till tomorrow!

I only just got interested in this game after TERA's failure. Have been out of the mmo scene for some time, hopefully this one will be good!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Edit: Keys are open, gogo!

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Curse giveaway for normal users is open now

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    inb4 ppl bitch about how they never got to try the Beta because it was too hard to get a key
    Yeah, yeah, fuck you, too.

Just snagged a key. Props to vrumpt for doing it right by making it easier for people who might only check this section every few days.

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Dragir View Post
    First of all, 'SUP ORETH? Long-time, no-see.

Second, if you haven't played GW2 at all yet, you're in for a very happy surprise.

If I still have my characters from BWE1/2 and the stress tests, I'll be on Ehmry Bay along with a majority of BG.

I'm not entirely sure if we'll stick with Ehmry Bay after launch, however. I'm likely to join the server with the most professional PVP guilds who will focus on World vs. World vs. World.
    Hey Dragir! Good to see you still around. I remember you being all over GW2 years ago when it was first announced speaking on MSN about it etc Good to see you stuck with it waiting. Im willing to give it its fair dues, i think however it would be easier for me to dismiss it and not give it a chance if i was playing on my own so will be looking to hook up with some people. Do you still be on MSN these days? Ill get some info from you. Been speaking to Iceflare on FB he said he has been playing with you and evilmanta.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lilura Sainik
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Um... Did anyone get a spare key? Apparently Curse says the giveaway ended 11 hours ago (1am MST) and I am unable to obtain a key. Bleh.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hey Dragir! Good to see you still around. I remember you being all over GW2 years ago when it was first announced speaking on MSN about it etc Good to see you stuck with it waiting. Im willing to give it its fair dues, i think however it would be easier for me to dismiss it and not give it a chance if i was playing on my own so will be looking to hook up with some people. Do you still be on MSN these days? Ill get some info from you. Been speaking to Iceflare on FB he said he has been playing with you and evilmanta.
    Yep, the three of us played through BWE 1, and a little less in 2. Killer's on Ehmry Bay as well. Not many others from Fairy that I've seen, though. Still using the same MSN account, but I also talk to Iceflare, Evilmanta, Tarutopheroo, Yamaroo, Tic, and Iraphine on Facebook or Google Talk/Plus.

...and yes, I'm also looking to hook up with old FFXI players who had fun with skillchaining/coordinated play and appreciated the strategy element of FFXI more than the "my WS did 9000 damage, look at ME!" part of the game... and yes, certain weapon skills (Upheaval) with certain weapons (Lv.99 Bravura/Ukkon) can and do over 9000 damage occasionally now (lol).

Anyway, that was always the purpose of the original GW2 thread in the MMO forum (now a whole sub-forum, yay). I just wish I could find and ensnare Toph, Yams, Himura, Ukko, Fraeya, Mertron, Lutia, Ira, Tic, and a huge number of other players who didn't suck while not being turdfaces about how great at the game they were. XD

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast