Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

[PvX] Violent Impact - Impact Gaming Community GW2 Chapter

Recruitment status: Open
    Timezones: North American (PST, MST, CST, EST)
    Server: Blackgate
    Voice: Teamspeak 3

While not a casual guild, Violent Impact strives to achieve progression without the oppressive rigidity of a 'hardcore' guild. We genuinely get excited at the prospect of amazing teamwork in the face of challenging content. That level of teamwork can only come from truly exceptional and talented players who not only possess a high level of knowledge about their class and game mechanics, but also a genuine affection for the people they play with. Through organization in our own guild and constructively interacting with the other guilds on our server; our goal is to become a force to be reckoned with.

Our players come from all walks. From the student with surprisingly far too much free time on their hands to the player with a family and full time job. We do our best to accommodate each; and everyone is a valued player here. However, it also almost universally guaranteed that each and every one of them has the following qualities:

Active – You genuinely enjoy the game!
    An active player isn't necessarily one who is logging in every available minute of every day. We cater to all types of players and their various schedules. Active players don't just log in for guild events, and then are rarely seen until the next event. It's someone who enjoys exploring all the game's content, be it leveling, crafting, gathering, questing, or anything else in between. Sometimes it’s about the journey, not the destination.

Mature – You can take a joke and dish ‘em out!
    Applicants are not limited by age, but they must be intelligent, considerate, and enjoy friendly competition. A sense of humor is an absolute must! In addition, we abhor drama; we’re all here to have a good time together.

Reliable – You’re responsible and can be counted on!
    Our players are able to follow a schedule. They check the forums frequently, and communicate with members and leaders. We consider communication one of the most important aspects to a successful guild. If you signed up for an event and can’t make it, please let your teammates know! If you plan on being absent for some time, drop the leader or an officer a quick note.

Skillful – You desire to play at the maximum potential.
    You can do this using your past knowledge and experience of game mechanics, or by investing time to research, test new things, or practice playing your role until you can execute it with precision. You must be the kind of person who pushes the envelope in the gaming world, evolving and adapting to an ever-changing gaming environment.

Motivated – You want to get things done to better yourself and the group!
    To get something, you must want it first. Players here possess a passion for success and are driven to discover possibilities. Self starters are highly desirable. Be proactive in your play. Don't wait around for a group when you could be getting one started yourself.

Additionally, our guild operates under a modular event system, wherein participation is a requirement of all full members. This system is in place to ensure all our members, ranging from casual PvE to hardcore PvP, are made to feel welcome and a part of something bigger than themselves. It is also a means to ensure equal participation among all members, yet at a very easy to achieve level. You can read more about this system and schedule here: impact-gaming.us/violent-impact/rules/recruitment

If you feel you fit this criterion, we'd love to meet you.

1. Head over to http://www.impact-gaming.us and register for a forum account
    2. Submit a quick application to Violent Impact at http://www.impact-gaming.us/violent-impact/apply - Please ensure you use an e-mail address you frequently check
    3. A VI rep will be in touch with you shortly (within 24-48 hours)

Any recruitment inquiries can be directed to [email protected]

Axis of Insurrection
    An Alliance of Guild Wars 2 WvW Guilds
    http://www.sea-of-sorrows.com/

About

Violent Impact is a founding member of Axis of Insurrection [AoI], an alliance of guilds with the end goal of highly organized and competitive World vs. World. AoI is one of the few remaining day one alliances left in Guild Wars 2 and is atop the competitive World vs. World ladder on Sea of Sorrows.

Member Guilds

Violent Impact [VI]
    www.impact-gaming.us/violent-impact/about

Applied Tactics [ATac]
    www.applied-tactics.com/home

Onslaught [OnS]
    www.onslaughtclan.enjin.com/

Dragon Riders [DR]
    www.dragonriders.net/

The Industry [Work]
    weindustrynow.com/

The Nexus [NeX]
    www.nexusguild.net/

http://www.impact-gaming.us/images/o...mpact/igc4.png

Impact Gaming Community (IGC) is a group of skilled players who have gathered together under a single banner to engage in progression oriented game play with a structured and persistent group of players. Each of us has a passion for MMO gaming, but MMOs do not solely define the scope of our game play.

