+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

people won't give a movie they were looking forward to a chance cause of RT percentages? lol

I can understand holding off based on user reviews but off critics?

Old Merits
    BG Level

I couldn't give 2 shits what RT says. I enjoyed the movie.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    people won't give a movie they were looking forward to a chance cause of RT percentages? lol

this. what the fuck, lol

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post

Taken 2.

Ridill
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    this. what the fuck, lol
    Have to remember who its coming from.

Movie was awesome.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Idk about anybody else I gave it a chance as in looking into reviews because I enjoyed the first. Anyway, went to see Pacific Rim yet again and hopped to see this one, walked out.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe
    I don't know about anyone else, but I read some reviews on Kick-Ass 2 because I liked the first one.
    I went to see Pacific Rim again and I wanted to see Kick Ass 2 but I walked out of the theaters during Kick Ass 2 because I thought it was bad.
    Was this what you were trying to say?

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

No.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    Idk about anybody else I gave it a chance as in looking into reviews because I enjoyed the first. Anyway, went to see Pacific Rim yet again and hopped to see this one, walked out.
    What the fuck am I reading?

Ridill
    BG Level

Then yes, please elaborate cause i dont know what the fuck

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I saw it on Friday.

No, it wasn't any kind of The Dark Knight but it was certainly enjoyable to see and watch with a bunch of friends.

Also, that picture of Nicolas Cage hanging on the wall at the start of the movie was probably the most majestic thing i've ever seen.

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh_Quetz View Post
    Loved it, Mother Russia stole any scene she spoke in and some she didn't speak in.
    Sums it all up right there. Would recommend on this alone. Also now in love with Lindy Booth. Me likey red heads.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Fiendishone View Post
    Sums it all up right there. Would recommend on this alone.
    When this started playing during that one scene with Mother Russia, I was like "FUCK YEA Tetris!"

Ridill
    BG Level

Just finished watching it. Character-wise it was a lot better than the first. Humor-wise the first was better. Action-wise this was better(well, hitgirl's character definitely outshines any preformance from anyone in 1 at least). Plot was better in one because there wasn't really much of one aside from Hitgirl's character arc and a lot of stuff was predictable but they also seemed to heavily foreshadow all the super predictable stuff so I'm not sure if they made it obvious on purpose or not.

1's unexpected brutality was expected here, so that charm was lost and I'd guessing the filmmakers knew it cause there were hardly any brutal beatdowns into reality scenes.

I also felt a little awkward a few times in scenes involving characters that are supposed to be 15-16 years old.
    Spoiler: show
    Except for the main bitch girl's cheerleader routine. I managed to forget feeling awkward during that scene.

I think overall, 1 was better. But if you liked 1, you should definitely go see 2.

Never read the comics, but was the adrenaline shot at the end a reference to hitgirl doing coke?

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Just got back from it.
    This was just awesome.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Saw it last night. I give it a pass but parts of it seemed a little.. off. See my spoilers.

I really liked the character development with Mindy. Like her trying to make friends, going out for cheerleading, and just trying to be normal.

I liked a few scenes between her and Dave like when she snuck into his room after her date didn't turn out like she thought. I found it touching. People probably didn't like that cause they only want to she her as a badass but I liked seeing her more vunerable side.

Jim Carrey was great as Col. Stars and Stripes. I wish his character hadn't died. I guess that's what happened in the comic though idk.

The fight between Hit Girl and Mother Russia was awesome, particularly after she got the adrenaline.

Now complaints..

This one didn't have the same feel as the first one. It's hard to describe. I loved the original cause it was realistic (for the most part) and edgy. It's like they were going for more comedy this time. Even during the action scenes.

I don't like gross out humor. Like when Mindy used the "Sick Stick". That was completely out of place. They could have toned it down at least. The scene in the mean girl's room to on how Mindy reacted to the boy band video. In my head I was like, "WAT?!"

The good outweighed the bad though.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Wow. You walked out of kick ass 2? Unless you had the shits, you're an idiot. If you were expecting a dark knight. Quality movie you have a poor judgement of movies.

Great movie along the same lines as the first one. Wonder if there is going to be a third. If so, hopefully all action since this one we saw a bit more story then the first one.

The costumes were great! Mother Russia was badass.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Not really sure how they would go about making a third movie.

If it had ended somewhat similarly to the comic,
    (with Mother Fucker severely injured but still alive, the majority of the heroes getting rounded up by the police, and Hit Girl getting arrested while creating an opening for Kick-Ass to escape)
    then yeah they'd have some things to work with. But at the end of this movie we have: Mother Fucker dead, all the heroes ridding themselves of the masks, and Mindy leaving the city. Just not exactly sure what kind of plot they could make for a third movie based on how the second ended.

Overall I really enjoyed the movie though. Especially liked how they fleshed out Mindy's trying to fit in as a normal high school girl.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrarien View Post

(with Mother Fucker severely injured but still alive, the majority of the heroes getting rounded up by the police, and Hit Girl getting arrested while creating an opening for Kick-Ass to escape)
    then yeah they'd have some things to work with. But at the end of this movie we have: Mother Fucker dead, all the heroes ridding themselves of the masks, and Mindy leaving the city. Just not exactly sure what kind of plot they could make for a third movie based on how the second ended.

Overall I really enjoyed the movie though. Especially liked how they fleshed out Mindy's trying to fit in as a normal high school girl.
    To be fair, no body shown, so they could bring him back with movie magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrarien View Post

You didn't stay for the after credit, did you?
    Mother Fucker IS severely injured but still alive