1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Upgraded to GenbuPT-3.5
    BG Level

Discontinued Content in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (07/27/2012)

HAY GUYZ ITS GENBU UPDATE!!!111

Discontinued Content in FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (07/27/2012)

As we transition from the game’s current version to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, existing game content will be undergoing a number of changes. This post will detail such changes coming to achievements, character histories, guild marks, replayable cutscenes, and the availability of the goobbue mount. Goobbue Mounts

As previously announced, the goobbue horn, which is the item used to summon the goobbue mount, will no longer be obtainable as of the release of patch 1.23a.

Guild Marks

All of your guild marks will be deleted upon logging into A Realm Reborn. For this reason, we urge you to visit the guilds and use your marks before that time. After release of A Realm Reborn, it will also no longer be possible to receive guild mark refunds for previously purchased abilities that have since been removed from the game.

Achievements

The following achievements will become unavailable upon release of A Realm Reborn:

Battle

La Noscea Big Game Hunter / Black Shroud Big Game Hunter / Thanalan Big Game Hunter / Coerthas Big Game Hunter / Mor Dhona Big Game Hunter / Shposhae Big Game Hunter / Bane of the Tribes / Notorious Monster Hunting / Had Me Some Fun / Most Adorable Death Ever / Where the Wind Blows

Quests

Around the Realm and Back Again / I Survived Camp Bearded Rock / I Survived Cedarwood / I Survived Camp Skull Valley / I Survived Camp Bald Knoll / I Survived Camp Bloodshore / I Survived Cassiopeia Hollow / I Survived Camp Iron Lake / And All I Got Was This Lousy Achievement: La Noscea / I Survived Camp Bentbranch / I Survived Humblehearth / I Survived Camp Nine Ivies / I Survived Camp Emerald Moss / I Survived Treespeak / I Survived the Mun-Tuy Cellars / I Survived Camp Tranquil / And All I Got Was This Lousy Achievement: Black Shroud / I Survived Camp Black Brush / I Survived the Nanawa Mines / I Survived Camp Drybone / I Survived Halatali / I Survived Camp Horizon / I Survived Nophica's Wells / I Survived Camp Broken Water / And All I Got Was This Lousy Achievement: Thanalan / Globetrotter / At the Realm's Behest / To Serve and Protect: Camp Bearded Rock / To Serve and Protect: Cedarwood / To Serve and Protect: Camp Skull Valley / To Serve and Protect: Camp Bald Knoll / To Serve and Protect: Camp Bloodshore / To Serve and Protect: Cassiopeia Hollow / To Serve and Protect: Camp Iron Lake / La Noscea Got Served...and Protected / To Serve and Protect: Camp Bentbranch / To Serve and Protect: Humblehearth / To Serve and Protect: Camp Nine Ivies / To Serve and Protect: Camp Emerald Moss / To Serve and Protect: Treespeak / To Serve and Protect: Mun--Tuy Cellars / To Serve and Protect: Camp Tranquil / The Black Shroud Got Served...and Protected / To Serve and Protect: Camp Black Brush / To Serve and Protect: Nanawa Silvermines / To Serve and Protect: Camp Drybone / To Serve and Protect: Halatali / To Serve and Protect: Camp Horizon / To Serve and Protect: Nophica's Wells / To Serve and Protect: Camp Broken Water / Thanalan Got Served...and Protected / Eorzea Got Served...and Protected

Seasonal Events

It's Reining Deer / Beast from the East / Red Beast from the East / Gold Beast from the East / Black Beast from the East / Get All the Things! / Love Me Tender / B.F.F. / Did It All for the Glory of Love / Love Makes the World Go Round / Royal Audience / Eggsceptional Hunting / Eggstraordinary Hunting / Eggsemplary Hunting / Eggstreme Hunting / Eggstravagant Hunting / Seven Short of a Dozen

Dungeons

One-upping the Antares / Kicking Sargas and Taking Names / Shaula We Dance? / Like a Batraal Out of Hell / Miser Neutralizer / Raiding the Vale / Breathless / Three Heads Are Better Than One / Making the Cut / Big Ants Don't Cry

Exploration

Wanderpokal La Noscea / Wanderpokal Finsterwald / Wanderpokal Thanalan / Wanderpokal Coerthas / Wanderpokal Mor Dhona / Oshons Weggefährte
    * Other achievements may undergo changes to their conditions or temporarily become unavailable upon release of A Realm Reborn.

Replayable Cutscenes

As part of A Realm Reborn, the content of nearly all cinematic cutscenes will be reworked. This will result in significantly different viewing experiences for the same cutscene between the current version of the game and A Realm Reborn.

