Thread: Unsolved Mysteries     submit to reddit submit to twitter

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Unsolved Mysteries

How recently has the https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Unsolved_Mysteries page been looked at?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Engraved_Tablet for one is solved, it's for ZNMs.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Blastbomb asks if the bind is ice or fire based, and I'm pretty sure it was confirmed all the enfeebles from BLU spells retain their original element. I know I personally tried, ages ago, silencing a low-level Ice Elemental with Radiant Breath and that didn't work.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Ebon_Panels being there is just funny, safe to say it's a lost cause to figure out what SE was ever planning for them.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    How recently has the https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Unsolved_Mysteries page been looked at?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Engraved_Tablet for one is solved, it's for ZNMs.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Blastbomb asks if the bind is ice or fire based, and I'm pretty sure it was confirmed all the enfeebles from BLU spells retain their original element. I know I personally tried, ages ago, silencing a low-level Ice Elemental with Radiant Breath and that didn't work.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Ebon_Panels being there is just funny, safe to say it's a lost cause to figure out what SE was ever planning for them.
    Considering the entries, I would say it hasn't been looked at in a long-ass time.

I will change the Engraved Tables to a Targetable Location entry. Blastbomb needs to be put into the new template. Ebon Panels will stay there, because they will always be unsolved mysteries in all of our hearts.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Wait weren't Ebon Panels used in a CoP mission to clear your emptiness?

From BGwiki:

Retrieving your light:

First, you need to climb to the fourth floor of a specific tower in The Garden of Ru'Hmet, which are located in the five points of the map.
    Each tower corresponds to one of the five races.
    Light of Mea - Elvaan.
    Light of Dem- Mithra.
    Light of Holla- Tarutaru.
    Light of Vahzl- Humes.
    Light of Al'Taieu- Galka.
    This can be done solo, or with your party, but each person will need to get to the top of their corresponding tower.
    Once at the fourth floor, check the Ebon Panel for a cutscene and a new title
    This is why I never understood why people thought the Ebon Panels had some kind of significance for anything. Why did people even consider that they had something to do with AV? Am I wooshing hard here? I always heard about theories from people saying Ebon Panels have no use but they're clearly used in CoP missions!

confirmed all the enfeebles from BLU spells retain their original element.
    Pretty sure Sheep Song and Yawn are light based sleep.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Wait weren't Ebon Panels used in a CoP mission to clear your emptiness?

From BGwiki:

This is why I never understood why people thought the Ebon Panels had some kind of significance for anything. Why did people even consider that they had something to do with AV? Am I wooshing hard here? I always heard about theories from people saying Ebon Panels have no use but they're clearly used in CoP missions!

There are also Ebon Panels in the Grand Palace of Hu'Xzoi. If I remember correctly, these are the ones that did nothing about which the mystery referred.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Ohhh OK. That makes a lot more sense then. Wasn't sure if I was crazy.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Why are smithing and alchemy in general Unsolved Mysteries? rofl

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Actually, that is a really good question. There is a category tag for it on both pages, but no actual mystery noted. Maybe someone put a mystery on the page and it was solved but no one removed the text. Or perhaps they forgot the add the mystery, like "How exactly does Wise Owl make you feel his power, and does he lubricate first?"

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    why is Treasure Hunter not in Unsolved mysteries?!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    why is Treasure Hunter not in Unsolved mysteries?!
    Everybody gave up?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Why when you exit mog house facing moogle, you end up facing outwards into the street, but when you exit facing the door, your camera pans towards mog house?!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    Actually, that is a really good question. There is a category tag for it on both pages, but no actual mystery noted. Maybe someone put a mystery on the page and it was solved but no one removed the text. Or perhaps they forgot the add the mystery, like "How exactly does Wise Owl make you feel his power, and does he lubricate first?"
    I figured it has to be skill levels on certain synths.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Light based sleep is valid from other sources, previously in lullaby, then after? in repose. But all silence sources are wind, all paralyze sources are ice, etc. If Radiant Breath had a light-based silence it should've worked fine on an ice elemental.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I figured it has to be skill levels on certain synths.
    Skill levels should either be {{Question}} for the Information Needed category or {{Verification}} for the Verification category.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    Skill levels should either be {{Question}} for the Information Needed category or {{Verification}} for the Verification category.
    Emphasis on should be.

Also, came across one of these tonight: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Cactuar_Needle ...ffxiah page says nobody knows of a use for it. Otherwiki lists nothing but apparently the Kuzotz region vendor sells them, so that makes even less sense if they do nothing.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Emphasis on should be.

Also, came across one of these tonight: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Cactuar_Needle ...ffxiah page says nobody knows of a use for it. Otherwiki lists nothing but apparently the Kuzotz region vendor sells them, so that makes even less sense if they do nothing.
    its used for chinese akupuncture! Didnt you ever try to do that in FFXI!?

joke aside, I think Nidhogg scales arent used for anything either. But since SE has latly such a hard on to implement fucked up crafts with ingridients from fucked up mobs noone fucking cares anymre, i wouldnt hold my breath it wont get used in the futur!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    its used for chinese akupuncture! Didnt you ever try to do that in FFXI!?

joke aside, I think Nidhogg scales arent used for anything either. But since SE has latly such a hard on to implement fucked up crafts with ingridients from fucked up mobs noone fucking cares anymre, i wouldnt hold my breath it wont get used in the futur!
    I thought I remembered Nidhogg scales getting added to a recipe for a furnishing or something silly sometime around the 80 cap increase? I could be remembering incorrectly though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's for winged balance.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Hey, as long as we have a dev who actually seems to reply to people...how about asking the year long question of why Thokcha and Palladian ores arent mineable, while Wyrdstrand and Squamous hides are farmable in the field.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ditto ormulo ingot (and why it has no ores) and staghorn coral!

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Hey, as long as we have a dev who actually seems to reply to people...how about asking the year long question of why Thokcha and Palladian ores arent mineable, while Wyrdstrand and Squamous hides are farmable in the field.
    I've been wondering this recently, has anyone tried Halvung/Zhaylom? Or those high level worms in Kuftal or something?