Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall (August 16, 2013)

Director: Jeff Wadlow
    Writer:
    IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1650554/
    Wiki:

Synopsis:
    Someone’s discovered the hero’s identity’ territory with both Dave and Mindy being find out. It adds an exciting, and somewhat amusing twist to proceedings.

Dave’s identity as ‘Kick-Ass’ is only really revealed to the one extra person, but it’s someone important. And it has repercussions. Hit-Girl’s identity is also widely known by this point – and it evokes much nasty yabbering behind Mindy’s back by her schoolmates (she’s nicknamed “Captain Muffin-Muncher”). The worst of the mean girls, Brooke, is your typical prissy jock-marrying wannabe who controls the thoughts and feelings of her teenage followers and disciples (including innocent young Lois, whom ultimately forms a bond with Mindy). But ‘Hit-Girl’, never one to shy away from a confrontation and seemingly always equipped with the perfect weapon of self defense, gets Brooke and her bitch gang back in… let’s say, rather spectacular fashion. It involves gadgetry, projectile vomiting and much begging.
    Spoiler: show

Kick-Ass, Hit Girl and Red Mist return for the follow-up to 2010’s irreverent global hit: Kick-Ass 2. After Kick-Ass’ (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) insane bravery inspires a new wave of self-made masked crusaders, led by the badass Colonel Stars and Stripes (Jim Carrey), our hero joins them on patrol.

When these amateur superheroes are hunted down by Red Mist (Christopher Mintz-Plasse)—reborn as The Mother F%&*^r—only the blade-wielding Hit Girl (Chloë Grace Moretz) can prevent their annihilation. When we last saw junior assassin Hit Girl and young vigilante Kick-Ass, they were trying to live as normal teenagers Mindy and Dave. With graduation looming and uncertain what to do, Dave decides to start the world’s first superhero team with Mindy. Unfortunately, when Mindy is busted for sneaking out as Hit Girl, she’s forced to retire—leaving her to navigate the terrifying world of high-school mean girls on her own. With no one left to turn to, Dave joins forces with Justice Forever, run by a born-again ex-mobster named Colonel Stars and Stripes.

Just as they start to make a real difference on the streets, the world’s first super villain, The Mother F%&*^r, assembles his own evil league and puts a plan in motion to make Kick-Ass and Hit Girl pay for what they did to his dad. But there’s only one problem with his scheme: If you mess with one member of Justice Forever, you mess with them all.

Cast:

Chloë Grace Moretz - Mindy Macready / Hit-Girl
    Nicolas Cage - Damon Macready / Big Daddy
    Aaron Johnson - Dave Lizewski / Kick-Ass
    John Leguizamo - Javier
    Christopher Mintz-Plasse - Chris D'Amico / Red Mist
    Garrett M.Brown - Mr. Lizewski
    Donald Faison - Doctor Gravity
    Robert Emms - Insect Man
    Lindy Booth - Night Bitch
    Jim Carrey - The Colonel
    Olga Kurkulinka - Mother Russia
    Marcus Noble - Mustard Man

Trailers:

Clips:

Notes:

- Starts filming in September
    - They're currently seeking a "extremely tall, large, fit” 25- to 40-year-old woman to fill the role of "Mother Russia"
    - They plan to make the film just as controversial as the book it is based off of

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

at last

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yay, rape and killing children! Millar is living the dream.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Christopher Mintz-Plasse - Chris D'Amico / Red Mist
    This can't possibly be accurate, unless they're protecting a spoiler.

- They plan to make the film just as controversial as the book it is based off of
    Doubting this as well. Didn't they cut out Hit Girl's 'medicine' from the film?

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

I have no idea why but I thought the title was for Dodge Ball 2 and then I read the description and thought I forgot about major plot points from Dodge Ball 1

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Didn't really like the first movie, never read the comic/book and was hoping the movie was gonna be more so about Kiss-ass like when he was outside the restaurant fighting, instead he was useless for 95% of the movie bleh. Just couldn't connect with the other 2 kids and wanna be batman.

Pseudo-Elitist
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Spoiler for the first one I guess.
    I thought Nicolas Cage(Big Daddy) was dead, what's up with that?

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Don't be naive. This is Nicolas Cage you speak of. He is immortal after all.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Athas View Post
    Spoiler for the first one I guess.
    I thought Nicolas Cage(Big Daddy) was dead, what's up with that?
    Flashback!

