FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BlazBlue Chronophantasma’s New Story Character Is Close To Kagura Mutsuki
    Famitsu revealed a new character in BlazBlue Chronophantasma’s story mode, Hibiki Kohaku who is close to Kagura Mutsuki. Kagura is playable in the PlayStation 3 version of BlazBlue Chronophantasma.

The home release has the usual modes: challenge mode, score attack mode, unlimited mars mode, and tutoral mode. All of these extra modes have been refreshed and expanded for BlazBlue Chronophantasma.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/29...agura-mutsuki/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

New Modes, Challenges for Console Version
    Arc System Works polished the extra modes in BlazBlue: Chronophantasma. A report from Famitsu explains all characters have challenge mode missions and old characters have renewed missions. There are new options like slow motion viewing and a key log function.

Score attack mode has players fight through 10 characters without continues. Unlimited Mars has players fight against powerful BlazBlue Unlimited characters. You can continue in this mode, but since the game saves your clear time continuing affects your rank. Other reports online say Unlimited Mars characters have their own distortion drive. Tutorial mode has more full voice acting with characters including Noel, Makoto, and Tsubaki.

Kagura, one of the new characters for the console version of BlazBlue: Chronophantasma, shows up if you can get the true ending in story mode. Kagura’s drive is Black Gale, which lets him switch between three different fighting stances. He can switch between grappling skills, sword techniques that do multiple hits, and a giant sword & shield.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/29...hallenge-mode/
    http://www.famitsu.com/news/201305/30033990.html

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

English Trailer

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Faylan to record the main theme
    Japanese singer Faylan will be performing music for Arc System Works’ upcoming BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma fighting game, as well as for the upcoming anime series, BlazBlue Alter Memory.

Anime News Network reports that Faylan announced the news at her final performance during her “Faylan Live Tour 04 – Prism” tour. Her theme song for BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma will be called “Blue Sanction”.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/02...antasma-theme/
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-opening-theme

Examples of tracks by her;
    Spoiler: show
    prism flower

Dead End (Mirai Nikki anime OP)

RED Decision (Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Universe Accel/Cosmic Drive video game OP)

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/04...other-tidbits/

BlazBlue: Chronophantasma Takes Us 80% Through The Saga And Other Tidbits

Siliconera sat down with Toshimichi Mori to talk about BlazBlue: Chronophantasma. We started talking about new characters, then we touched on XBlaze: Code Embyro and freemium fighting games. If there’s one thing to take home from this interview is Mori-san is BlazBlue’s storyline will have an ending and he’s committed to seeing the saga through.

We we met to talk about BlazBlue: Continuum Shift you said we were about halfway through the BlazBlue storyline. How far does BlazBlue: Chronophantasma take us?

Toshimichi Mori, Producer: I plan on revealing most of the major mysteries behind everything that has led up to this point in the story.

How do Kagura Mutsuki and Yuki Terumi fit into the BlazBlue story?

Kagura is the character that will lead everyone to make the story proceed. [Laughs] I can’t talk about Yuki Terumi because if I tell you now that will spoil things.

It seems like a lot of characters have true forms…

[Laughs] The characters in BlazBlue grow up along with the story, so some of them may end up surprising people.

What other BlazBlue character will surprise fans?

Hmm… Ranga! [Laughs]

Kagura’s fighting system is interesting since he can switch between different move sets using his drive.

I developed Kagura to make the game accessible to people and easier to play. You can play impulsively with Kagura. You get into a stance and push a button and he’ll do something cool. He’s easy to operate, but once you start playing him there is a lot of depth to his movements. You know Street Fighter IV? He’s like Guile.

I played a little bit of Chronophantasma, mostly with Bullet. Where did you get the idea for the Lockon drive. (This attack makes Bullet rush towards the other player for a grab attack.)

The idea for "lockon" was in the original BlazBlue concept document. I had this idea from the very beginning and was debating on using it for Tager. Because Tager has his current drive, I saved the idea and decided to use it for Bullet.

What can you tell us about Yuki, other than he’s a major villain?