IGC is presently home to three chapters: Neutral Impact (FFXIV), Violent Impact (Guild Wars 2), and Radiant Impact (TOR). There are also two gamer groups belonging to League of Legends and MechWarrior Online. We are always looking to expand into other games and to remain a solid team able to field a formidable presence into whatever game we embark on.

Notice, we are a community. We're looking for players interested in gaming not only in their current game, but in future and present titles. While our players mainly focus on their respective chapter, we also actively play many other games.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

While typically BG hasn't been the most successful place to recruit for something other than Final Fantasy, we feel that this game is different enough and has the potential to attract players from all walks of life.

Also, we need a GW2 post icon!

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Considering it... We'll see as launch comes a bit closer into the horizon.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Most know me from the XIV section and the guild leader for Neutral Impact but I'm also the Community Manager for IGC. I get to oversee a lot of what goes on in VI on a daily basis and I have to say these guys are some of the most dedicated gamers we have in the community. If you're looking for a really good time in GW2, you'll have a blast with this group. You have my personal guarantee on that. Just hop on our TS and chat with them. They can pretty much talk about everything out there. Good people and good fun in this guild's future!

Anti-crusade crusader
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Have you guys decided on a server? Might be looking for a new home soon.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

We'll be deciding on our server on Wed during our guild meeting. Our guild leader is still waiting to hear from a few possible alliances before we make our decision. I can tell you that we'll be avoiding Darkhaven and Crystal Desert, mostly due to large alliances rolling there such as Team Legacy's. We'd like to avoid the giant zerg servers since we don't consider easy wins fun at all. Our goal is to find a very active WvW server with the giant guilds. We're leaning towards Jaya Bluffs or Sorrows Furnace.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Pretty interested. Almost certain I will enjoy the absolute shit out of GW2.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    We'll be deciding on our server on Wed during our guild meeting. Our guild leader is still waiting to hear from a few possible alliances before we make our decision. I can tell you that we'll be avoiding Darkhaven and Crystal Desert, mostly due to large alliances rolling there such as Team Legacy's. We'd like to avoid the giant zerg servers since we don't consider easy wins fun at all. Our goal is to find a very active WvW server with the giant guilds. We're leaning towards Jaya Bluffs or Sorrows Furnace.
    Where are you getting all this information about where the larger guilds are going?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Mostly just educated guesses at this point. Most of them are keeping their server a secret within their alliances to ensure that they can get everyone together. At the same time, it's quite annoying for us since we want to avoid being on the server with the huge alliances. That's not really fun to us.

Gw2Guru has a list of servers with what guilds are where, but it may be well outdated at this point.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Pleasantly surprised we received a few apps from BG peoples.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

I look forward to clanking swords together side by side ald. It has been too long.

<3

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Syntex View Post
    I look forward to clanking swords together side by side ald. It has been too long.

<3
    Looking forward to it.

Sorrows furnace is going to also be a very highly populated server. Not that it matters as WvW is not about zergs, but people will only realize that after a while. Also server matching will take into consideration WvW attendance etc and it wont match a server with hardly any people on it with one that has large guilds. At the start it may, but things will even out eventually.

My wife and I would be looking for a guild at some point but gonna wait a bit to decide how to move on that.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

There are a limited number of servers to match with. Especially since they should not be matching EU vs NA. If there are 6-8 really heavy WvW populated servers than there will be a couple of matches that will either get repetitive (versus the same or similar servers repeatedly) or matched with 1-2 lower population servers. I am really interested in seeing how Anet controls WvW from a server basis.

That being said, I have been on Sorrow's Furnace since day one of the Press Beta. I was looking to find me and my friends a permanent home. We want to find a place that has active WvW but a guild that doesn't require WvW attendance. We had enough of that in Aion.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

[VI] will be hitting up Gate of Madness for the final BWE.

Formerly Raitoken
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    [VI] will be hitting up Gate of Madness for the final BWE.
    Fuck your choice of server dude that shit is full! /angryface

I'm rolling on Jade Quarry.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Updated OP with alliance information. We're currently looking for more like minded guilds that plan to be highly active in WvW on a medium to high pop server. Oceanic and EU guilds are a plus as we'd like around the clock action in WVW.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

[VI] and the Axis of Insurrection alliance will be making our home on Dragonbrand.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Updated OP with server selection and alliance info.