BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Why is there no BB anime? It would work out flawlessly

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

90% of each episode would be conjecture if they want to get the plot remotely done in time, unless the idea is to drag it out DBZ style with 5 episodes of action filly for every nugget of actual plot.

Also, fuck the Abyss related trophies in BBCSE, wtf. So much time farming the items....

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    BB Arcade has you choose either setups during character select, or at least that I recall from the BBCS leak.
    Yeah, Type 1 is ABCD, Type 2 is DABC

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

I don't remember getting that option, but it was a long time ago so I probably just forgot about it. My bad then. Still, D in upper right is superior!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma was just announced for arcade release, but Arc has quickly confirmed a PlayStation 3 port. The PS3 version is mentioned in this week's Famitsu.

Sinobi, which gets Famitsu in advance of its Thursday release date, says that the PS3 conversion is listed in the magazine's PS3 release schedule. The release schedule lists the game as date TBA. The arcade version, which runs on Taito's Type-X2 arcade board, has been announced for Winter release.

Sinobi's report does not mention an Xbox 360 version. It's unclear if the magazine's release chart does not list an Xbox 360 version or if Sinobi forgot to transcribe it.
    http://andriasang.com/con25u/blazblue_chrono_ps3/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Our previous report about the PlayStation 3 version of BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma was a bit inaccurate. We said that the game appears in Famitsu's release list this week. It's actually part of a full preview, complete with an interview with series producer Toshimichi Mori.

The preview's information box only lists PlayStation 3. When a game is multiplatform on PS3 and Xbox 360, Famitsu's previews usually show both platforms. Text in the magazine also refers just to the PS3, so unless the magazine made some serious editing mistakes, it looks like the home version is currently PS3 only (at least in Japan).

In his interview Mori says that the concept of Chrono Phantasma is "Making with a new feeling," meaning the team is treating it as a new title.

The home conversion will have a lot of effort placed into its network mode. Mori teased that if they're able to realize all their goals in this area, they'll end up with something amazing.

Mori also said that he hopes to add lots of gameplay elements to keep players playing. He also gave a nod to the story mode.

Development on the home version of Chrono Phantasma is currently at 30%, Famitsu says. The home version is date TBA. The arcade version was announced late last week with a winter release time frame.

4Gamer attended the arcade version's recent location test.
    http://andriasang.com/con260/blazblue_net_mode/
    http://www.4gamer.net/games/178/G017851/20120807066/

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Ffffffffffffffffffff I really hope that doesn't mean I have a deadline to dual mod my fraudstick.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

well CT and CS were both released in arcades around late fall/wintertime, console releases for both occurred in the following summer (CT was late june and CS was late July iirc). so you've got until probably june/july of next year.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Amane

Azrael

Bullet

New Noel

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

HK is gonna get hype for Dude-Rose

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Nitsuki is getting hype for Noel in a mini skirt.

Also, holy shit at the size of Bullet's rack. I think Arksys is just just trying to get more characters for Tao / fandom to be obsessed with.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    Nitsuki is getting hype for Noel in a mini skirt.
    She be fine, her skirt's the same length i think, it's just harder to notice because of the old costume. Lol

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Not sure if it's a spoiler from CSE but I'm wondering how Noel turns back into herself from Mu-12. I'm only Ragna and Noel into the storyline though.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You'll get your answer from the True Ending route- too much spoiler to say how.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You guys figure this will revitalize the community some after CS2/CSE bleedin' interest?

I've been around on CSE lately, and it's 99% scrubs online, which is saying a lot since I'm not that good at the game. I just did a 19 match win streak on Tager before I got bored, and I can't even do his combos online well vs 0-1 connections. Would have been 20 wins, but I got my first CSE rage quit right prior to double-round perfecting a Tsubaki.

Not that hard to learn to stay the fuck away from a Tager who can 360 grab on a whim....., hope they don't fuck with him too much in CP, I like the way he sits in CSE atm. Charged up 236B is amazing for screen clearance, not sure if that was added in CS2 or CSE, but whichever it was, wish I knew he had it earlier.

Hardly anyone online these days though in it, only around 8-10 rooms, most of which are 2-3 folks at most. Not jumped aboard P4A yet so I'm kinda sitting here in limbo between CSE and waiting on SG's patch.....whenever the fuck that hits.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

famitsu details apparently
    -Japanese arcade release confirmed for Winter 2012.
    -Game will be at TGS in September.
    -There will be another loketest, but a date has not been decided on.
    -Still no mention of an Xbox release.

-There will only be 3 story modes + a True Ending. You switch between several characters throughout each story as opposed to just playing as one throughout and all three stories are interconnected.
    -Each story has a different boss.
    -Bullet is based off of a beta design for Tager. Her drive is what Tager's was originally going to be.
    -Amane was Tomokazu Sugita's (Ragna's JP VA) idea.
    -Amane plays some sort of role in Rachel's plans.
    -The Six Heroes and Sector Seven are both central parts of the plot. The Six Heroes subplot will be concluded in this game.
    -Arakune speaks in coherent sentences now.
    -Bullet and Azrael were both specifically created to have a major impact on the plot.
    -Azrael was created as a character that actually has a reason to be fighting the entire cast.
    -Azrael has a "deep relation" with both Tager and Kokonoe.
    -Bang will play an extremely important role in the story.
    -Chronofantasma means "the illusion of time."
    -CP was originally intended to be the last game in the series, but they're having trouble wrapping up the plot and he mentioned that it probably won't be.

-The old characters all had their themes remixed. He noted that MOTOR HEAD, for instance, has a totally different feel to it.
    -All voice clips have been rerecorded.
    -There are currently about 12 stages. The only stage from previous games is Rachel's.
    -Jin does not have a new outfit because he's not the kind of character who cares too much about what he's wearing.
    -The console version will have a CS-like tutorial and an Abyss-like mode. Other features are still in the planning stages.

-Mu and Lambda are confirmed to not be playable... but he did mention that both would be in story mode...
    -There is a currently-unannounced boss character.
    -Of the three new characters, Amane is the most difficult to play. Bullet is the easiest.
    -Amane's drill do lots of chip damage. (Mori mentioned that Amane cares more about dealing chip than anyone else.) He also cares more about hit-confirms than other characters.
    -Azrael is slow and while his gameplay is intended to revolve around his Drive, he can still fight well without it. Mori compared him to Hakumen in terms of gameplay.
    -Bullet's Drive throws are strike throws. (IE, they're blockable grabs that can be comboed into ala KoF)
    -Overdrive is intended to be the offensive equivalent to Bursts. He noted that matches tend to end quickly once someone activates OD.
    -Devoured By Darkness isn't the only super move that's better in Overdrive...
    -Noel has a new Astral.
    -Combos are shorter in this one as per fan request. Fans also complained that the game was too slow, so matches are supposed to be faster now.
    -He dropped a hint (and nothing more) that Saya might be playable in the console version. This is not a confirmation!
    -Some characters have been given more drastic changes than others. As an example, he mentioned that Ragna is mostly intact from Extend, but Jin and Arakune have both received extensive changes.
    -On that note, he mentioned that they're trying to limit Arakune's Curse more.
    -Stylish Mode is being reworked. He specifically mentioned P4U here...

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

-Bang will play an extremely important role in the story.
    In other words, he'll Clouseau his way into something big, and will likely not have a fucking clue what a mess he's in.

-CP was originally intended to be the last game in the series, but they're having trouble wrapping up the plot and he mentioned that it probably won't be.
    Nothing a canon novel can't resolve.

-All voice clips have been rerecorded.
    By the original actors I hope. The English reps they had for the CSE-specific story content sounded horrible up against the originals.

-Mu and Lambda are confirmed to not be playable... but he did mention that both would be in story mode...
    That'll piss off a lot of people. How many fighting games drop characters between revisions? Outside of KOF, which brought back some as DLC, I can't recall many.

-There is a currently-unannounced boss character.
    Inb4 Omega-14 to follow the Noel clone trend.

Fans also complained that the game was too slow, so matches are supposed to be faster now.
    I hope they're referring to the general pacing of the matches, as I find the overall handling to be fast enough as is.

-Stylish Mode is being reworked. He specifically mentioned P4U here...
    How did P4A handle it anyways? Was it integrated into the general controls? I recall seeing something about mashing A for auto-combos. I kinda like how Stylish gimped you by allowing no burst or barrier in exchance for dial-a-combo in BBCS/E. It allowed me to pummel scrubs.

Going to miss some of the old locales, but glad to see they're at least doing more than just more story + more characters this time around unlike the previous two releases. Should keep things feeling fresh, as long as the new music is comparable to the original, hopefully vocal-free still.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I wouldn't get too worked up about dropping Mu and Nu/Lambda. If the game is handled well, it might be the third strike of BB. They dropped pretty much everyone from SF2 and that game still has some fans lauding it as the best one ever.

I'm still interested in Bullet since I dabble in grapplers, but fuck 720/1080 motions. =/

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The translator sucks

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Holy shit that translator sucks so much.....

Edit: After watching a few LockTests, I really like how they did everyone.

Also, @ 2:34