Compared to other characters, Yuki has a lot of distortion drives. His special power is absorbing energy from other characters. He puts pressure on other players and more like Ragna.

Will we have any DLC characters?

No. But there will be DLC, colors and voices.

What about DLC scenarios?

No. I wanted to put all of the contents for the game in the game when you purchase it. You know the full roster too.

Why is BlazBlue: Chronophantasma only for PlayStation 3? I understand in Japan, the Xbox 360 market has shrunk, but in North America there are many fighting game fans that play on Xbox 360 using Xbox Live. Why did you make BlazBlue: Chronophantasma a PS3 exclusive here?

I don’t know!

But, it is developed on uniform hardware being made on a PC so it can be ported…

Aksys: That’s a question for Arc System Works.

Minoru Kidooka, President of Arc System Works: That’s an Aksys question. [Laughs]

TM: [Laughs] I didn’t make that decision.

Aside from BlazBlue, you’re working on a visual novel too, XBlaze: Code Embyro. While BlazBlue is story driven, why did you want to make a game that’s completely story driven.

TM: I want to stress that I wrote everything for BlazBlue: Chronophantasma. I spent a lot of time on that. [Laughs] Because there was an environment to create something like XBlaze, so why not? Wouldn’t you want to make fried eggs if you saw a frying pan and eggs laying around?

Both BlazBlue and XBlaze have one common theme – what is power. For XBlaze, the focus is on justice. People view power in different ways. Is power the amount of power you hold compared to someone else? This game will be a view between your personal view of power and a grand concept of power. In Xblaze, each character views power a different way and the grand theme is what kind of power is needed for you to walk down the path you chose.

Mori-san, you know Aksys has been a big supporter of visual novels in the West. Do you think they will localize it?

TM: [Laughs] I have high hopes they will pick it up.

We’ve seen BlazBlue characters appear in other games, but fans always ask me to ask you about a BlazBlue and Guilty Gear crossover.

TM: No!

MK: Someday.

TM: [Laughs] I don’t have a plan to do it until I finish BlazBlue completely.

MK: We’re 80% through…

TM: You never know because we might go 1% every year after that. [Laughs] We will lend our characters to people, but we will never put anyone else’s characters into the BlazBlue story.

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate and Tekken are experimenting with a freemium model to bring more players into the fighting game genre. What do you think of this strategy?

TM: Honestly, I was curious about it on my own and I wanted to try it out. I was thinking about it, but Mr. Harada [Tekken producer] beat me to it. I want to try someday.

Everything is after I complete the entire BlazBlue story. I want to see the story to completion and have it finalized before branching out. All of the other fighting games have a never ending story, I want to have one fighting game with a definitive ending because nobody has done this before.

I think BlazBlue’s story is much more integral than other fighting games.

TM: The stories in King of Fighters and Tekken are interesting. You know the interaction between Kazuya, Heihachi, and so forth.

So when do you think you will complete the story?

TM: [Laughs] I don’t know.

Hmm.. so it might not even be on these current consoles.

TM: Yeah, I haven’t decided. It took me three years to finish Chronophantasma.

Kidooka-san do you think Mori-san takes too long between sequels? Other Japanese companies and Western companies aim to have yearly sequels and it’s nice that you give Mori-san plenty of time to write Chronophantasma.

TM: [Laughs]

MK: That’s a hard question to answer. He’s very busy. [Laughs.] We’re actually releasing games every week, but they’re probably too small so nobody notices.

We noticed! Arc System Works has a strong relationship with Circle Entertainment and even brings Western games like Nano Assault Neo to Japan.

MK: Our company is preparing an environment to have a staggered schedule where main releases come one after another. That’s our plan, but please consider the size of Arc System Works compared to other larger companies.

Arc System Works is known for making a polished anime look with BlazBlue, of course, and other games like Hard Corps Uprising and Persona 4 Arena. How do you plan to enhance that for PS4 and Xbox One?

MK: Currently, we are brainstorming. Guilty Gear Xrd is a title we’re considering to bring to the next generation.

TM: We still haven’t announced anything for Microsoft, but we are a PlayStation 4 developer.