Old Merits
    BG Level

That blurb shows how stupid, at least I think, kids are today. Find out one of your classmates dresses up and goes around slaughtering bad guys with guns and swords? Pick on her and make fun of her. Obviously.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Flashback!
    Actually, yeah. Same goes for Garrett M.Brown's character.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I could go for less licensed music this time around. Was one of the reasons I didn't like the Watchmen flick too much either, just takes me out of it once I hear something real-world in a fictional story.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Scrubs actor Donald Faison is currently in negotiations to join Aaron Johnson, Chloe Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Nicolas Cage and John Leguizamo in Kick-Ass 2.

Faison will play Doctor Gravity, the gravity pole wielding masked hero who fights alongside Kick-Ass. He's also one of the members of Justice Forever. This seems like a perfect part for the actor who has also appeared in films such as Remember the Titans and Can't Hardly Wait. Faison will make a great addition to the film!
    https://geektyrant.com/news/2012/8/8...ick-ass-2.html
    http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/dona...medium=twitter

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Robert Emms has been cast as Insect Man in the Jeff Wadlow-directed Kick-Ass 2. The British actor has starred in the Tarsem Singh-directed Mirror, Mirror, Steven Spielberg’s Warhorse and Roland Emmerich's Anonymous.

Insect Man is kind of a Spider-Man parody. "He claims to be a policeman but uses a costumed secret identity to do things that being a policeman doesn't allow him to do. In legal terms he would be considered a corrupt cop but his intentions appear to be noble. However, he wouldn't be the first superhero to lie about his origins, so anything he says is questionable. He joined Justice Forever, and armed with a baseball bat, assisted them in breaking up a human trafficking organization."
    https://geektyrant.com/news/2012/8/1...ick-ass-2.html
    http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/watc...es-insect-man/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

It's being reported that that Jim Carrey has been offered a supporting role in the Jeff Wadlow directed movie Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall. Carrey would play a character named The Colonel, the creator of the superhero team Justice Forever.

I hope he takes the part! I think it would actually be great to see Carrey in the film. I'm not the biggest fan of his anymore, but joining a movie like this couldn't hurt his career. According to Deadline Carrey is a big fan of director Matthew Vaughn and his original Kick-Ass film.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/8/20...ick-ass-2.html
    http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/jim-...or-kick-ass-2/

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Faison as Dr. Gravity would be awesome. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Trigun

John Leguizamo and Jim Carrey in one movie?
    It truly is the end of the world.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Actress Lindy Booth is in talks to play Night Bitch in Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall. Jeff Wadlow is directing the film while the original Kick-Ass director Mathew Vaughn is producing.

Night Bitch is one of the new superheroes that was inspired by Kick-Ass and the rise of the other Superheroes. She claims that the main driving force behind what she does was the murder of her sister, who she claims was found in a dumpster. Her identity is secret, and her origin story about her dead sister is questionable. Several of the heroes have lied about their origins. She's armed with a long pole that matches the colour of her costume, and she joined Justice Forever and participated in their first mission.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/8/22...ick-ass-2.html
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...t-bitch-364372

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

You just revealed her Identity...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Last month it was reported that Jim Carrey was offered the role of The Colonel in Jeff Wadlow's Kick-Ass 2: Balls to the Wall. It's now official, Wadlow just tweeted the news saying...

6 days till we start shooting... and we officially have our Colonel. Alrighty f'n then!
    Here's a little more detailed info on the character:

Colonel Stars used to work for John Genovese alongside the man who would become Lieutenant Stripes. Both men became born-again Christians before leaving Genovese's employment. Because of this, both survived when Kick-Ass and Hit-Girl tookthe organization down.

Colonel Stars and Lieutenant Stripes both formed Justice Forever, inviting other superheroes to join. They soon recruited Remembering Tommy, Night Bitch, Insect Man, Battle Guy and later Kick-Ass. Their first mission involved taking down a human trafficking organization.

Colonel Stars shows contradictory elements in appearing to be a hardened tough guy when in reality sometimes appearing to be quite soft. He seems to be a genuine nice person making a difference. He later admits that although he has no problems letting his dog, Sofia, eat a criminal's genitals, the guns he carries are empty and are there purely for intimidation purposes.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/9/4/...ick-ass-2.html
    http://twitter.com/JeffWadlow/status/242011635043160065

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast