+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Going to try out this signet build in sPvP today, if I get a chance. I'm kind of torn on the 10 point honor slot. Nothing really fits there.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    Pretty similar to the build I've been running that I've been tweaking here and there. This is the one I played for a bit during stress test.
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fcAQ...koIrPOYk+MqYWB

Was able to get some footage before servers got too laggy.
    How did you get your abilities bound to multiple key presses like A+1? Only ones it would let me use as modifiers was with ctrl/alt/shift.

All the A+1 etc. are alt modifiers.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

All the A+1 etc. are alt modifiers.
    Derp. /facepalm. yeah that makes sense.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Sigil of Earth does actually have an ICD on it now which is 5 seconds. But it's still probably the best option for condition builds.
    i don't want to play this game anymore

Edit.
    I used them earlier today, they're still hilariously good. The cool down appears to be per sigil, so effectively 2.5s if you're using two of them.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Sigil of Earth does actually have an ICD on it now which is 5 seconds. But it's still probably the best option for condition builds.
    That was seriously broken on condition ranger and I'm sure a few other builds. I know i used it and it was crazy.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

They added the ICD for BWE3 I believe.

I was under the impression that using double sigils either did not work or received such high diminishing returns that it was not worth it. I can definitely see them making this not work in the immediate future.

I was wondering what type of "second" glyph setup would be suggested for a condition necro? Would it be best to go with Superior Agony (10% Bleed Duration) or go for something a bit more defensive such as Purity (Crit Chance to cleanse condition). With Purity's 10sec ICD it makes me scratch my head. With Consume Conditions and Deadly Swarm, I am not sure removing conditions in other ways is 1) A good idea or 2) required.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I'm curious what people are considering for Mesmer ... anybody else mess around w/ Mesmer builds?
    You know, I meant to reply to this and forgot. Mesmer is the only class that holds my attention... for now, I guess. This is what I was using (strictly PvE) before our pre-Sylvari/Asura update characters were wiped, and it's what I began building toward again on a Sylvari mesmer.

You could call it a glass cannon build, but if you're getting hit in PvE on mesmer, you're doing it wrong anyway.

94% crit chance? Yes, please. Unfortunately, that's only with all the runes applied in PvP, but, wow, did I ever kick some AI every-profession butt in the Heart of the Mists. Once again, the key was not to get hit... or as little as possible, anyway... lol.

...and here is a much safer "dare you to hit me," condition damage/duration and toughness-centric build which is likely to be a bit better in PvP, but... you know, it's all presumption right now.

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Trying to put together a Mark/Well-based necromancer. Not sure that I think much of Well of Power or Suffering. The minion summon is just there as a decoy, hence bone minions' two summons. I'm not sure about Elite; I mostly went with lich because it has two marks.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    I am trying to wrap my head around your choices in the Spite(Power) line. Yes power helps a bit, but since you are looking at a much heavier condition build it simply seems counter-intuitive to me. Really, the build looks like you are trying to be a condition build but a number of the choices counter that. Using the 5% damage Sigil on both weapons instead of using Sigil of Earth counters your condition set up. With 50% crit, you should be looking at that as one of your major bleeds.

Other thing I would suggest is that if you are going to use 2 separate Rune sets, I would ditch Lyssa and pick up Afflicted/Krait. The 25 precision you get from Lyssa amounts to 1% crit while the 15% Bleed Duration may allow you to swap your 33% Scepter Condition trait to something else more globally useful like "Weakness on Crit". Going from 50% to 49% crit rate is not going to be overall noticeable but adding 15% Bleed Duration will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragir View Post
    94% crit chance? Yes, please. Unfortunately, that's only with all the runes applied in PvP, but, wow, did I ever kick some AI every-profession butt in the Heart of the Mists. Once again, the key was not to get hit... or as little as possible, anyway... lol.

Mind you putting a gem in every accessory slot like you have doesn't actually work in the game. You can only place those gems inside the amulet in sPvP and afaik those gems do not exist in PvE/WvW as the gems are there to make up for the fact there are zero stats on gear. Arena.net wanted to simplify gearing up for sPvP and took ALL the stats that would be given to you from all the other stat based slots and placed them in the Amulet+Gem slot. If you add up all the stats you would get in a PvE gearset you would get the same numbers as that one slot. So putting PvP gems in the additional accessory slots on your theoretical build just simply does not work.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Any fun Thief builds floating around?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I've got this build idea for a norn warrior for WvW (hence Owl and Snow Leopard), a kind of skirmisher type. This is, obviously, the end build, but it should only need 20 arms and 10 Tactics to get started. Based on stacks of bleeding, and cripple-immobilize-fury chains. I don't know much about how well PvP runes correlate to PvE/WvW, but obviously Earth/Agony would be the tactically relevant sigils here. I think it could be adapted to sPvP by trading norn skills for Berserker Stance and Signet of Rage, to get more Flurries out. I'm going to play with it a bit if there's another Stress Test, otherwise it'll go into the pile to play with after launch.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by LidenbokValour View Post
    Any fun Thief builds floating around?
    With the leaked thief patch notes, i think you're going to see much more variety other than the venom builds. Probably going to see a ton of pistol whip and unload builds become more viable. As for PVE, you can pretty much make any build fun, just build for what you enjoy (crits, mobility, conditions).

Where would those leaked notes be?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Where would those leaked notes be?
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...d-patch-notes/

New Dagger Storm is ridiculous.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

The Sword changes are interesting. I really enjoyed the Pistol Whip build quite a bit in my limited thief play in sPvP.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    If that Dagger Storm change is accurate, it's about to get really fucking Top Man up in here.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post
    Putting PvP gems in the additional accessory slots on your theoretical build just simply does not work.
    It works very well indeed for entertainment value (the build creator site needs a little tweak ).

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

It says right on it that it's PvE/RvR only.