What do you think about Wii U? In Japan, you’re supporting it.

MK: I’m lost for an answer. That’s a difficult question.

How did Persona 4 Arena do for Arc System Works?

MK: As a company, we did well and we were successful in tapping into a new fanbase for fighting games.

TM: Arc System Works answered Index’s requests and the most we could do was suggest characters for it. For instance, I asked if we could make [Ryotaro] Dojima a character and they said no. I guess the characters I picked weren’t as well known so they were all denied. Nanako was the other one. They said like, "Hell no. Why did you even think that?"

Will you make a Nanako sized character for BlazBlue?

TM: [Laughs.] It’s possible. Small characters hard to control in a fighting game

What do you want to say to all of the BlazBlue fans out there?

I want BlazBlue fans to look forward to the network mode because we put a lot of time and work behind it. The feeling is as if the US players were at an arcade hanging out and that’s the feeling what I was going for. There will be lobbies now. At the end of the day, BlazBlue is a fighting game so I just wanted to let fans know we put a lot of effort into network play.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

http://www.twitch.tv/jyosua

Stream going on at the moment with Chrono Phantasma being played.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

http://shoryuken.com/2013/07/17/blaz...nline-lobbies/

This week’s Famitsu included a bit of new information regarding BlazBlue: Chronophantasma and its online lobbies. While we’ve known of the support for some time, Arc System Works has revealed that each lobby will support up to 64 players and allow text chat between matches. Chibi-style characters will allow players to navigate through these lobbies, based off various cities from the BlazBlue world.

Much of this information was already known thanks to a previous interview with producer Toshimichi Mori, but now we have a concrete figure for the size of the online lobbies.

http://shoryuken.com/wp-content/uplo...p-online-5.jpg

Players waiting for online Chronophantasma matches will also be able to fight CPU opponents and train up, similar to other titles. Lastly, if you’re new to the BlazBlue universe, the series’ “Teach Me, Miss Litchi!” vignettes will be returning to get you up to speed with the game’s extensive story, plot lines, and more.

http://shoryuken.com/wp-content/uplo...p-online-2.jpg

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Blazblue: Chronophantasma will have an extra playable character on PlayStation 3. Kokone, a catgirl that helps guide players with her humorous Help Me! Professor Kokone interludes, will be join the fighting game’s roster.

Kokone brings the power of science to battle… and a hammer and wrench to use as weapons. Blazblue: Chronophantasma is slated for release on October 24 in Japan and early 2014 in North America.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/11...ble-character/
    http://gamenyarth.blog67.fc2.com/blog-entry-14054.html

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I was wondering if they'd ever make her playable.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I wonder if she has a super where she summons Tager without his consent and throws him at the opponent.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I'm kinda of curious as to what her actual fighting style will be, like she's not really a fighter but iirc she's a direct descendant of that one super powerful witch and Jubei?

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    Astral Heat
    omg yes lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Kokonoe will be a pay-for DLC character

Kokonoe will leave her lab and enter Blazblue: Chronophantasma as a playable character… for a price. Famitsu says Kokonoe is a paid DLC character, which is interesting because when we talked to Blazblue producer Toshimichi Mori he said while Chronophantasma will have paid DLC like voice packs the game would not have any paid DLC characters.

Kokonoe uses mecha and tools in battle, kind of like a scientist. Don’t be deceived by her smart look, Kokonoe is a speedy and furious fighter.

The Kokonoe DLC pack does not have a release date.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/09/11...ronophantasma/
    http://www.famitsu.com/news/201309/12039762.html
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/12...ully-revealed/

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    lol yesssssss

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Kokonoe will be a pay-for DLC character
    Looks like I'll wait for the BBCP2/Extend/etc edition. Terumi is also in as a pre-order bonus, or DLC purchase.

Still hearing jack shit about the Vita version though, even though it and a 3DS port were announced. Would love to know if it'll be cross-play with PS3 or not.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Kokonoe as a DLC is only the beginning- now people will start nagging for Jubei, but I digress....

Dat Tager Beammmmmmmm~

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I don't even care take all of my money

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast