Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post
    I'm still interested, if BG rolls on a server together I might give this a shot.
    I'll gladly throw down a donation when the time comes

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

well that last video was boring.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Two things that I would like to see. A hardcore mode where only headshots actually kill zombies. Maybe kneecap shots slow them down or make them crawl. The second being that they make all those accessories for those weapons loot and not have them just automatically come with the weapon, as that adds a whole other level of looking for shit and customization that I really like. (The second thing should be a given but you never know.)

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

[link deleted]

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Got that email as well titled "WarZ Beta Access" and was like sweet I got in... then saw it was the same thing.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Very curious about this game. Pre-ordering it when I get a chance to watch a few more videos.

So many good games coming out this fall.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Got me a beta key will let you know how it is

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Play like a more casual version of days so far. I beat a zombie to death with a flashlight. Feels good.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Game is fun. and its absolutely gorgeous.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^Good to hear. I'd defiantly like to try this out. Day Z got me interested but I never bothered with the hassle needed to DL it etc.

Anyone have a spare key?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

So the game is out now and it's just a 50 player deathmatch instead of being an MMO.

The launch of a survival-based zombie MMO should be a joyous occasion, with children singing songs of gratitude and greatness. With The War Z's arrival on Steam, however, the only songs being sung are those of deceit and betrayal.

According to users (and the many tips we received!), The War Z defrauds customers by lying about key features and promising things that aren't even in the game. The game's store page makes many claims, most of which are said to be untrue.

"Hammerpoint is very deceptive with the information about the game, verse what is actually being provided and sold to us gamers," writes a very stern user review. "They want you to believe the game is something it's not. An example is the fabricated screenshots on the Official War Z Steam page. Those are all in fact not of actual in-game footage. Instead, those were staged which is confirmed by the developers themselves in a past interview.

"It's made to look like there are massive hordes of Zombies that you're trying to stay alive against. The truth is, turn those zombies into other survivors attempting to kill you and it would lean more towards the truth."

Although the game suggests you'll be staying alive against zombies, the undead are apparently of no threat whatsoever, while other players provide the actual challenge.

Reddit breaks down some of the other alleged falsehoods, including claims of a "huge and persistent world" when there's only one map measuring 72 square km. Private servers are boasted of, but don't exist. It's claimed you can spend experience points on skills, but there's currently no skill system. Customers are told the servers support up to 100 players, but they only support 50. The game's apparently in a beta phase at best, but that's not mentioned at all on the storefront.

These all seem to be features the developer intends to put in at some point, but with the game still in development beyond the point of sale, it's not exactly fair to present them as already being in the product. Generally, games with upcoming features list them as, y'know, upcoming features, rather than let the paying user believe they're available right at launch.

Another criticism is the fact that it's set up like a free-to-play game, with credits that must be purchased, despite charging users an initial $14.99. Developer Hammerpoint has also been accused of getting users to buy the game directly from its site rather than Steam, by claiming it'd be raising the Steam price. However, after it launched on Steam, Hammerpoint went and lowered the price. As you might expect, folk aren't too happy about that little stunt.

As you might expect, the Steam forums are alight with criticism and outrage, with such topics as, "I feel like a sucker," "Report this game to Steam as a Scam/fraud and request it be removed," and, "This game literally gave me cancer." Some users are reporting having their posts removed and abilities to post banned after lodging complaints.

Naturally, there are users defending The War Z from complaints. One player says it is the critics who are lying, claiming they're little more than "raging" Day Z fanboys. However, even the defender admits the title is in beta. Others have also claimed that, while Hammerpoint made a 50-player deathmatch game rather than the promised zombie survival MMO, it's still pretty fun.

Whether it's still fun or not, it seems many paying customers feel cheated and lied to, and that's not exactly a healthy message accompanying the launch of the game. Even those sticking up for it seem hard pressed to demonstrate that what Hammerpoint promises in its sales pitch is the actual product folk are buying, so the only thing you can do at the moment is be careful before you consider forking over any cash.

Of course, seeing as it's currently Steam's top seller ... that warning might be coming a little late.
    http://www.destructoid.com/the-war-z...d-240814.phtml
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/226700
    http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comme...tly_lie_about/

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Wow. That is fucked up. I was actually looking forward to something like Day Z without all the run around to get it working. /sadface

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

hope nobody buys this, Ive been following it for about a month and a half and everything is inconsistent about it as well as super fucking shady devs.
    is the image in question linked from reddit, totalbiscuit did a video on the game and no it does not at all look beautiful, it looks like shit, similar to unreal tournament era graphics, you know, the game that came out late 90s.
    dont buy this game please, all you will do is waste money and qq

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'll just wait for standalone DayZ methinks

The totalbiscuit video that Sonomaa mentioned:

it looks like someone took textures from good games and stretched them out over models featuring about 3 polygons

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The Terms and Conditions that you have to agree to are Copied directly from League of Legends, they even forgot to remove the League of Legends references from it.

http://i.imgur.com/EBOr7.jpg

Almost all if not ALL assets are directly copied and pasted from War Inc, if only a few assets were from it then I would say okay, but if from a game that has supposedly been in the making for TWO years has almost NO original textures, weapons, vehicles, or buildings then it should set off a Red Alarm at the least.

Also, the Minimum Requirements that were posted weeks ago were changed and we are only notified at the download page less then two hours ago, so if you assumed you could run this game, you most likely cannot due to them hiding this information until after you paid for it.

Here are some videos that explains things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXKu5lV69V8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUlhkTIzUa4

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

oh wow, it's the number one selling item on Steam right now... feel bad for the people wasting their money. feel even worse that the company who's made this thing will think they did well and will proceed to make more cash vampires in the future.