BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trine Traverse
    FFXIV Server
    Odin
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    Yeah man. New physics engine can totally be dlc.
    So we can do all the cool stuff we did back in BC2? Oh and weather.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

People going around the internet repeating someone else's opinion as their own annoys me as well. Happens with almost everything though.

Anyhow, I am trying to find out what the "bonus content" you get from the digital deluxe edition from Origin. Gamestop gives you all the same bonuses plus dogtags. Origin isn't specifying what their bonus content is.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    Yeah man. New physics engine can totally be dlc. Shut the fuck up.

Preordered mine on origin earlier
    Wow a new physics engine! Did you write it yourself?

Yea, hate to say it but adding weather effects that are pretty could be done now. The only reason it isn't is because consoles can't handle it so yea it could be DLC.

The only promising aspect of this game is the destruction engine. You're fooling yourself if you think this is some ground-up engine. Hell they could have done naval battles now.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Trocian View Post
    So we can do all the cool stuff we did back in BC2? Oh and weather.
    Go play BC2 and stfu?

Edit: Let's keep talking shit about a game that we know everything about from 17min of Singleplayer footage.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    Go play BC2 and stfu?
    What he said. If you don't like the game, why the fuck are you in the thread

BG Level

I'm sorry, I thought this was a discussion thread. I wasn't aware people judging the game negatively and not spending money based on 17 minutes of footage were worse than people judging the game positively and spending money in advance based on 17 minutes of footage.

Carry on.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Thanks. I just wanted to point out how retarded it is to discredit something with partial knowledge and compare it to a previous release with out actually experiencing it.

Kind of like watching Iron man 3 trailer and saying, "Iron man 3 fucking SUCKS its just Iron man 2 but with a different plot and new cameras."

Compared to "That trailer was awesome, as it stands, I will go watch Iron Man 3 day 1."

Not the best comparison, but I think you get the point.

Go be happy in the BC2 Thread.

Saying it might as well have been DLC is retarded. Better graphics and a new physics engine is what make it an upgrade. Seriously, are you not aware that every first person shooter, rpg, etc etc that you play are the same exact thing with minimal changes between its sequels? Finding innovation in a genre is rare, and if that's your justification for complaining, you could hit up every thread on this forum.

We're all aware that the game will be similar to BF3. We get it, and you're not discussing anything new with that here.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Saying it might as well have been DLC is retarded. Better graphics and a new physics engine is what make it an upgrade. Seriously, are you not aware that every first person shooter, rpg, etc etc that you play are the same exact thing with minimal changes between its sequels? Finding innovation in a genre is rare, and if that's your justification for complaining, you could hit up every thread on this forum.

We're all aware that the game will be similar to BF3. We get it, and you're not discussing anything new with that here.

No man cmon, its an EA game, and this is BG. You have to trash it or else you get ridiculed.

Next, they'll be asking you to purchase DLC in order to unlock texture pallets.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Next, they'll be asking you to purchase DLC in order to unlock texture pallets.
    What are they, Activision/Capcom?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

The water looks awful lol

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

All I know is I better see all you haters in the next Cod thread. Dont disappoint ya hear?!

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I mean, I'm not pre-ordering this now, but it really doesn't matter when I do. The Battlefield series is the only game series ever that I've owned every game of. Not right away, some after a sale, but every single one. It doesn't matter if I pre-order now or the week of release since I'm still getting a copy.

But arguing a new engine? What proof do we have, did we design it ourselves?

What proof do we ever have that a game is using a new engine other than the developers telling us the game has a new engine, like they did here?

When work on BF4 started they said that they developed BF3 alongside the Frostbite 2 engine, and that there was still a lot of potential to the engine that they didn't get to use because it was still so fresh. BF4 was being developed after the engine was and was going to be utilizing every aspect of it. Then they started saying that it's going to use an updated version of it, 2.5, and now they are saying a 3.0. Does any of this really mean anything? No, but an upgraded engine and physics still means something. They also said they were bringing back the destruction engine, albeit an updated version, from BFBC2. That alone is fucking awesome. BF3 sized maps, cities, structures, with BC2's destruction? Take my money.

It'll have been 2 years between releases which is long enough for me to not consider it cod-like. I have a friend that argues its too soon for a release as well and that it doesn't feel right, but even if its just a prettier BF3 it'll be fine. Wouldn't be the first time I bought a game just because it was a prettier version of it. I wouldn't have minded a non-modern release though, but I don't like WW2 games anymore so it's really hard to find a happy era for me at this point. Vietnam was a blast though and I would love if they took aspects from that. The year is 2020ish so maybe we'll get a little bit futuristic even if not much, and since 2142 had my most logged hours of any BF, I'll take it. Shit, I'd love a new 2142. Give me THAT with a BF3/4 engine, and destruction whatever.

And the water does look awful.

Edit: My biggest hope with this game is that they indeed take what they learned from BF3, which is too obvious to really speak of, I mean of course they did with a lot of things; but I hope it's on the competitive side. Fix the tanks, the vehicles, take what you learned from them and from End game and air supremacy and give me the game I've been waiting for since CoD2/MW1.

BG Level

Good God, I already said the graphics looked beautiful.

I didn't realize that saying I wasn't buying the game and citing that it's really more of a makeover than a true sequel made me a rabid butt-hurt dickface.

BG - where giving your opinion is only valid when it's positive and if you have nothing positive to say don't say anything or people will cry.

When they release a video that shows off what the engine can really do and what multiplayer brings to the table (if anything different other than buildings that fall down... whoopdee doo) then I'd say it's fair to truly start judging the game.

My lack of desire to buy it has more to do with EA than anything else. I simply refuse to go out and start dropping money on games and pre-ordering them for the OMGSOAWESOMESTUFFUGET for a company that is going to turn Battlefield into the next COD (a new iteration every year/other year or so).

That's my right as a gamer to voice my distaste and point out good and bad things that I see. Didn't think games had to be perfect or even likeable but hey what the hell do I know I've only been playing them longer than most people here have been out of puberty.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/28/ne...y-frostbite-3/
    Both the next Mass Effect game and Dragon Age 3: Inquisition use the Frostbite 3 engine, despite initial official word from publisher EA saying otherwise. An official press release for Dragon Age 3 from September 2012 said the upcoming RPG was underpinned by Frostbite 2. However, BioWare Montreal & Edmonton General Manager Aaryn Flynn, following some speculation, took to Twitter to settle the matter.

Flynn tweeted: "For everyone who's been asking after the #BF4 reveal, #DA3 and the next Mass Effect are also using Frostbite 3. It's awesome."

While the Dragon Age 3 press release was explicit, looking back certain BioWare devs were coyer on the matter. BioWare Montreal Studio Director Yanick Roy only said in a November 2012 blog post that DA3 used Frostbite tech, not specifically Frostbite 2. That correlates with the careful wording of DA3 Executive Producer Mark Darrah, who in an announcement post said his studio was working on a new game engine for DA3, and that it had "started with Frostbite 2 from DICE as a foundation to accomplish this."

So Battlefield 4 isn't the only Frostbite 3 game confirmed to be arriving this year, as Dragon Age 3 is scheduled for a "late 2013" release.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad