1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 11 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 48 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 11 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Upgraded to GenbuPT-3.5
    BG Level

Announcing the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Gear Design Contest! (08/10/2012)

HAY GUYZ ITS GENBU UPDATE!!!111

Announcing the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Gear Design Contest! (08/10/2012)

With the Seventh Umbral Era fast approaching, adventurers of Eorzea will need to be well-prepared if they hope to endure the coming crisis. Unprecedented dangers demand items of unimaginable power--unimaginable by us alone, that is. However, with the combined creativity of our community, we hope to create an epic ring to aid adventurers as they struggle to survive and forge new legends in a realm reborn.

Are you a frustrated goldsmith with aspirations of fame? Or are you merely a marauder who enjoys collecting shiny trinkets? Regardless of your background, we challenge adventurers to design a ring of exquisite, alluring beauty imbued with potent, esoteric enchantments.

The development and operations teams will select ten finalists, and the community itself will vote on and select the three rings that will appear in-game! How to Enter

Contestants must possess an active FINAL FANTASY XIV service account.

All contestants must agree to the defined terms and conditions.

* Contestants under the age of 18 must obtain the permission of a legal guardian before submitting entries.

Entry Period

Friday, August 10, 2012 (PDT) to Monday, September 3, 2012 11:59pm (PDT)

Theme

Design a ring to fit the fingers of Eorzean adventurers everywhere!

Design

Designs may be created with image editing software, graphics software or hand-drawn.
    The design is for a ring that will be equipped on either the index or ring finger up to the joint.
    * Please do not use in-game assets or graphics for entries.

Examples from the Design Team:
    http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to...642f721e72707a

Prizes

Grand Prize Winner: Self-designed item and an exclusive in-game item (1 winner)
    Runners-up: Self-designed item (2 winners)
    Honorable Mention: Exclusive in-game item (7 winners)
    * Please note that the number of winners for each category is subject to change.

All designs implemented into the game are subject to adjustments by the development team.

At the commencement of service for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, winners will be notified via the e-mail address registered to their Square Enix Account. Prize delivery will take place after the launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Entry Method

Submissions may only be sent via email. The body of the mail should contain all of the required information listed below, with the image attached (see below for file format/size information). Emails should be sent to the following address.

Email Subject: Gear Design Contest

http://static.finalfantasyxiv.com/to...b0febdf628af92
    Required Information: Square Enix ID

Character name

World name

Nickname (max. 40 characters)

Entry title (max. 50 characters)

Personal comment or caption for your entry (max. 100 characters)

Ring stats (max. 50 characters)

Ring name (max. 25 characters)

* Ring name and stats are subject to adjustments by the development team.
    * Should your entry be chosen, the above nickname (or your real name if submitted), entry title, and personal comment will appear along with your artwork.

Entry Format:

Images should have a resolution between 1024x1024 and 1280x1280 pixels.

Images should be in either JPG or GIF format.

For hand-drawn entries, please submit a photo or scan matching the above requirements. Entries must be original work that was created for this contest.

* Please submit only one attachment with the email. Multiple entries from a single player will not be accepted.

Voting

After the development and operations teams select the finalists, players will vote and determine the winners.

Please Note

Before entering this contest please read over all of the below. By entering a submission for this contest you agree to the entry requirements as well as the rules and acknowledge that Square Enix, Inc. will not be held responsible for any copyright or intellectual property infringement of third-parties. You also acknowledge that in the case where a third-party’s copyright is violated, the person submitting the entry will be held responsible.

Prizes

Prizes cannot be transferred to other players. Prizes will be delivered after the launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Personal Information

Personal information submitted with entries will be used to contact the user for prize delivery. All information will be treated carefully and in accordance with the policies of Square Enix, Inc.

Regarding Inappropriate Submissions:

Entries falling under either of the below categories will not be considered by the judges:

- artwork containing obscenity, vulgarity, discrimination, or any other offensive subject matter
    - artwork containing any plagiarized or copyrighted material

The following factors may also result in disqualification:

- infringements upon copyright/intellectual property, personal credit, privacy, etc.
    - counter to public order and/or morals
    - submissions with content judged to be grossly deviant from the established theme
    - entries not containing all of the required information, or containing erroneous information

Square Enix reserves the right to judge whether or not material is appropriate for public display

Warning

In the case an entry violates a third-party’s copyright, the user’s FINAL FANTASY XIV service account may be suspended or canceled.

Regarding Copyrights:

All submitted entries will become the sole property of Square Enix (in accordance with all rights stipulated by International Copyright Law, Articles 21~26, Article 27, and Article 28, together with all rights provisioned by future amendments to said Articles).

*SQUARE ENIX OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES
    All entries and other materials (the "Entry Materials") (including all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary rights associated therewith) submitted by you become the property of Square Enix upon submission, and Entry Materials will not be returned to any contestant. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge that Square Enix will own all rights to use, modify, and make derivative works of the Entry Materials, without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity. You agree to take, at Square Enix's expense, any further action (including, without limitation, execution of affidavits and other documents) reasonably requested by Square Enix to effect, perfect, or confirm Square Enix's ownership rights as set forth above in this paragraph. Entry Materials may be used by contestants only for purposes of the contest or for private, personal, non-public viewing. Entry materials received by Square Enix may be destroyed by Square Enix at any time following the contest.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

man if i could draw i would do this in a heart beat i have an idea for a bad ass ring / ring set

Old Merits
    BG Level

Re: Announcing the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Gear Design Contest! (08/10/2012)

Someone make one with haste on it.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

^----- if this was facebook i'd click like on that guy's

then hang myself

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satu Rhean
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

An unholy combination of Rajas Ring and Defending Ring with 5% Haste.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The top 10 finalists are in for players to vote on~ https://support.na.square-enix.com/f...&la=1&fo=90026

Pretty impressive work... kinda' glad I didn't end up submitting because I would have been embarrassed. The stats aren't revealed though (aside from one who put the info on the image). My vote is for the last one... although 9 is nice too.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Dang, you need to log in to view the images. Stuck at work without my token again.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i like the first 3. voted the legacy ring cos of its symbolism

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

From what I saw on the OF a ton of entrants used the Dalamud motif so I was actually annoyed by that :D

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Illidan

Can someone explain #8 to me? :/ I just don't seem to get it... is it a staircase?

Was really impressed by the finalists though.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

That one makes the least sense. I don't understand it either.

It's so hard not to vote for the Spriggan ring...

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

All very nice designs, I went with #3 as well though. It will have much meaning to all us 1.0 folk!

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I like the Dalamud one.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

one thing that kinda bugged me...
    im guessing that whoever submitted #6 or the people who processed the applications have never heard of the Cartier Trinity ring before..

and if you guys havent either..

http://wordsmithandcapturerofessence...ellow-gold.jpg

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Reminds me of a Rajas ring.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Rajas ring was just a coil http://static.ffxiah.com/images/icon/15543.png

Does it actually matter if a virtual ring looks like a real ring elsewhere? I could see it being a problem if it ever became a real ring, but I don't know where the legality goes if it's just virtual.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It is a ripoff, often referred to as "past, present, and future."

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Miya stop ignoring my fking tells in game!

I like turtles.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nadrojj Rolyatt
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I like number one the best, however number 3 I bet will be the legacy ring if thats what the decide they are giving us. Pretty awesome.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I went with Fenrir. I think that one will turn out nicely and distinctly in game