Character Histories

In A Realm Reborn, the date on which an achievement is completed will be recorded as part of an in-game character history, which will be maintained in a manner different from current character histories on the Lodestone. We are also looking into ways to have the current character histories remain accessible on the Lodestone following release of A Realm Reborn.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Missables!!! *cringe*

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, some of those... no way in hell I can start and finish them in time without blowing my brains out from the monotony.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If I mathed correct, it will take 105 hours to do all behest from nothing to finished.

Did you calculate 15 min cooldown, or is that per camp and not general.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Can do once every 30 minutes right? So five hours per camp (for 10 times) and seven camps per region puts it around 105 hours.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Fuck all that noise, I'd only be interested in the changes to the cutscenes. Hopefully some interested players will fraps all the main storyline and GC cutscenes from all three cities and put them on youtube or a torrent.

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

ugh, gotta figure out what to trade all my marks in for.. I've been procrastinating on that.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by manako View Post
    ugh, gotta figure out what to trade all my marks in for.. I've been procrastinating on that.
    Heaven's Eye IV is the best money to seal ratio last time I checked (on my server). Of course, it requires you to have enough points in a single guild to purchase.

100,000 seals -> Heaven's Eye IV -> 2.2Mil gil
    100,000 seals -> 4 gil x100,000 = 400k gil

EDIT: As someone has specified, Heaven's Eye is actually only 86,000 seals.

Someone please correct me if you can't buy Heaven's Eye IV with seals. I can't remember if there are any types you can't select, but I think they're all 100,000 seals. I'm going off memory though, and it has been a while.

Another use for seals to use them as an easy source of tier I materia in order to shoot for a Gambler's Crown.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Did you calculate 15 min cooldown, or is that per camp and not general.
    Behest doesn't have the standard cool down. You can't participate in the next behest unless you wait to enter like 1 minute before behest starts, but if you got no competition for the 8 spots, you can do it every 30 minutes without issue. Behest requires the most patience but you can also at least work on it on your own time, people are stopped by the Regional leve one based on daily cool down but if you already got some progress it should be pretty quick if you got a ton of leve allowances (like I do).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Think Heaven's Eye IV cost 86k guild marks. If you don't need specific materia for either double melding class weapon for relic or just gear then your best bet is buying Heaven's Eye IV to sell.

<86k marks I'd say just turn in for gil. INT materia is rather cheap to buy with marks (think 30k for INT IV) also if you want to go that route as it sells fairly well.

Quote Originally Posted by manako View Post
    I hear acc materia (and whatever is else used for relic double melds) is worth a lot. I'd stock up on those.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Croy View Post
    the Regional leve one based on daily cool down but if you already got some progress it should be pretty quick if you got a ton of leve allowances (like I do).
    So glad I already did the Thanalan one, should be able to finish up the rest of them fairly quickly. '~'

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The dungeon ones listed would make it seem like CC and AV aren't going to be in V2.0. Maybe they still will be but not the achievements?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    The dungeon ones listed would make it seem like CC and AV aren't going to be in V2.0. Maybe they still will be but not the achievements?
    They will be because they're part of the relic quest and Yoshida confirmed raids are staying, they'll simply be different.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They have to at least be changed simply because their backstory is specifically pre-meteor impact. If the Garlean presence gets wiped out by Dalamud, it wouldn't make any sense that we are going into these places to deactivate their magitek shit and fight their soldiers.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

The only thing AV/CC related for the relic quests are items. They could easily put those items somewhere else.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    The only thing AV/CC related for the relic quests are items. They could easily put those items somewhere else.
    Except that Yoshida said the relic quest won't change in 2.0? Besides, those items are linked with the bosses within and raids are confirmed to stay anyway. For all we know they're changing the whole thing so the achievements are getting replaced by new ones.
    All raids are full of magitek devices that story wise are used to locate the flow of aether, it wouldn't make much sense for them to still be active after Dalamud hits now any reasons for Garleans to be there.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I thought that Yoshi said that your progress towards relic will be saved come 2.0 not that quest itself will necessarily be remain unchanged. I Could be wrong about that but I just don't remember an exact quote saying it the quest will not be changed.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Nama View Post
    I thought that Yoshi said that your progress towards relic will be saved come 2.0 not that quest itself will necessarily be remain unchanged. I Could be wrong about that but I just don't remember an exact quote saying it the quest will not be changed.
    It might get easier/harder with the new regimens coming in @2.0 (i hope) depending on how they balance the sub bosses/boss mobs in the raids. Gotta relearn the raids over again anyway since the garlean presence will be tweaked (if not removed altogether) from the raids.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast